Tottenham Thread

chonabot

If you dominate a game with 71% possession, with 24 shots at goal and you don't win the game there's something wrong.  Then throw in yet another stupid needless mistake by Lloris and you have it.  We snatched a draw from the jaws of victory in Eindhoven, snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in Milan, should be on seven points and are on one and will deservedly go out of the competition.  We knew we had been handed a tough group and we knew we needed to keep it tight and clinical.

If you don't kill off a game when on top and don't take the oppotunities presented, we you don't close out a game that has for the most part been won, you get what's coming your way adits all our own fault.  No complaints from me, just bitter disappointment at how badly we screwed up with stupid lapses in concentration and a lack of cutting edge finishing which you simply don't get away with at this level.

Unbelievable really, we put in our best performance of the season and then Toby of all people focus up and Hugo, (almost predictably nowadays) goes and does something stupid, rash and wholly unnecessary.

Edited by carmine

5 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Not at all OK maybe just a bit sardonic and yh I googled it. Good place to start the Europa and let's be honest going into the Europa provides a lot more expectation than the CL. Realistic chance in the Europa. 

Edited by carmine

6 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Sardonic yet not at all unexpected.

Yes all to play for and another enjoyable performance accepting we are now out of the CL.

He won't have a clue what sardonic means????

Edited by carmine
  • Haha 1

There is no doubt in my mind. that the impending departure to Thursday Night  footy.  in  Places .llke Siberia   is down to the fact that

not a solitary signing was made during the Off Season. due to the massive debt to be serviced for the New Stadium etc etc.

The present squad is a Bare Bones outfit .when injuries  stacked  up .

Just my pleasant thoughts.

20 minutes ago, maximuss99 said:

There is no doubt in my mind. that the impending departure to Thursday Night  footy.  in  Places .llke Siberia   is down to the fact that

not a solitary signing was made during the Off Season. due to the massive debt to be serviced for the New Stadium etc etc.

The present squad is a Bare Bones outfit .when injuries  stacked  up .

Just my pleasant thoughts.

You've had your initial spell of polite trolling but its kind of time now to change the record, repetition has crept in and a tad monotonous at that.  Just me offering a polite steer in the right direction now that your polite trolling has become lacking and i doubt you'll even be getting many, if any more replies.

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, maximuss99 said:

Sorry. but i  beg to  differ.

Absoulately no Trolling at all.   just posting my opinion on the present status of your Totts  demise in the  C/L .

No repeating of myself

as the  new  Choke  only happened a few hours ago

BORING!!!

• Haha 1

Maximuss99, I see you are relatively new to the football forum, welcome.

Actually the point you have been making about the relationship between the increased cost of the new stadium and the likely affect that's having on signings, or should I say lack of signings, is a point that several of us have been making on this thread offer the months but the spurs fans (Alfie, Ronnie and Carmine) will have none of it; they prefer that we don't raise it and while they continue to strike the pose.

It is logical that the high cost of building a new stadium affects spending; I'm not arsed to go find facts on this (Alfie) but I would be pretty sure it affected Arsenal and others spending on the team during their new build.

heads-in-sand.gif

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Maximuss99, I see you are relatively new to the football forum, welcome.

Actually the point you have been making about the relationship between the increased cost of the new stadium and the likely affect that's having on signings, or should I say lack of signings, is a point that several of us have been making on this thread offer the months but the spurs fans (Alfie, Ronnie and Carmine) will have none of it; they prefer that we don't raise it and while they continue to strike the pose.

It is logical that the high cost of building a new stadium affects spending; I'm not arsed to go find facts on this (Alfie) but I would be pretty sure it affected Arsenal and others spending on the team during their new build.

heads-in-sand.gif

I dont think anyone minds the financials being raised.. but it just gets a bit boring .. ok when something new comes up about it.. like the extention of the 'over draught' fair enuf post away.. . But when its the theme EVERY TIME someone nicks a draw or toby slips over, or hugo <deleted> up .. its just DULL and repeat that over and over and over and over and over and over, but hey no ones repeating themselves ,coarse not

The simple truth is they come on here and talk about whatever debt might be owed as if they are the bank manager's wife.

We have no idea what the cost is...the loans to be paid back or the size of the transfer budget.

Neither do the press.

In this situation its impossible to offer a clear reply but as I've said plenty of times it will prevent us competing for the top players signature and force us to be smart to be successful.

