Suvarnabhumi bans taxi driver singled out in Japanese man's rant

webfact

Why just ban him from the airport, why can't he have his taxi license revoked?

Because AOT isn't the police force so they don't have that authority. If someone made a complaint to the police they could start that process.

What difference would it make to ban him and revoke his license anyway? It will not stop him from driving taxis and he only needs to change his name on the card inside the taxi yo keep going to the airport. Surely that would be an easy fix in the hub of scammers!
  • Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

At Checkpoints Fine them on the spot for non use of meters...

Good idea, at the random police check points police could check if the meter is running and ask where the vehicle departed from.

Now do the same at the Grand Palace, the scouts there on the pavement always tell tourists that the palace is closed while it is NOT.

Also the taxi's there won't use the metre.

Thailand needs to grow up fast. Taxi tariff has risen last month so now it's time to do the job like it should be done.

• Like 1

Why just ban him from the airport, why can't he have his taxi license revoked?

Because AOT isn't the police force so they don't have that authority. If someone made a complaint to the police they could start that process.

What difference would it make to ban him and revoke his license anyway? It will not stop him from driving taxis and he only needs to change his name on the card inside the taxi yo keep going to the airport. Surely that would be an easy fix in the hub of scammers!

Yes ,also no need to change the photo,as they all look the same anyway.

if you have been living in bangkok for at least a year or less, you should know by then that you can get a metered taxi on the 'Departure Area.'

There are lots of taxis in there who sent their passengers to leave thailand or to pick-up friends/relatives and those drivers are very much happy to get another passenger wherever you go on a meter.

Pattaya is another story I guess.

• Like 2

One Taxi driver tried to pull this stunt when we came back from Europe last month. Since I speak Thai both my wife and I said in Thai we want the meter turned on

He relented but did try it .

I don't blame the Airport for clamping down on the drives Cuddos to you and Keep it up

shouldn't the manager and taxi stand staff be disciplined as well? they shrugged their shoulders and ignored the passenger after he made a complaint. After all they are in charge and ARE suppose to be enforcing all taxi go by the meter.

if you have been living in bangkok for at least a year or less, you should know by then that you can get a metered taxi on the 'Departure Area.'

There are lots of taxis in there who sent their passengers to leave thailand or to pick-up friends/relatives and those drivers are very much happy to get another passenger wherever you go on a meter.

Pattaya is another story I guess.

Yeah, we always go up to the 4th floor to get a return taxi into town. NEVER had a problem. Drivers are happy to get the return fare. these 2 trips pay for his car rent for the shift.