Tot Ipstar

Gary A

I cancelled my shit service Loxinfo Ipstar after TOT promised to install their TOT Ipstar service. They promised two weeks for the installation. Two weeks and two days later they came and set up the new dish. After fiddling around with their lap top and trying to get a connection they told me that Bangkok has a BIG problem and I would have to wait until Bangkok straightened out their problem. I am now using my cell phone and GPRS. Is anyone else having TOT Ipstar problems? Is this going to be a repeat of Loxinfo? :o

I had the Mrs call them and they told her if everything is still working Monday they will hook me up. I have no idea what their problem was yesterday and today. I'd hate to have to rely on GPRS.

I cancelled my useless CS-Lox IPstar and got TOT IPstar 2MB this month. Works like a charm! The problems in BKK a few weeks back are solved. Call their customer service and they will fix you up.

Thanks George, I'll keep the board informed. The really sad part is that this GPRS is better than the Loxinfo Ipstar was and that's not saying much. I signed up for the 512/256 package at 2200 baht per month. Installation was 2140 baht complete. The 3500 baht installation fee was crossed out and hand written to 2140 baht. ??

When you canceled your package did you get any money back? Those thieves charged me about 9600 baht for the original installation and I forgot if any of the charge was a deposit. They have NOT picked up their dish or modem.

TOT are changing from using Internet Thailand as an otsourced ISP. TOT are their own ISP now, and are fine tuning it right now. They might not hook up new customers before Monday.
Edited by Gary A

I cancelled my useless CS-Lox IPstar and got TOT IPstar 2MB this month. Works like a charm! The problems in BKK a few weeks back are solved. Call their customer service and they will fix you up.

George: CSLoxinfo got a lot better since a few weeks, now I get almost the performance from an analog modem. to my surprise bittorrent is working very well.

Hi, I am using IPSTAR with subscription at ACUMEN. For me it is really hopeless. I have a 3500/month 512/128 and streaming is only possible before 8 am and after 7 pm !

Offline is taking almost 15 % of the time, and this mostly happens when you really need the internet.

If I take a TOT IPSTAR would streaming be possible 24/24 ? Like internet radio ?

Thanks

When you canceled your package did you get any money back? Those thieves charged me about 9600 baht for the original installation and I forgot if any of the charge was a deposit. They have NOT picked up their dish or modem.

TOT are changing from using Internet Thailand as an otsourced ISP. TOT are their own ISP now, and are fine tuning it right now. They might not hook up new customers before Monday.

Money back? LOL

They tried charged me some 3,000 Baht extra. I sent the invoice back to them via registered mail together with a note from my attorney: "See you in court".

George: CSLoxinfo got a lot better since a few weeks, now I get almost the performance from an analog modem. to my surprise bittorrent is working very well.

Confirm that my CSLoxinfo 512/256 service has been holding steady all day at 380/175 for the last couple of weeks....a big improvement.

Confirm that my CSLoxinfo 512/256 service has been holding steady all day at 380/175 for the last couple of weeks....a big improvement.

Guest Reimar

First at all: all IP-Star connections running over THAICOM, mainly Thaicom 4 Satellite, while THAICOM is an Shinawatra Corporation Daughter Company! And TOT on thems Own? TOT is connected to THAICOM!

Since IP-Star was changed to Thaicom 4, the problem started up. Information i got from Managment members of CSLoxinfo says that they ordered Engineers from the USA to come to solve the existing problems. here we all have to wait for!

But the service of CSLoxinfo was getting much better within the last 2-3 weeks. Frome an download middle of 110 kbs and upload from 16 kbs take a look at the screen shot (attached file J_NET Gain ena.jpg at http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...st&id=13021 and http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...t&id=13022) from a speed test from today. The major problem isn't the speed, that is the file corruption!

By the way, my connection is 512/256 kbps with 5 static IP's and I signed up with my company.

On next Tuesday CSLoxinfo and engineers from THAICOM will visit my company for simultan direct testings about the CRC error and file corruption. May then they can found out something!?

I wikeep posting about the testings and the results.

But anyway, as bad as the service for the connection and/or transmission may is, the direct service of CSLoxinfo improves within the last month enormously!

