Phitsanulok, Phichit hit hard as Yom River almost dries up

Lite Beer

Phitsanulok, Phichit hit hard as Yom River almost dries up
The Sunday Nation

30252109-01_big.jpg?1421532932183

PHITSANULOK: -- Many provinces are suffering from severe drought, including Phitsanulok, where the Yom River, which passes through Phrom Phiram, Muang and Bang Rakam districts, has almost dried up, an informed source said yesterday.

With many farmers in Phrom Phiram and Bang Rakam pumping water from shallow wells and canals into their rice fields - filled with young off-season-crop paddy, provincial irrigation project head Bundit Intha issued a warning.

Bundit said although there had been some rain to help farmers in the 190,000 rai (75,000 acre) rice irrigation zone, the area remained at high risk of severe drought for next four months.

He said there was not enough water to supply farmers and urged them to maximise the use of wells and ponds, while warning farmers who had not planted rice to hold off doing so.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Phitsanulok-Phichit-hit-hard-as-Yom-River-almost-d-30252109.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-01-18

• Like 1

"He said there was not enough water to supply farmers and urged them to maximise the use of wells and ponds........"

Provincial irrigation project head Bundit Intha doesn't seem to understand the concept of groundwater very well. Hardly an informed source.

How long it will it take, how bad will it get, before they decide a dam isn't such a bad idea. It wasn't that long ago this river was in flood.

• Like 1

"He said there was not enough water to supply farmers and urged them to maximise the use of wells and ponds........"

Provincial irrigation project head Bundit Intha doesn't seem to understand the concept of groundwater very well. Hardly an informed source.

How long it will it take, how bad will it get, before they decide a dam isn't such a bad idea. It wasn't that long ago this river was in flood.

If only that bitch Mother Nature would cooperate, we would not be reading this. Not mans fault at all.

I spent some time in Sukhothai a few years ago. Not too far from Phits. The place seemed to have a lot of water there.

I lived in Phitsanulok a little over 3 yrs ago and it seemed to pour rain every day and all night. Canals were overflowing onto the road.

I spent some time in Sukhothai a few years ago. Not too far from Phits. The place seemed to have a lot of water there.

I lived in Phitsanulok a little over 3 yrs ago and it seemed to pour rain every day and all night. Canals were overflowing onto the road.

Ah yes, the days of the Great Flood, and it rained for 40 days and 40 nights. The good old days, I Noah what you mean.thumbsup.gif

Noah, what a guy! Worlds best financier. He floated company when the rest of the world was in liquidation rolleyes.gif

• Like 1