Hooters opening in Pattaya!

MZurf

• 2 weeks later...

I visited the Hooters in Ft Lauderdale and was banned for life before I even got in! We went by taxi and I nipped in to the toilet by the door when I came out one of my oppo's was in deep debate with the manager, apparently he said to the first girl he saw nice tat (meaning tattoo) she took offence and called her boss. I walked up and the manager says "You with these guys?" yes I says ... right your banned too ;)

Houston, was fun

Singapore, not so good, girls were a bit past the sell buy date

last time I went 1.5 years ago ( was an afternoon session ) maybe better at night

Bangkok never been but bet is does well.

Pattaya, not for me. bit of a bus mans holiday I think, but im sure it will do ok

I visited the Hooters in Ft Lauderdale and was banned for life before I even got in! We went by taxi and I nipped in to the toilet by the door when I came out one of my oppo's was in deep debate with the manager, apparently he said to the first girl he saw nice tat (meaning tattoo) she took offence and called her boss. I walked up and the manager says "You with these guys?" yes I says ... right your banned too ;)

How would a lifetime ban be enforced....it would mean those losers would have to be working their at least throughout your lifetime....or implant a microchip under your skin that beeps whenever you enter a hooters anywhere.

All you can eat wings?

How many wings (and all that other stuff too) do you want to eat?

Those ads look like a satirical treatment of the reason for American style obesity.

I can see an all you can eat BUFFET with variety, but again, how many JUST wings?

Amazing.

Edited by Jingthing

All you can eat wings?

Those ads look like a satirical treatment of the reason for American style obesity.

I can see an all you can eat BUFFET with variety, but again, how many JUST wings?

Amazing.

Since you've never been and never will, why the interest?

For those that will check it out, wings are typically served in 5 (appetizer), 10, 20 or 50. Typically when dropping by with a buddy, we would get platter of 20 and a pitcher of beer. If there was 3 or 4 of us, we would get another platter of 20 and another pitcher.

My observation in various Texas locations was that it was generally families dining (WWE Smackdown Nights) or group of guys dining (popular lunch stop with co-workers and great for watching evening sports events. Solitary male diners were scarce, looked like stalkers, had acne and drove Prius's.

All you can eat wings?

Amazing.

For those that will check it out, wings are typically served in 5 (appetizer), 10, 20 or 50. Typically when dropping by with a buddy, we would get platter of 20 and a pitcher of beer. If there was 3 or 4 of us, we would get another platter of 20 and another pitcher.

My observation in various Texas locations was that it was generally families dining (WWE Smackdown Nights) or group of guys dining (popular lunch stop with co-workers and great for watching evening sports events. Solitary male diners were scarce, looked like stalkers, had acne and drove Prius's.

OK. So the deal covers the table? Wow. So come in with a group of 10 and order one all you can eat wings for the table? Seriously?

All you can eat wings?

Amazing.

OK. So the deal covers the table? Wow. So come in with a group of 10 and order one all you can eat wings for the table? Seriously?

I was giving an example of how the wings are typically served when in a US franchise where there are no 'all-you-can-eat' wing buffets, just 4 plate sizes. If you are referring to the advert for the local Hooters Bangkok Wednesday special, it's all you can eat for 599 baht / person and not / table,

So my question was legit then.

600 baht for wings for one person.

How many wings does one person want to eat?

You can buy 4 whole delicious bbq chooks in Soi Boukow for 600 baht.

If I eat half a bbg chicken from Soi Bukow I am full...Cost 80 Baht for half a chicken.

I think only Joey Chestnut https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_Chestnut

Could find value in Hooters 600 Baht all you can eat wings....

I suppose the value of the wing orgy (and their other odd promotions) is in the context of a very high price for their regular order or wings. So relative to that, it may actually be a good value. I'm sure their number crunchers have worked it out and people go for the promotions big time. So compared to a regular order an eater wouldn't need to eat all that many wings for it to be a good deal, assuming he wanted to get a good fill of wings.

I reckon they also know the average number of wings eaten on the promotion, some might eat 10, some might eat 30 but surely most don't eat 30.

Edited by Jingthing

Giggling at the cheap Charlies yet again. If you like the place, like the atmosphere and like the girls, food etc why worry about the cost ? If it seems expensive, just go less often. I'm not exactly potless and like a little luxury now and then. I can't afford a champagne lifestyle every day, nor would I want one as it would become boring. However treating myself a couple of times a week is fine. So if your budget is modest just go enjoy the more pricey places when you can.. You are a long time dead. Live while you can..

I suppose the value of the wing orgy (and their other odd promotions) is in the context of a very high price for their regular order or wings. So relative to that, it may actually be a good value. I'm sure their number crunchers have worked it out and people go for the promotions big time. So compared to a regular order an eater wouldn't need to eat all that many wings for it to be a good deal, assuming he wanted to get a good fill of wings.

I reckon they also know the average number of wings eaten on the promotion, some might eat 10, some might eat 30 but surely most don't eat 30.

Did you get to try the Korean Bon Chon wings in the Royal Garden Plaza yet, I seem to recall some murmurs in the Hit and Run Restaurant Review Thread when it first opened,

that chicken is already quite expensive end of the chain restaurants spectrum, but that's only around 400 baht for about 10 wings, drinks&tax included

the waitress at Royal Garden is quite a looker, hooters or not

Edited by digbeth

Yes Bonchon fried chicken is excellent! A very different thing than American style chicken wings. Different choices at Bonchon but what I like are the four good sized chicken legs with the HOT flavor. It's served with choice of one side, like rice, and a small serving of a non-spicy Korean pickle (not really kimchi). 150 baht, a good value. Just that portion of chicken isn't exactly a full meal though. I suppose people could have some wonderful and reasonably priced amazing food at Bonchon and then mosey on over to the HOOTS for a beer.

Edited by Jingthing

Giggling at the cheap Charlies yet again. If you like the place, like the atmosphere and like the girls, food etc why worry about the cost ? If it seems expensive, just go less often. I'm not exactly potless and like a little luxury now and then. I can't afford a champagne lifestyle every day, nor would I want one as it would become boring. However treating myself a couple of times a week is fine. So if your budget is modest just go enjoy the more pricey places when you can.. You are a long time dead. Live while you can..

I don't think it is really being a cheap Charlie. It is about value relative to prices and costs in the same market place.

In Pattaya spending 600baht on a serving of chicken wings seems way over the odds.

Hilton lunch buffet is only 500 baht.

Siam Siam dinner buffet without alcohol is only 550 baht.

You can go and see gals in gogos for a happy hour drinks of only 70baht so in the context of Pattaya yeah the prices seem over the odds.

It is about value in a particular market place.

I just don't see it in Pattaya.

Did you get to try the Korean Bon Chon wings in the Royal Garden Plaza yet, I seem to recall some murmurs in the Hit and Run Restaurant Review Thread when it first opened,

that chicken is already quite expensive end of the chain restaurants spectrum, but that's only around 400 baht for about 10 wings, drinks&tax included

the waitress at Royal Garden is quite a looker, hooters or not

Sweet food..bah.gif

So my question was legit then.

600 baht for wings for one person.

How many wings does one person want to eat?

You can buy 4 whole delicious bbq chooks in Soi Boukow for 600 baht.

If I eat half a bbg chicken from Soi Bukow I am full...Cost 80 Baht for half a chicken.

I think only Joey Chestnut https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_Chestnut

Could find value in Hooters 600 Baht all you can eat wings....

And if you hunt wild fowl in the jungle you can eat them for free!

• Like 1