walk away guys, throw your price out the window.

dirtycash

pride !!!! lol

so anyway , on my last trip to thailand some completely drunken idiot wanted to fight with me for no reason , shouting abuse at me in front of a crowd , we squared up but in the end i had to walk away, it hurt my pride but nevermind i have nothing to prove. last night again i was driving my bike up soi 7 a crowd of 5-6 guys were blocking my way , i beeped onced for them to move , most did but 2 started to give me abuse , there was an exchange of words then one guy came into my face yelling abuse at me so close i felt his spit in my face , i felt like just going for it but in the back of my mind i knew not to get into a brawl , this really hurt my pride also really got to me , how many times am i to walk away from drunken sh**heads insulting me and wanting to fight . but i know twice i have done the right thing . in my home country i would never walk away but in thailand i have to. i am far from a walk over and have had my fair share of broken noses and teeth out in the past but im getting older and i hope a little wiser. i suppose im hanging out in the wrong places ( soi 7 pattaya ) plenty idiots here. i never have a problem like this anywhere else in thailand like hau hin bangkok or udon thani. though lets not get into pattaya bashing ok .

what would the penalty be for us if police had of been called to a fight between foreigners , even if i did not start it and had witnesses i know the cops would bang both parties up plus expect to go to soi 9 police station or even worse prison , somewhere i never ever want to end up.

what would you do ?

Edited by dirtycash

moral of the story is you do not have much of a choice here really. had a friend die in a thai prison few years ago and he was banged up for an assault and not a particularly bad assult either so its a big no no !! prison or pay or walk away .

dirtycash post # 13.

lots of good decent people in pattaya lets not go down that road thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7KD27

Might do well to review your posting name.whistling.gif

lots of good decent people in pattaya lets not go down that road thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7KD27

That's true there was a convention for them all a few weeks back in a phone kiosk on second road in Pattaya, However the venue it seems could not be filled to capacity though.facepalm.gif

Pattaya says it all...

The thread is 45 minutes old and you've chosen to go Pattaya bashing already ? 9 months living here, ~18 years visiting as a tourist before that and no-one - Thai or Farang - has ever laid a hand on me in anger. My only reaction if a ladyboy reaches for the front of my trousers is to put my hand on my wallet, but that's it : no dramas despite many late nights in bars all over Pattaya. That could all change in a heartbeat, but that would have been the case back in Oz - I consider crossing the road here to be the single most dangerous thing I have to contend with, but I guess that's just me.

• Like 2

Pattaya says it all...

The thread is 45 minutes old and you've chosen to go Pattaya bashing already ? 9 months living here, ~18 years visiting as a tourist before that and no-one - Thai or Farang - has ever laid a hand on me in anger. My only reaction if a ladyboy reaches for the front of my trousers is to put my hand on my wallet, but that's it : no dramas despite many late nights in bars all over Pattaya. That could all change in a heartbeat, but that would have been the case back in Oz - I consider crossing the road here to be the single most dangerous thing I have to contend with, but I guess that's just me.

World wide ,you know i like your post's,but do you really think Pattaya is the real Thailand?

moral of the story is you do not have much of a choice here really. had a friend die in a thai prison few years ago and he was banged up for an assault and not a particularly bad assult either so its a big no no !! prison or pay or walk away .

Was it imaginary friend or a real one?giggle.gif

Assaults are 500 baht fines especially when assault not particularly bad

Was it imaginary friend or a real one?giggle.gif

Assaults are 500 baht fines especially when assault not particularly bad

if that were the case i would gladly pay 500 b for you.

Edited by dirtycash

Are you a martial artist? You can make a real fool out of someone and not hurt them if u have been doing martial arts for 3+ years. If you just throw wild punches you can really hurt him or get hurt yourslef. After dealing with the pattaya police and spending a night in the cell i advise you to leave it alone as they look for any excuse to put a farlang behind bars so they can extort money from you. The threat is usually take you to immigration where you WILL be deported and black listed which is not true. Of course all this can go away if you pay a fee. For hurting someone in a fight at pattaya soi 9 police station id say minimum 40k. Good luck.

Reading these kind of post every week, I wonder why people likes to live in those environments when there are so many and a lot safer and beautiful places in Thailand. My only experience passing by Center Pattaya was one hour lunch and a beach walk, and I found it is a disgusting place in every way possible....even for people addicted with bars and easy sex....plus...a lot more expensive.

For a weekend different "experience" may be OK for some, but...living there?..No way!

• Like 2

You did the right thing. Happened to me once in Pattaya but the guy was a so called mate. He has anger management problems and was always loosing control over the simplest things when out and about. (A mad dog will even turn on its owner if given enough time. Best to remove them from society if possible. )

Thankfully I was not drunk and was able to keep a cool head and just let the situation play out and walk away. Who wants to trade a few punches with an idiot for no reason and then suffer for a few days. I cut the fool off my friend list as I am sure others have done in the past. One guy called me a pussy after hearing about the incident but he's an a55hole too so who cares. Pride is sometimes over rated .....