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

I dont think anyone minds the financials being raised.. but it just gets a bit boring .. ok when something new comes up about it.. like the extention of the 'over draught' fair enuf post away.. . But when its the theme EVERY TIME someone nicks a draw or toby slips over, or hugo <deleted> up .. its just DULL and repeat that over and over and over and over and over and over, but hey no ones repeating themselves ,coarse not

Sadly that its the one-upmanship nature of TV Football forum, on any clubs thread, that just about every one of us is at fault for, some more than others. Be good if it could change but it won't. Someone comments and it's viewed by another as a troll post but such comments are likely only the same as you'd hear rival fans express. I think MOST of us know when taking the piss of another's club is going too far. Your team loses, expect to take it. Some times it's fun, sometimes irritating. Ah TV Footie Forum it's addictive.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Sadly that its the one-upmanship nature of TV Football forum, on any clubs thread, that just about every one of us is at fault for, some more than others. Be good if it could change but it won't. Someone comments and it's viewed by another as a troll post but such comments are likely only the same as you'd hear rival fans express. I think MOST of us know when taking the piss of another's club is going too far. Your team loses, expect to take it. Some times it's fun, sometimes irritating. Ah TV Footie Forum it's addictive.

In recent years Spurs have become recognised as a top 6 club or top 4 even. And rightly so. Plenty of very big name clubs have slipped away into the lower div's. Spurs are doing well just hanging in there with the big boys. When they eventually move into the new stadium and settle down that might be the time to assess their real standing and potential

Man City have not always been the nuts! They were an after-thought not so long ago. These things tend to go in cycles and right now Spurs and maybe Everton are on the fringe. Even Arsenal and Chelsea have to prove themselves again and again. and look at the success they have had!

The likelihood of a Blackburn or a Leicester cracking the Prem' is becoming less and less. Not impossible though! Good coaching and a great team spirit still can propel a club to the top; but staying there year in year out!!?? Different story. 

So i say to the Spurs supporters; enjoy the ride while it lasts. It can so easily crash out. Just ask Villa, Leeds, Blackburn and Forest etc.

9 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Blimey. How good is your memory ?

I can remember when L Orient (WHU's new neighbors) were in the top flight. And I watched all Spurs home games during the double winning season (seems a long time ago now).

After the last home game (WBA) we all went onto the pitch and demanded the players show themselves. I pulled out a bit of grass from the playing surface. I've still got it.

Edited by owl sees all

59 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I can remember when L Orient (WHU's new neighbors) were in the top flight. And I watched all Spurs home games during the double winning season (seems a long time ago now).

After the last home game (WBA) we all went onto the pitch and demanded the players show themselves. I pulled out a bit of grass from the playing surface. I've still got it.

Excellent.......but you remember Leicester winning the Premiership in 2016?

I clearly recall.on our Arsenal thread .where my Maiden post or there abouts. was greeted with a Very Frosty reception which later i called. (Thks for the  Warm Welcome Lol Lol )

I only posted the Malaise that Totts are currently in,

One word MALIAISE and the usual Suspects were frothing at their mouths venting their Anger

.And since returned fire.

1/On Topic.

2/Only facts posted

3/ With Decorum

and since the old chest nut  call .that Maaximuss 99 is Boring. and repeating himself. 

Those usual Suspects should address themselves and take footy banter in a nice manner  as it is a Forum. where difference of opinion. is always on the cards.

And 

not hand to hand combat. Many thks for reading.

A good evening to all

1 minute ago, maximuss99 said:

I clearly recall.on our Arsenal thread .where my Maiden post or there abouts. was greeted with a Very Frosty reception which later i called. (Thks for the  Warm Welcome Lol Lol )

One word MALIAISE and the usual Suspects were frothing at their mouths venting their Anger

1/On Topic.

2/Only facts posted

3/ With Decorum

and since the old chest nut  call .that Maaximuss 99 is Boring. and repeating himself. 

Those usual Suspects should address themselves and take footy banter in a nice manner  as it is a Forum. where difference of opinion. is always on the cards.

And 

A good evening to all

Who do you support?

Just now, maximuss99 said:

1/On Topic.

2/Only facts posted

3/ With Decorum

And 

A good evening to all

OK ok but these lads have been in the gutter for so long they actually are on top of the world right now and theye just need another semi final to cheer about and it's job done. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

The random use of caps and erratic style seem a little familiar..... 3 - 2's Arsenal supporting brother?! 

Very sorry for my erractic style .please make allowances as i.am using a very small cell phone .

And under the circumstances in my view i.am posting acceptable readable posts

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Whatever Maximus......do the world a favour in any case and turn your spell checker on.

I hope for the children's sake you are not here teaching English. :laugh:

Good gracious we have the spelling and english police here

and welcome  to Thursday night football.

have just watched your replay of last night

with  10  mins to go Totts were cruising to a vital win away .but the Serial Chokers prevailed once again!!!

51 minutes ago, maximuss99 said:

Good gracious we have the spelling and english police here

and welcome  to Thursday night football.

have just watched your replay of last night

with  10  mins to go Totts were cruising to a vital win away .but the Serial Chokers prevailed once again!!!

You have just reminded me of a CL final....the ultimate choke that was!

• Like 1