Five-day holiday in May awaits Prayut's approval

webfact

Maybe another idea might be to mandate a 5 day educational experience.
People could choose from a list of subjects that would help them and the country such as a defensive driving course; the cultural etiquettes of other countries; what customer service means to a foreigner; basic phrases in foreign languages; Etc, Etc.

Just great! Another several days were the banks are closed which means if your receiving funds from overseas like me, I no access to my funds which means I can not spend money to enjoy the long holiday. So, now I must budget my April funds to have a nice 5 day holiday in May. Thanks Thailand.

ASEAN countries which intend to invest here will find it difficult to do business transactions from different time zones will not like this arrangment which includes their labour force that will be here.

When you can not more money transactions, they your not making business.

Yes, I know ATM'S and the Malls. But, some like me must go in person to the bank to due transactions with my passport only!

This avoids those ATM scams and being robbed at one.

Stop bloody whinging and transfer your money before the holiday if you really have too. However banks in Malls are open 7 days a week and on public holidays so its doubtful you'll need too.

If your so paranoid about using an ATM or being robbed, perhaps you shouldn't go outside at all.

I agree with gyrosman about ATM scams. I only use a passbook, having read too many times (on various forums) about unauthorised arm withdrawls and the banks shirking all responsibility. But I don't feel any sense of panic over a 5 day bank closure.

I assume they add so many holidays in an attempt to cool down the untamable growth of the economy. Not?

Anthony, you do realise that most of the Thai workers are not entitled to any holidays during the year, except the public holidays?

Absolutely incorrect.

• Like 1

A typical Thai worker will get around 10 days holiday if they are lucky. They certainly don't get a month or more as in most EU countries.

I don't see any problem with giving them a few extra days here and there.

Your thinking is very narrow. Certainly not looking at productivity and the overall economy. Most Thais are paid per days they work. The majority of working Thais do not receive holiday pay. Do you realize Thais get many more Public Holidays than Western countries?