How much is the TOT service, at what speeds, and does anyone have experience with their service?

I am thinking about alternatives since I have heard from many people that satellite internet is so crappy. I need a relatively fast connection, 256 won't do it for me.

Guest Reimar
Reimar, try to disable "Netgain" in your IPstar terminal settings. You will get no coruoted files after that! Netgain is a compression format that CS-Loxinfo has problems with.

Hi George,

what do you think what I try to do by disable Netgain? Exactly what you are talking about! But: WITH NETGAIN DISABLED THE DOWNLOADS CORRUPT!!!

And why other user from TOT has exactly the same problem??

I cancelled my csloxinfo ipstar 3 months ago as I was really disappointed with their connection speed and constant service disruption

I happened to learn from this forum that there is another IPStar from TOT.

For those who have used TOT IPStar, is the connection stable ?

Where can I apply for the service ?

Thanks

I am quite happy with my TOT 512/256 as far a surfing and speed, HOWEVER, nearly everything I download is corrupted. Turning Netgain off didn't help.

I cancelled my csloxinfo ipstar 3 months ago as I was really disappointed with their connection speed and constant service disruption

Thanks

Guest Reimar
I am quite happy with my TOT 512/256 as far a surfing and speed, HOWEVER, nearly everything I download is corrupted. Turning Netgain off didn't help.

Thanks

Hi Gary,

try to disable Multicast also! I can use the downloads now but only if my connection is ok and that is my problem in the moment. The connection down every few minutes and the box is rebooting.

May you go to ipstar.csloxinfo.com and download iUAT 1.4 and check you alignments and so on. But before you do anything, make screen shots from your setting pages of the box.

I/ll attach 1 pic and 1 textfile with the info you need to start the program.

Guest Reimar
Thanks Reimar, I now get good downloads but at about a third of the speed. I don't often download programs so that suits me.

Gary, you need to use a Download Accelerator and the speed go much better!! You can get a free version of the Download Accelerator Plus V. 8.xx for free here: http://www.speedbit.com

Thanks Reimar, I now get good downloads but at about a third of the speed. I don't often download programs so that suits me.

Gary, you need to use a Download Accelerator and the speed go much better!! You can get a free version of the Download Accelerator Plus V. 8.xx for free here: http://www.speedbit.com

I downloaded the accelerator at 60 KB/sec plus. Corrupted. :o

I shut off Netgain and Multicast and downloaded at about 20 KB/sec. The download was fine. I installed the program and downloaded it again and it was worse, about 14 KB/sec when I stopped the download. I uninstalled the program. I have NEVER found one of those that worked yet. Thanks anyways but no more than I download I'm happy at 20 KB/sec if the download is not corrupted.

Dunno what all the fuss is about, it works sometimes doesn't it?

And 4280 baht a month is a mere pitance for the privilage of having one of their super looking dishes on the roof next to the UBC dish, that alone is worth the money and the envy of the entire village.

The technical service is first rate and I know that one day soon they will be able to answer my questions about how to get a complete file from their server to my computer.

Tommorrow I shall call them and ask if I might stop by their office for tea and biscuits to discuss refunds for shortfall in bandwidth.

Edited by Rimmer

Gee Rimmer, I guess I have been here too long. I'm VERY happy to have something that works most of the time. Since I canceled Loxinfo Ipstar I have the added pleasure of having TWO of those super looking dishes in my yard. Not only does TOT Ipstar work most of the time, it is twice as fast as the 2,500 (256/128) baht package and cheaper at 2,200 baht (512/256).

Maybe I should tell Loxinfo to leave the other dish here and see if they will give me a discount because it is not hooked up. I have BIG face in the village because NO ONE has two Ipstar dishes and a UBC dish. :o

And 4280 baht a month is a mere pitance for the privilage of having one of their super looking dishes on the roof next to the UBC dish, that alone is worth the money and the envy of the entire village.

The technical service is first rate and I know that one day soon they will be able to answer my questions about how to get a complete file from their server to my computer.

Tommorrow I shall call them and ask if I might stop by their office for tea and biscuits to discuss refunds for shortfall in bandwidth.

