NLA impeaches Yingluck with 190 votes

webfact

The New York Times confirms the civilised world's view this was a show trial organised by the reactionary far right.

http://nyti.ms/1CXUksn

It won't hurt them, they will argue it was written by a shill or hamster ( I never did understand that analogy ) called Amsterdam, orchestrated by a failed Thai politician in Dubai who controls the worlds press and is eagerly awaiting his sister's imminent arrival so they can go shopping while Thailand's standing in the world blossoms and blooms under benign guidance.

When where can we launch the submarines ?

Interesting. Even Thomas Fuller doesn't touch the subject of whether or not the charge of 'criminal negligence' was correct.

Not surprising that Thailand's rubber stamp parliament, installed by the NCPO voted yes on impeachment for Yingluck.

It has nothing to do with accountability let alone justice. These people never learn, amazing.

Ignoring the political rhetoric can you explain why you believe she was not negligent?

No let's not ignore it, as it clearly shows how illegitimate this whole charade really is. As to negligent, the rice scheme might not have been the best idea, one cannot forget that she was entitled to introduce it due to her government holding 300 out of 500 seats in parliament. Likewise her decision to continue it, despite alleged corruption isn't negligence.

So a scheme positioned and defended as 'self-financing', with statements of 'warnings listened to and taken into account', 'financing arranged' and a debt left of 700 billion Baht is not negligence?

I totally agree with you. It's more like 'defrauding the State' and I only leave out 'criminal' because 'defrauding' already implies that.

Just imagine how Dutch politics and people would react if a PM would even try such shenanigans.

No rubl it is not. Funny you speak of Dutch politics, where for decades subsequent governments have refused to stop the mortage scheme. The last couple of years that very scheme cost the Dutch taxpayers a whopping 550 billion baht give or take, PER YEAR.

But in the Netherlands, politicians are not being impeached for negligence, and rightly so, they received a mandate and are free to continue to support such schemes, even though they don't make much economic sense. It's called democracy.

• Like 1

I'm sure her brother did very well out of the scheme........his wealth jumped some 30 billion over the past couple of years

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

And maybe many more billions we don't know about, sure all the Shinawatras will get a share of it including miss "thank you 3 times".

Mods don't know whether we can post Beeb links or not

Thai authorities have banned former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra from office for five years and launched a legal case that could see her jailed.

An army-appointed legislature impeached her over corruption in a scheme she oversaw to subsidise rice farmers.

The criminal charges, which also relate to the rice scheme, could result in a 10-year jail term.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30928835

Edited by ExPratt

In this or another topic you asked the same question and someone answered to the point. It would seem you didn't like the answer? Why?

Anyway, this is about Yingluck, not about Thaksin, allegedly that is

Sorry but actually Yingluk did the rice pledging scheme!! I have not found the answer to my questions as explained by you. Please direct me and I will definitely tell you why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're right, Ms Yingluck started the RPPS as 'self-financing' scheme positioned and defended by her government. Ms. Yingluck acknowledged warnings, her hand picked cabinet obfuscated, Yingluck stated to be in charge and the scheme lost 700 billion Baht. Lack of clear answers caused her impeachment.

As for your question, it was posted as #157, I answered the topic relevant part in #162, in #165 DLock, billd766 humoured you in #187.

You should pay more attention to proceedings here rolleyes.gif

If he was capable paying attention, he wouldn't be making such ridiculous posts, unless of course, he is just a common troll.

The New York Times confirms the civilised world's view this was a show trial organised by the reactionary far right.

It won't hurt them, they will argue it was written by a shill or hamster ( I never did understand that analogy ) called Amsterdam, orchestrated by a failed Thai politician in Dubai who controls the worlds press and is eagerly awaiting his sister's imminent arrival so they can go shopping while Thailand's standing in the world blossoms and blooms under benign guidance.

Interesting. Even Thomas Fuller doesn't touch the subject of whether or not the charge of 'criminal negligence' was correct.

Look I am not trying to score points but you seem to fail completely to understand the article's intent.It is not meant to defend the rice support scheme and certainly not to endorse Yingluck's role.Criminal negligence is a ludicrous charge but she may well have been negligent.

