Tottenham Thread

chonabot

tuf one 2 day,  unfortunatly I'm never optimistic when we play everton always a tuf game, and today they come to us in good form unbeaten for 6 and one loss in ten!! our c/bs and defence need to be on their A game. And by the end of today IMO, could well give us a really clear indicator where  we deserve to end up.

• Like 1

A deserved 3 points against a disapointing everton . was surprised at koemans starting formation, little width bulking out the midfeild played into our hands. i suppose the paln was hold on and open up later, but even then they didnt really have enough to hurt  us 

saying that 2 'mistakes' and they took full advantage, baring those they barely troubled hugo.

I thought Spurs were quite dominant  and the scoreline flatters Everton due to some unusually slack defending by us.  Millwall followed by Soton.  Only others winning will put pressure of Chelsea.  

Is Sissoko really a professional footballer?  i have my doubts and think he's a fraud.  Everton looked better moments after he came on!!

At 30m is he our worst ever signing?

11 hours ago, carmine said:

I thought Spurs were quite dominant  and the scoreline flatters Everton due to some unusually slack defending by us.  Millwall followed by Soton.  Only others winning will put pressure of Chelsea.  

Is Sissoko really a professional footballer?  i have my doubts and think he's a fraud.  Everton looked better moments after he came on!!

At 30m is he our worst ever signing?

No the winger who sat at home for four years munching Wotsits and pretending he had a sore knee was worse.

17 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

No the winger who sat at home for four years munching Wotsits and pretending he had a sore knee was worse.

Well Bentley cost less and scored against Arsenal so no, Sissoko really is the most useless <deleted> in our history !!

On 3/6/2017 at 0:59 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

I like the look of Winks. how much?

"One of our own" so he ain't going to want to go anywhere for a long while yet, probably difficult for you to grasp being as one of your own hasn't started one game in the Premiership this season :passifier:

Edited by alfieconn

31 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

"One of our own" so he ain't going to want to go anywhere for a long while yet, probably difficult for you to grasp being as one of your own hasn't started one game in the Premiership this season :passifier:

Where've you been, doing your accounts? :smile:

7 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Winks is a fantastic talent but what about Kane?

Just superb. I think 14 goals in his last 11 games.

On 3/2/2017 at 0:01 AM, 3 minus 2 said:

greaves, best player I've ever seen wear the totttenham shirt

and arguably the england shirt.

and that includes gazza,

greaves was a totally amazing player,  goals to games for england will NEVER be

beaten

I think you will find Nat Lofthouse beat it. 

No edit function, so an extra post to say Nat Lofthouse played 33 games and scored 30 goals for England. That includes 3 goals from 2 World Cup games in 1954. 

Greavsie's record was 44 from 57, 0 from 3 in 66 WC. I thought Greavsie was top drawer, by the way. A joy to watch.

Nat and Greavsie didn't have the opportunity to fill their boots against the likes of San Marino and the many other non-entities in international football.

Edited by champers

3 hours ago, champers said:

No edit function, so an extra post to say Nat Lofthouse played 33 games and scored 30 goals for England. That includes 3 goals from 2 World Cup games in 1954. 

Greavsie's record was 44 from 57, 0 from 3 in 66 WC. I thought Greavsie was top drawer, by the way. A joy to watch.

Nat and Greavsie didn't have the opportunity to fill their boots against the likes of San Marino and the many other non-entities in international football.

never saw lofthouse well b4 my time , but impressive stat's  i suspect if you reduce the amount of games there will be others that can 'claim pretty immpressive  ' goals to games but 44 in 57 puts greaves imo pretty much at the top of the pile

http://www.englandfootballonline.com/teamgoals/Goals_10-49.html

Edited by 3 minus 2

18 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

never saw lofthouse well b4 my time , but impressive stat's  i suspect if you reduce the amount of games there will be others that can 'claim pretty immpressive  ' goals to games but 44 in 57 puts greaves imo pretty much at the top of the pile

http://www.englandfootballonline.com/teamgoals/Goals_10-49.html

Peter crouch's England ratio ain't shoddy either. 22 in 42.

13 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Peter crouch's England ratio ain't shoddy either. 22 in 42.

I think a lot of his caps were won coming on as sub, so pretty good. He is much underrated; when I first saw him playing for QPR he couldn't head a ball to save his life. Graham Taylor coached it into him at Villa.

Nat was same age as my dad and he was his football hero. He always said Shearer reminded him of Nat; though Nat didn't spit his dummy out and retire from international football.

• Like 1

the year was 1967 and we beat millwall 1-0 in the 3 rd round and we went on and won the cup

currently 1-0 ericson , millwall out of their depth, hopefully were gonna go on and really spank them , i'm hoping 7 nil , <deleted>

millwall nasty club and as a rule of thumb red neck ignorant arse hole fans 

• Like 1

Really nice to stick it to Millwall and their neanderthal followers.  Especially pleased for Son after the abuse he had to put up with.

Very worrying injury to Kane.  Same ankle also...... 

Arsenal in the semis please and the chavs in the final.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, balo said:

Terrible news, Spurs without Kane is just not the same at the moment. 

Could well be for most od the remaining season.  

Vincent Janssen has to step up and become the striker we thought we had bought

29 minutes ago, carmine said:

Worst timing that injury to Kane for your league run in, but you look solid enough in nearly all positions and at times seem to bully teams. 

34 minutes ago, carmine said:

NOt saying it"ll happen again but apparently janssen had only  one season in top dutch lge  and it took  half ish of a  it b4 he scored and  then he apparently couldnt stop,,, but as i said not saying itll happen again  but it wont be for the lac of trying , he does put a shift in.

Spurs missed a trick yesterday. They should have kept Milwall fans back for a couple of hours and had part of the stadium demolished FOC.

I read a report last week saying new stadium costs had risen from £400M to £800M. Impact on transfers?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

NOt saying it"ll happen again but apparently janssen had only  one season in top dutch lge  and it took  half ish of a  it b4 he scored and  then he apparently couldnt stop,,, but as i said not saying itll happen again  but it wont be for the lac of trying , he does put a shift in.

Even with Kane injured i don't see Poch selecting Janssen in a starting 11.

With the current 3-4-3 formation he'd prob go with Ericksen, Dele & Son as the attacking 3.

I'm optimistic though that Kane will be out for only a few weeks a good indication was that 

he walked off the field and down the tunnel instead of needing a stretcher as was the case 

with his previous injury.

2 hours ago, sotsira said:

Even with Kane injured i don't see Poch selecting Janssen in a starting 11.

With the current 3-4-3 formation he'd prob go with Ericksen, Dele & Son as the attacking 3.

I'm optimistic though that Kane will be out for only a few weeks a good indication was that 

he walked off the field and down the tunnel instead of needing a stretcher as was the case 

with his previous injury.

Yes but the previous injury kept him out for seven weeks.

11 hours ago, carmine said:

Yes but the previous injury kept him out for seven weeks.

Yeah, that was my point carms,

In his previous injury he was stretchered off and spent several weeks recovering.

Where as against Millwall, he walked off unassisted, from the side of the goal, 

all the way round the pitch and down the tunnel.

If it was a bad ankle sprain, the physio, or Kane  wouldn't have allowed him to walk.

Hence why i'm optimistic he won't be out for long.