Tottenham Thread

chonabot

6 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Maybe this is the way it's gotta be until January.  Might get the board to back the team with a bit of cash. 50m. Worth dreaming about. 3 wins and 2 losses. That type of return will might get Thursday night footy back where it belongs.

If Chelsea keep up their form its looking like a titanic battle for fourth with a number of clubs in contention....but a long way to go yet and we will undoubtedly beat many of the teams around us.

A defeat to Liverpool or City is rather expected since you have both spent big and spent wisely....unlike some in Manchester. 

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

If Chelsea keep up their form its looking like a titanic battle for fourth with a number of clubs in contention....but a long way to go yet and we will undoubtedly beat many of the teams around us.

A defeat to Liverpool or City is rather expected since you have both spent big and spent wisely....unlike some in Manchester. 

Everton and wolves will be closing the gap too I reckon. And Watford look good too. Spurs need a massive wake up call the teams dead on its feet the lack of transfer activity will not go unnoticed by the players and as we are seeing, it only takes a couple of under performing 1st teamers for the wheels to come off. Really need lamela and moura to come real good.

Just now, Rc2702 said:

Everton and wolves will be closing the gap too I reckon. And Watford look good too. Spurs need a massive wake up call the teams dead on its feet the lack of transfer activity will not go unnoticed by the players and as we are seeing, it only takes a couple of under performing 1st teamers for the wheels to come off. Really need lamela and moura to come real good.

Yes Lamela looked keen when he came on....another small positive for us.

Sometimes teams need a leader to emerge and I don't see that for us right now....mind you at Liverpool yours is standing on the touchline lol.

Havent looked at your full squad but the fact that Davies and Dier aren't counted as 'Home Grown' may have affected your transfer business over the summer ......as they take up two slots, you maybe had too many already from abroad and therefore could only try and get Brits ie: Grealish?

Edited by wilai

37 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Sometimes teams need a leader to emerge and I don't see that for us right now....mind you at Liverpool yours is standing on the touchline lol.

Getting Poch back in his tracksuit might inspire more than his current Burton's shop window look.

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Leaders throughout the spine of the team for us. Milner is just brilliant too. A real machine of a player.

5 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Interesting. From the 1 st  liverpool game under kloppy v us at wembley liverpool have only one starter starting   milner . Spurs have ..6  toby  vert's rose dembele erikson . kane 

Their defence is completely different....I remember Klopp watching them early days and just smiling and shaking his head.

Not now.

18 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Interesting. From the 1 st  liverpool game under kloppy v us at wembley liverpool have only one starter starting   milner . Spurs have ..6  toby  vert's rose dembele erikson . kane 

There was only 4 LFC players in the starting line up from last season...

18 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Milner definitely doesn't go under the radar of the fans of the club he plays/played for. Gives 100% every game. Chapeau!

He was let go way too early by your litter, 2-3 more seasons at the very top in him yet.

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

^Yep, City fans wanted him to stay, our management wanted him to stay, but he wasn't good to get one our midfield position so he choice to leave. For us, he was a Delph or Zinchenko.

That's really respectfull that. Milner plays 203 games in 5 seasons and gets compared to Delph with less than 70 in 3.

40 games a season is pretty solid average and is normally considered first team player. As in 1st 11.

His record since departing to greener grass has been top class and I'm pleased we nicked him and he looks like he is absolutely loving it 

6 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes he left to get more games and it was certainly the right decision for him wasn't it??

Looks like in the 3 seasons past for liverpool  compared to his last 3 seasons  at City, he played 132 times for liverpool  vs city 120 games so he barely played more games. By joining Liverpool i believe he's  won nothing. Had he stayed at City he would had use of a can of brasso. So only Milner can answer if the move was a good or a bad decision.

Just now, mrbojangles said:

We didn't let him go. He wanted to leave, which is fair enough and we never give him grief when he comes back

Fancied his chances and took a step up. Fair play to the lad. Salt of the earth chap likes fresh vegetables not GM modified stuff obviously.  A real yorkshire man you could say. I bet he don't like microwaved puds either.

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

That's really respectfull that. Milner plays 203 games in 5 seasons and gets compared to Delph with less than 70 in 3.

40 games a season is pretty solid average and is normally considered first team player. As in 1st 11.

His record since departing to greener grass has been top class and I'm pleased we nicked him and he looks like he is absolutely loving it 

Clearly the comparison with Delph was based on last season. Both Delph and Milner aren't/weren't  good enough to be first choice in any of the 11 starting positions for City but both are/were very decent  squad  players.

Looks like in the 3 seasons past for liverpool  compared to his last 3 seasons  at City, he played 132 times for liverpool  vs city 120 games so he barely played more games. By joining Liverpool i believe he's  won nothing. Had he stayed at City he would had use of a can of brasso. So only Milner can answer if the move was a good or a bad decision.

Gosh all those "legends" at man city who lost more games than they won must be turning in their graves with comments like that. But as per the recent documentary it is all good as man city fans who are 10 years old have something to be really proud of now. 

Fancied his chances and took a step up. Fair play to the lad. Salt of the earth chap likes fresh vegetables not GM modified stuff obviously.  A real yorkshire man you could say. I bet he don't like microwaved puds either.

Put your bias to one side. How has he stepped up?

Rest of your post i agree with. Be interested to see does he resume his cricket after retiring  from football.

Put your bias to one side. How has he stepped up?

Rest of your post i agree with. Be interested to see does he resume his cricket after retiring  from football.

Well he is the VC of our lads and with Hendo not playing that makes him the captain. Footballers are not solely playing for silverware they are like any ambitious employee and seek recognition and if the lad plays an average of 40 games a season and does not feel valued. I would say that his decision was a good one. To compare him to Delph is an insult. They both played for villa. It ends there.

Edited by Rc2702

Well he is the VC of our lads and with Hendo not playing that makes him the captain. Footballers are not solely playing for silverware they are like any ambitious employee and seek recognition and if the lad plays an average of 40 games a season and does not feel valued. I would say that his decision was a good one. To compare him to Delph is an insult. They both played for villa. It ends there.

He's stepped up has he? Id argue he stepped down to try to become  a first 11 regular because  he wasnt good enough at City. That was the real reason he moved on.

Has he achieved  it. Well he didn't  hold down the central midfield  position he wanted and had to play at left back for a chunk of time - exactly as at City where he wanted to be central midfield  but become a utility winger.

He's stepped up has he? Id argue he stepped down to try to become  a first 11 regular because  he wasnt good enough at City. That was the real reason he moved on.

Has he achieved  it. Well he didn't  hold down the central midfield  position he wanted and had to play at left back for a chunk of time - exactly as at City where he wanted to be central midfield  but become a utility winger.

He probably just thought what every regular joe thinks about city. Flashin the pan, Blackburn rovers on crack no real history but a decent airline 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes he left to get more games and it was certainly the right decision for him wasn't it??

Don't know if it was the right decision or not Ronnie. Only he will know that. All I know is that he was and still is really well thought of at City. Honest and a hard worker for the team. I haven't got a bad word about him, so good luck to him

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Don't know if it was the right decision or not Ronnie. Only he will know that. All I know is that he was and still is really well thought of at City. Honest and a hard worker for the team. I haven't got a bad word about him, so good luck to him

Yup a cracking player....wish we'd signed him instead of the trojan horse Sissoko!

14 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

He probably just thought what every regular joe thinks about city. Flashin the pan, Blackburn rovers on crack no real history but a decent airline 

?? A ten year Flash in the pan and our owner has promised another 10 like it. Better get used to it

• Like 1