But it's not the point.The point is the assault on democracy by a rotten and complacent elite, bolstered by armed force and desperate to prevent the Thai people as a whole achieving political influence.Until you grasp that you are just another ant crawling over a mosaic, oblivious of the bigger picture.

• Like 1

It's kind of curious though, how AFP always mentions the rice pledging scheme as funneling money to Thaksin's base among NE farmers. But somehow, they conveniently seem to forget it was YL's government's failure to actually pay those farmers what they were owed that led to a lot of the protests at the time.

It was Thaksin's OTHER supporters and cronies -- not the common people farmers -- who didn't end up having to wait months to get their substantial serving from the gravy train.

While others will conveniently forget it was the street protests, disruption of elections and threats of legal backlash that meant Thai commercial bank withheld the loans.

It was the law that meant the Thai commercial banks withheld their loans. A care-taker government is not allowed to take on new debt. The banks are not allowed to give loans to care-taker governments.

• Like 1

rametindallas, on 24 Jan 2015 - 03:09, said:rametindallas, on 24 Jan 2015 - 03:09, said:
rubl, on 23 Jan 2015 - 20:34, said:rubl, on 23 Jan 2015 - 20:34, said:
laubau, on 23 Jan 2015 - 20:07, said:laubau, on 23 Jan 2015 - 20:07, said:
rubl, on 23 Jan 2015 - 20:01, said:rubl, on 23 Jan 2015 - 20:01, said:

In this or another topic you asked the same question and someone answered to the point. It would seem you didn't like the answer? Why?

Anyway, this is about Yingluck, not about Thaksin, allegedly that is

Sorry but actually Yingluk did the rice pledging scheme!! I have not found the answer to my questions as explained by you. Please direct me and I will definitely tell you why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're right, Ms Yingluck started the RPPS as 'self-financing' scheme positioned and defended by her government. Ms. Yingluck acknowledged warnings, her hand picked cabinet obfuscated, Yingluck stated to be in charge and the scheme lost 700 billion Baht. Lack of clear answers caused her impeachment.

As for your question, it was posted as #157, I answered the topic relevant part in #162, in #165 DLock, billd766 humoured you in #187.

If he was capable paying attention, he wouldn't be making such ridiculous posts, unless of course, he is just a common troll.

I am working 18 hrs a day on a rig now. I do not always have a lot of free time on my hands like you guys obviously do. You should take your blinders off because they are giving you tunnel vision. There are other reasons for many things happening that are outside your realm of comprehension or acceptance!! Still nobody has answered my question about the why the government's current subsidy is cool but Thaksin's were not. You should pay more attention too but at least I have a legitimate excuse!

Edited by laubau

rametindallas, on 24 Jan 2015 - 03:09, said:
rubl, on 23 Jan 2015 - 20:34, said:

I am working 18 hrs a day on a rig now. I do not always have a lot of free time on my hands like you guys obviously do. You should take your blinders off because they are giving you tunnel vision. There are other reasons for many things happening that are outside your realm of comprehension or acceptance!! This probably goes for everything in life for you clowns!

I've worked on oil rigs, production platforms, seismic boats, etc. for many years in the Gulf of Mexico and SOP is 12 hour work days (except one job as a drilling rig inspector where we would work until the job was done and then got lots of time off to recover). If you are off work only six hours a day, you are being unsafe. Unsafe on a rig is a recipe for disaster. Now I have even more doubts about your judgment and/or veracity.

BTW, six hours off from work every day doesn't leave much time for sleeping and keeping up with the news. Where do you get your Thailand news and when? Maybe you are the one with "tunnel vision".

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Impeaching Yingluck is the biggest joke I have seen in YEARS!!! The minority and rich elite got their wish with a junta stacked vote. No Yingluck in the next elections!! Why when Thaksin gave the poor Thai people help with medical care and the rice scheme, the opposition called it corruption and buying votes? Why when the junta gave cash subsidies to the poor, the opposition call it a great thing! I am dazed and confused! Please explain this to me!

When Thasin gave health care to the poor he made sure that they were charged 30 baht per visit. He also did not make sure that the Health Ministry had the funds to support it.

