Multiple Re-entry permit possible if single entry permit still valid?

I'll be leaving LOS and returning several times between now and the expiration of my permission to stay. I have a valid single re-entry permit expiring July 17, 2015. I have permission to stay until Oct 23, 2015. I plan more than two excursions out of LOS between now and Oct 23. Will immigration provide a multiple entry permit before I use the single entry permit I already have in my passport? Will they issue a multi-entry permit at Suvarnabhumi under these conditions or should I go to ( clenching my teeth here) Chiang Mai immigration ??

Thanks for your help, guys!

It appears the re-entry permit you have now is not valid since it does not have the same date as your permit to stay. If you could use it you would not give you an entry to your permit to stay date.

Not sure how you ended up with a re-entry permit that is not the same as your permit to stay date.

You will have no problem getting a new one. They should cancel the old one when they do the multiple one.

You should be able to able to do it at Suv without a problem.

Thanks, Ubonjoe.

I got the single entry a while ago when my permission to stay only extended to July 17, 2015. I thought I might need it if I stayed out beyond the expiration of my multi-entry Non O-A visa that expired in October, 2014. Ultimately, I left and then I re-entered in Oct 2014 three days before my multiple entry Non-O-A visa expired. I didn't need to use the re-entry permit because I re-entered on my "about to expire" multi entry Visa. I'm now here on permission to stay until Oct. 2015. This time I may stay out beyond the July 17, 2015 date that is covered by the single entry permit and return before the October, 2015 end of my permission to stay.. Hence the need for a new re-entry permit. Thanks for the info and encouragement. I'll try it at BKK.