Measurement per sqm for condos in Thailand

In my experience, the condo purchase contracts normally have a clause that if the actual measurement of the condo unit differs from the official measurement, the actual measurement will be used and the difference in cost adjusted at the time of transfer.

Personally, I stick to older condos because they are better built, larger and you can check their track record.

With bank's low interest rates there is, in my opinion, a bubble of cheap new condo developments on the market now but I wouldn't go near them. Since Thais and some foreigners prefer new condos, there is currently a glut of cheap well-built second hand condos that can be bought for a steal through foreclosures. cowboy.gif

My condo is a claimed 64 sq.m. It is actually 59.5 sq.m. Yes, I have included the thickness of the external walls. Thais have a different attitude to numerical exactitude and honesty when it comes to selling something. I believe this exaggeration of area is normal in the condo game.

• Like 1

I'm actually going out this weekend to look at some condos. Glad I stumbled on this thread before I did!

I've done some of my own research, but does anybody know where else I can find a list of foreclosed condos in BKK?

Would love to hear how this experience ends for you Evolare!

Yeah, actually I already own a condo but like to keep my feelers out there. Maybe just that buyers itch in me? whistling.gif Saw this Thailand foreclosures list the other day. Seemed like a pretty comprehensive list of a lot of the sites I've found in the past from what I could tell when I glanced it over...

I have a measure tape if you need to borrow it Evolare. tongue.png

"I saw a condo at the Pano Rama3 70sqm look like 50sqm maybe."

Rather than just look, you should measure. Too, you should look at the condo deed, which indicates the actual measurements. You should measure the condo and, if there are any discrepancies, you should notify your agent. The advertised size of the condo will include the balconies. For a brief period of time, the BMA ruled that condos with a certain distance of an MRT/MRTA line could not be sold with parking spaces. Although this ruling may never have been implemented, your purchase contract should indicate the number of parking spaces that are included with your condo.