When the Democrats took power they threw out the 30 baht charge which cost more to administrate than 30 baht.

When the caring for the poor people PTP took power the put the 30 baht charge back.

The Shinawatra family care for the poor and oppressed in Thailand?

Not a chance, they ONLY care for themselves with Thaksin as #1.

You just hate democracy in Thailand.

However did you come to that conclusion? You don't know me, we have never met so how do YOU know what I like or dislike.

If you had prefixed your comment with "In my opinion billd766 you just hate democracy in Thailand" I would think, OK that is your opinion so I will ignore it.

Now in my personal opinion I thing that you are ignorant, arrogant, ill informed and stupid. That of course is only in my opinion as I don't know you and we have never met so it is simply based on what you wrote on this post. I could be completely wrong as I often am in which case I would apologise IF I was.

PS I don't hate democracy in Thailand at all, it is just that over the last 20 odd years I haven't seen very much of it from ANY political group.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Impeaching Yingluck is the biggest joke I have seen in YEARS!!! The minority and rich elite got their wish with a junta stacked vote. No Yingluck in the next elections!! Why when Thaksin gave the poor Thai people help with medical care and the rice scheme, the opposition called it corruption and buying votes? Why when the junta gave cash subsidies to the poor, the opposition call it a great thing! I am dazed and confused! Please explain this to me!

When Thasin gave health care to the poor he made sure that they were charged 30 baht per visit. He also did not make sure that the Health Ministry had the funds to support it.

When the Democrats took power they threw out the 30 baht charge which cost more to administrate than 30 baht.

When the caring for the poor people PTP took power the put the 30 baht charge back.

You just hate democracy in Thailand.

Again, no explanation…We are left guessing as to what you mean.

Why does he hate democracy for highlighting a flawed scheme?

Feel free to answer this while mulling over this.

The Junta introduced a pension fund to benefit a broad spectrum of the population. Not just rice farmers.

Edited by djjamie

billd766, on 23 Jan 2015 - 17:33, said:
laubau, on 23 Jan 2015 - 13:27, said:

Yes, it is called giving up something for the poor and that's why the northern poor support them!! Initially there was enough cash in the coffers. Obviously, you having a clue is only true in the canyons of your own mind. Don't you think that the rice subsidy given by the current government costs much more to administer than zero cost? You are yellow in every way!!

Thank you very much. Now can you please explain WHAT the Shinawatras and the PTP gave up for the poor. After all the majority of poor farmers are still poor though Thaksi ahs managed to increase HIS personal fortune by some 450%.

Will make it all the more amusing when a Thaksin affiliated party wins the next election.

Oh, we thought of that. The requirements in the Constitution will be enhanced a bit. It will exclude political parties affiliated, or owned / managed by known criminals. I think even in Italy the Mafia is not allowed to be politically involved, a field trip seems in order smile.png

Edited by rubl
  • Like 2

Will make it all the more amusing when a Thaksin affiliated party wins the next election.

Oh, we thought of that. The requirements in the Constitution will be enhanced a bit. It will exclude political parties affiliated, or owned / managed by known criminals. I think even in Italy the Mafia is not allowed to be politically involved, a field trip seems in order smile.png

Awww that's a cute but I think you'll find a different mafia will be quietly running the country . One that has enough power never to be convicted.

• Like 1

It's kind of curious though, how AFP always mentions the rice pledging scheme as funneling money to Thaksin's base among NE farmers. But somehow, they conveniently seem to forget it was YL's government's failure to actually pay those farmers what they were owed that led to a lot of the protests at the time.

It was Thaksin's OTHER supporters and cronies -- not the common people farmers -- who didn't end up having to wait months to get their substantial serving from the gravy train.

While others will conveniently forget it was the street protests, disruption of elections and threats of legal backlash that meant Thai commercial bank withheld the loans.

It was the law that meant the Thai commercial banks withheld their loans. A care-taker government is not allowed to take on new debt. The banks are not allowed to give loans to care-taker governments.

Look at firstarter's history. Troll? I think so. I refuse to respond to him as he is always making loose and non-factual statements. Don't feed the troll and he will be replaced soon.

