Israeli police: Palestinian stabs nine passengers on Tel Aviv bus

webfact

How much "understanding" do these type of posters express when the victims are Israelis? They usually make up excuses for the Arab perpetrator - "he just could not take it any more." rolleyes.gif

While that is not my quote I do understand & to some degree agree with what your saying but, I do not think it is mainly based in any nationalism or racism...at least for myself I can say unequivocally that is not the case.

I think it is just human nature & for better or worse this whole problem with Israel & Palestine gets a lot of coverage these last few years. While Hamas actions are inexcusable I do not think the majority of folks reading in the world think of Palestinians in general as terrorist deserving what they have gotten in both force & politically

I do think due to very unbalanced reactions...(yes I know in war things are not equal) but I do think many do see what happens & consider it overreaction & collateral damages way too high due to excessive force being applied. Again & before it is stated I know the claims of Hamas hiding in populated areas.

Be that as it may I think when other posters like JT are always talking about a rise in anti-Israel throughout

Europe & the world that this is in fact the main reasons...actions & a human natured response for the underdog.

I have come to accept hard core Israel supporters will never find anything wrong with their actions but if nothing else Israel should consider where it is all going. No country is an island....well unless you want to be North Korea As such Israel if nothing else should look at their public image & consider what damages are being incurred & what the future could hold if the feelings JT often mentions continues to rise.

I have no answers just my opinions/observations

• Like 2

Your reflexive blaming of the victim is very telling and I see the same failings in Europe where every excuse under the sun is made for Muslim violence and intimidation.

We also see it on these threads whenever there's yet another atrocity in the name of Islam. 'Just a lone wolf' or 'not a terrorist attack' or 'nothing to do with Islam' from the usual suspects.

As another poster stated...

The sympathy and excuses bring offered here by the Israel demonization chorus is as predictable as it is vomit making.

To be honest, I've never been that fond of Israel and the few Israelis I have met have been, by and large, mostly unlikeable. Saying that, I understand why they have the chip on the shoulder attitude. Being surrounded by backward states full of savages hell bent on your destruction probably gives one a certain outlook on life.

And remember, it's not Israel shooting, blowing up and beheading journalists, commuters and unarmed soldiers on the streets of European capitals.

We need to understand who the real enemy is here. Thankfully, it appears the eyes of the west, long clouded by the fog of political correctness, are starting to open.

Edited by Scott
  • Like 1

Your reflexive blaming of the victim is very telling and I see the same failings in Europe where every excuse under the sun is made for Muslim violence and intimidation.

We also see it on these threads whenever there's yet another atrocity in the name of Islam. 'Just a lone wolf' or 'not a terrorist attack' or 'nothing to do with Islam' from the usual suspects.

The sympathy and excuses bring offered here by the Israel demonization chorus is as predictable as it is vomit making.

To be honest, I've never been that fond of Israel and the few Israelis I have met have been, by and large, mostly unlikeable.

Saying that, I understand why they have the chip on the shoulder attitude. Being surrounded by backward states full of savages hell bent on your destruction probably gives one a certain outlook on life.

And remember, it's not Israel shooting, blowing up and beheading journalusts, commuters and unarmed soldiers on the streets of European capitals.

We need to understand who is the real enemy here. Thankfully, it appears the eyes of the west, long clouded by the fog of political correctness, are starting to open.

Actually you have hit the nail on the head. Israel is the canary in the Wests coal mine, once it wakes up and sees Israel is merely dealing with what Europe has in store allegiances will change rapidly. The mainstream press is being found out to be politically motivated liars, it would take but a couple of articles on Palestinian media for the world to wake up. Incidentally the Palestinian Facebook page was inciting more attacks, yet the EU and US continue to fund them.

When are the next Palestinian elections scheduled for again?

Logically after each Israeli bombing.

Israeli's are always targetting political chiefs and their family during these raids...

Was Hamas political leadership specifically targeted during the Gaza fighting? coffee1.gif

Was the Fatah political leadership targeted at all?

Edited by Morch

Human suffering is kind of universal....meaning I would feel bad for a dog of any nationality being treated as such

I think many are/feel the same....or not

Allow me to doubt that if a terrorist attack was carried out in your town, your first and foremost concern would be the well being of the perpetrator.

Since your two silly posts came right after each other let me address them both together.....

Allow me to doubt that even a child couldn't read my posts & not realize I was speaking

about the FB video moment alone.

Yes one committing murder in our midst would be put down immediately without concern for the well being of the perpetrator.

But that is not what the FB video was showing....was it?

Hence my previous post which you also replied to mentioned trying to be humane.... otherwise

as yet another post of mine mentioned..Yes it is understandable but also.. it is perpetual with neither side being all that different than the other.

Both sides always have ammo to justify the next inhumane act

Well, that's sort of the point. An 8 seconds long clip on a private Facebook page and comments attached serve as proof of general inhumanity. That the attacker actually received medical treatment in a nearby hospital later on, is not.

Agreed that hate on both sides perpetuates itself. It is a point which is, rightly, brought up by you on many discussions. Would be easier to relate to if it wasn't almost exclusively made by referencing it to Israel. There are at least two posts detailing instances of the same thing, which somehow did not merit the same interest. Sometimes it seems as if such behavior is more acceptable when exhibited by Palestinians.

Agreed that hate on both sides perpetuates itself. It is a point which is, rightly, brought up by you on many discussions. Would be easier to relate to if it wasn't almost exclusively made by referencing it to Israel. There are at least two posts detailing instances of the same thing, which somehow did not merit the same interest. Sometimes it seems as if such behavior is more acceptable when exhibited by Palestinians.

Not to say in my defense but..