Edited by Gary A

I contacted TOT and they duly came down to the house and found the CSLoxinfo dish occupying a prime position under the sofit pointing 120d and 60d up at the shiny new satalite. My roof has a 1 mtr overhang and CSLoxinfo supplied a sturdy 1 mtr bracket to keep the dish away from the wall. So far so good.

BUT TOT don't have such a bracket so they went away muttering that it was too hard to install under an overhang. That's four weeks ago now so I s'pose I am stuck with CSLoxinfo.

Can't believe it really happened.....

My house also has a one meter overhang. Loxinfo put the dish on an existing pad that extends out from my front porch so it is at ground level. TOT took off the Loxinfo dish and mounted an identical dish on the same spot. I never considered mounting the dish off the ground.

Guest Reimar

I downloaded the accelerator at 60 KB/sec plus. Corrupted. :o

I shut off Netgain and Multicast and downloaded at about 20 KB/sec. The download was fine. I installed the program and downloaded it again and it was worse, about 14 KB/sec when I stopped the download. I uninstalled the program. I have NEVER found one of those that worked yet. Thanks anyways but no more than I download I'm happy at 20 KB/sec if the download is not corrupted.

Hi Gary,

I'm very sorry that it didn't work for you!

I use the same version on the CS-L IP-Star and the downloads goes up til 50+KByte/s with Netgain and Multicast disabled! If I download "normal", that means without DAP, the download never exeed 20KByte/s, mostly time below 10 KByte/s.

The IDA, Internet Daownload Accelerator, a different one, works fast as DAP but didn't work with Firefox and I mainly use Firefox.

Anyway there are some servers around from which you can't download with DA only a single signal is possible.

I've setup the DA's in my system to 10 downloads at a time and they splitt to around 8 different packets at 1 download.

Hi all:

I got IPSTAR Satelitte broadband 256/128 from TOT who are agent now. At First I had teething problems, but I found an English speaking guy in the call centre and explained and they tweeked things from there, sometimes it drops out but not very often.

If you in the Burriram area here are the call centre numbers for ADSL hi speed problems

044617731 044611797

macb

how did you cancel csloxs*hit? I called them they told me friendly to just write an email to cancel.

Did that....

What you think is the backfeeding? Zero, Nada, nischta, nichts....

If they told me to print a letter and send it for santa clause it might has worked better.

Gee Rimmer, I guess I have been here too long. I'm VERY happy to have something that works most of the time. Since I canceled Loxinfo Ipstar I have the added pleasure of having TWO of those super looking dishes in my yard. Not only does TOT Ipstar work most of the time, it is twice as fast as the 2,500 (256/128) baht package and cheaper at 2,200 baht (512/256).

Maybe I should tell Loxinfo to leave the other dish here and see if they will give me a discount because it is not hooked up. I have BIG face in the village because NO ONE has two Ipstar dishes and a UBC dish. :o

I sent them an email to cancel. No response. I had my wife call them and she was instructed to fax a copy of my passport and the reason that I wanted to cancel. I told them that their service was VERY bad and that I was paying a BIG price for very bad service. I also told them that after many emails it has gotten worse rather than better. If they didn't want to cancel the service I refuse to pay any more bills. I told them that I saved the fax record and if they had any problem to let me know. They shut off the service but the dish and box are still here. I'm about to email them to tell them that I will be charging a rental fee for the storage. Loxinfo SUCKS!!!

I sent them an email to cancel. No response. I had my wife call them and she was instructed to fax a copy of my passport and the reason that I wanted to cancel. I told them that their service was VERY bad and that I was paying a BIG price for very bad service. I also told them that after many emails it has gotten worse rather than better. If they didn't want to cancel the service I refuse to pay any more bills. I told them that I saved the fax record and if they had any problem to let me know. They shut off the service but the dish and box are still here. I'm about to email them to tell them that I will be charging a rental fee for the storage. Loxinfo SUCKS!!!

I registered it on name of company, so I'll have to send the company dox again....

They want the reason for cancel :o:D

That might be the reason why noone is brave enough to pick up the equipment......