Edited by rametindallas
  • Like 1

Look at firestar's join date. Now, look how active he has just become. Troll? I think so. I refuse to answer him as he is always making loose and non-factual statements.

Then don't.

If you did please explain how the street protest didn't lead to Yingluck's caretaker status in the first place, or how Suthep didn't threaten the banks while there was still some debate over the loans or how the PDRC didn't sometimes just resort to outright violence to impede the sale of rice http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/protesters-stall-rice-auction

Edited by firestar

No rubl it is not. Funny you speak of Dutch politics, where for decades subsequent governments have refused to stop the mortage scheme. The last couple of years that very scheme cost the Dutch taxpayers a whopping 550 billion baht give or take, PER YEAR.

But in the Netherlands, politicians are not being impeached for negligence, and rightly so, they received a mandate and are free to continue to support such schemes, even though they don't make much economic sense. It's called democracy.

I take your word for it at the value it has.

I get the impression you're mis-representing some data or just obfuscating. Before I can comment much on the whopping 13.75 billion Euro loss the last couple of years the various governments have (allegedly) inflicted on the tax payer in the Netherlands I need more info. Please PM me in Dutch what you're talking about.

In the mean time I will continue here with a PM clearly stating to introduce a 'self-financing' scheme which through 'criminal negligence' she let rake up a whooping 700 billion Baht loss in hardly 2-1/2 years time.

I will give my sentiments , although a lot of people will disagree

It is important when a judgement is given apart from being just and fair it also needs to be perceived to have been reached without bias and influence and favour.

Unfortunately whether the verdict is just the present situation means that it will be viewed as a politically motivated outcome, how could the selected NLA vote otherwise without undermining the current PM and reasons for the coup

What I fear is that the unattended consequences of this judgement will be a set back for women equalities, what would be interesting is to count how many women are part of the NLA

Ah, a new approach.

Suggest the NLA couldn't vote differently because they would undermine the current PM. Ignore the evidence even the BBC was talking about.

As for women's lib, well rather than setback, it's equality time. If a man would be impeached on such clear grounds why not a woman too? Also some women seem still annoyed this little rich girl got where she got because her big brother told her so.

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

I see the mask has slipped and you now openly identify with the fascists.But you are right that the constitution will be rigged to ensure when democracy returns the eventual winner is 100% acceptable to the ruling elites.

Unfortunately for the logic of your silly comment all parties on Thailand have links to criminal elements.However that's not really the point.The aim is to block the influence of the Thai majority for the foreseeable future and to retain the status quo for the greedy few.

What could possibly go wrong?

Being Cambridge educated seems a real drawback for you. Manner of speech not recognised. The obligatory 'fascist' accusation back again.

BTW if 'all political parties' have links to criminal elements, wouldn't a line in the Constitution help to eliminate those links or at least keep them out of the political process?

PS 'greedy few'? Ms. Yingluck kept telling us all poor rice farmers profited from the 700 billion Baht losing RPPS.

EDIT: correct the English wink.png

Edited by rubl

Awww that's a cute but I think you'll find a different mafia will be quietly running the country . One that has enough power never to be convicted.

Allegedly that is. Go check with Heybruce and let him tell you what history teaches some rolleyes.gif

Look I am not trying to score points but you seem to fail completely to understand the article's intent.It is not meant to defend the rice support scheme and certainly not to endorse Yingluck's role.Criminal negligence is a ludicrous charge but she may well have been negligent.

But it's not the point.The point is the assault on democracy by a rotten and complacent elite, bolstered by armed force and desperate to prevent the Thai people as a whole achieving political influence.Until you grasp that you are just another ant crawling over a mosaic, oblivious of the bigger picture.

I understood the point of the article. Almost 'ivory tower' stuff. Still the class struggle with a criminal fugitive billionair being Robbing Hood.

BTW I normally only write 'negligence', but reading the NYT I understand it's 'criminal negligence'.

Rubl, it seems you have been on a vitamine cure those days! ;)

You may write as many posts/hour you want, it will not prevent people from thinking that this process is politically motivated and far from legitimate, fair ans unbiased.

• Like 2