This post I made earlier is my opinion of why

it may appear posters favor something when they do not or when folks

like JT feel an ever growing anti-Israel sentiment in other countries

To be honest, I've never been that fond of Israel and the few Israelis I have met have been, by and large, mostly unlikeable.

Saying that, I understand why they have the chip on the shoulder attitude. Being surrounded by backward states full of savages hell bent on your destruction probably gives one a certain outlook on life.

And remember, it's not Israel shooting, blowing up and beheading journalusts, commuters and unarmed soldiers on the streets of European capitals.

We need to understand who is the real enemy here. Thankfully, it appears the eyes of the west, long clouded by the fog of political correctness, are starting to open.

Actually you have hit the nail on the head. Israel is the canary in the Wests coal mine, once it wakes up and sees Israel is merely dealing with what Europe has in store allegiances will change rapidly. The mainstream press is being found out to be politically motivated liars, it would take but a couple of articles on Palestinian media for the world to wake up. Incidentally the Palestinian Facebook page was inciting more attacks, yet the EU and US continue to fund them.

The EU mostly deals with minorities (whether citizens, immigrants, refugees is less germane), it does not actively occupy relevant lands anymore. Not the same conditions or overall situation.

Had your comment been referring to Israel's Arab (and, specifically, Muslim) minorities, then it would make more sense. The EU is still a long way from supporting a 20% Muslim minority, so there might have been some lessons to learn from that. Relatively speaking, Israel does not witness the same level of home grown Muslim terrorism compares with the EU. The main two factors contributing to this state of things would be Israel giving greater weight to security issues compared with most EU countries (which could be said to effect civil and human rights), Israeli minorities being, for the most part, realistic regarding alternative options to current situation (whether economic or political). The general effect is that Islamic extremism got less of a chance to find a foothold.

that might make those french jews that want to go to israel, a rethink on their plans

no one is safe with mozzies around

Makes you wonder why hundreds of thousands of us Middle East expats aren't quaking in our boots.

rolleyes.gif

Are you including the Pakistanis, Filippinos and Indians in your "hundreds of thousands" number?giggle.gif

• Like 1

Hanan Ashrawi, a senior official with the Palestine Liberation Organisation, condemned the Tel Aviv attack. However, she added in quotes carried by AP news agency: "You cannot have a violent military occupation with full impunity and then expect all its victims to be calm and quiet."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-30910956

I agree. What goes around, comes around.

Every day, illegal Israeli colonizers in the West Bank attack Palestinians and their property, the IDF supervises the demolition of Palestinian homes in East Jerusalem, 1.6 million people suffer in blockaded Gaza.

The man was not affiliated with any group according to his friends. He just flipped. He'd had enough.

End the occupation, and you end these incidents.

What part of that area are the French occupying? What part is Thailand occupying?

Your nutters are going to kill now matter what anyone does because that's what they are and what they believe will assure the future of Islam.

• Like 1

For the most part, that post was spot on.

There's a known amount of "Cry Wolf" attitude among some, which disregards both that some of what's said is credible and well deserved criticism. Doesn't mean that there's no wolves out there, or that the tone and words chosen to express this criticism do much to dissuade others off the wolf notion. This, as usual, applies to both sides. A lot of this back and forth could be skipped if people would keep things real.

Most sport fans can at least admit it when their team plays bad - maybe not in all cases, maybe they make up excuses, but they can't completely ignore realities. They can even do this while keeping their grip on hating the opposition. Sides in heated political conflict often can't manage even that.

• Like 1

that might make those french jews that want to go to israel, a rethink on their plans

no one is safe with mozzies around

Makes you wonder why hundreds of thousands of us Middle East expats aren't quaking in our boots.

rolleyes.gif

Are you including the Pakistanis, Filippinos and Indians in your "hundreds of thousands" number?giggle.gif

No or I would have said millions.

For the most part, that post was spot on.

There's a known amount of "Cry Wolf" attitude among some, which disregards both that some of what's said is credible and well deserved criticism. Doesn't mean that there's no wolves out there, or that the tone and words chosen to express this criticism do much to dissuade others off the wolf notion. This, as usual, applies to both sides. A lot of this back and forth could be skipped if people would keep things real.

Most sport fans can at least admit it when their team plays bad - maybe not in all cases, maybe they make up excuses, but they can't completely ignore realities. They can even do this while keeping their grip on hating the opposition. Sides in heated political conflict often can't manage even that.

I'd better find some footage of Egyptian football crowds. ;)

Israeli's are always targetting political chiefs and their family during these raids...

Was Hamas political leadership specifically targeted during the Gaza fighting? coffee1.gif

Yes, several Hamas leaders have been killed. IDF didn't use warnings but one ton laser guided bombs for these kind of operations.

The killing of Palestinian leaders is not really new and the list is long :

http://imeu.org/article/israels-history-of-assassinating-palestinian-leaders

Yes, several Hamas leaders have been killed. IDF didn't use warnings but one ton laser guided bombs for these kind of operations.

The killing of Palestinian leaders is not really new and the list is long :

http://imeu.org/article/israels-history-of-assassinating-palestinian-leaders

And that would have some relevance to the Palestinians failing to carry out their last promised elections? Nothing to do with their internal power struggles at all, then?

Most of the names appearing on the list linked were militants and terrorists. A simple Google search will yield details on their "heroic" exploits. Somehow, that does not figure prominently in the linked website - one could almost believe this list is compounded of good men who spent their days helping old ladies cross streets.

Last name of the list is from 2012 - how would this be relevant to the 2014 promised elections failing to materialize? What Hamas political leaders were specifically targeted during the latest Gaza fighting? Which Fatah political leaders were specifically targeted in connection with the current Palestinian non-elections?

Edited by Morch
  • Like 1