Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Don't know if it was the right decision or not Ronnie. Only he will know that. All I know is that he was and still is really well thought of at City. Honest and a hard worker for the team. I haven't got a bad word about him, so good luck to him

Well the deal was sweet but it was the assurance of playing time that sealed it. Weird how city could not give such assurances when in his last season he was a key player playing 45 games. Maybe it was due to the known change in management that prompted the lack of assurance.

39 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Fancied his chances and took a step up. Fair play to the lad. Salt of the earth chap likes fresh vegetables not GM modified stuff obviously.  A real yorkshire man you could say. I bet he don't like microwaved puds either.

My goodness. You say something nice about your player and you still go off on one.

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Well the deal was sweet but it was the assurance of playing time that sealed it. Weird how city could not give such assurances when in his last season he was a key player playing 45 games. Maybe it was due to the known change in management that prompted the lack of assurance.

Don't really give a hoot. We had him, he left. End of. The club is much bigger than a single player and the train is still running

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Don't really give a hoot. We had him, he left. End of. The club is much bigger than a single player and the train is still running

You think? Listen, Pep is the pinnacle of city and there is no plan after him and it's common knowledge he is in it for the money as that is what has kept him there. Girona being the key I think? Family ties etc? 

All of that team has been brought and I'm talking about boardroom team. You could say the new soul of city but it has no semblance of locals or time served supporters and we all know that's a big pull for bareback those values and yet you have none. But a great PR stunt with deirdre and Betty yesterday.  

6 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

You think? Listen, Pep is the pinnacle of city and there is no plan after him and it's common knowledge he is in it for the money as that is what has kept him there. Girona being the key I think? Family ties etc? 

All of that team has been brought and I'm talking about boardroom team. You could say the new soul of city but it has no semblance of locals or time served supporters and we all know that's a big pull for bareback those values and yet you have none. But a great PR stunt with deirdre and Betty yesterday.  

You do remember we won the PL twice before Pep came don't you

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

But....with all of that money....1.3bn quid and you STILL haven't won the CL.

Astonishing. 

The Russians 10 year plan yielded two European trophies. Cities has yielded zilch on that front. Wonder what the spend is for both teams upto that 10 year Mark.  

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

And you do know what pinnacle means don't you.

Yeah. But I'm not sure you do. After 30 odd years of nothing, I thought the first title was the most important. That one and the way we did it meant more to City fans than the 2 that has followed. Of course, I think we are playing lovely football now under Pep but can you call it our pinnacle? Nah, football clubs where players and staff change all the time can't be compared to an individuals career who has reached his/her pinnacle

7 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Listen pal I do not need to know more than you. The numbers simply do not add up anywhere when comparing the two players.

Delph. Has he ever played 30 games in a season across all competitions for your outfit? No. Never. Total apps 69 since 2015

Milner - averaged 40 games a season across all comps every single season.

Strong comparison that. I see it clearly we all do. Top work. 

I wasn't making a comparison of the number of games Delph and Milner played for City was i, doh! It was a comparison of their worth and use to the team. Got it yet pal? 

8 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

He probably just thought what every regular joe thinks about city. Flashin the pan, Blackburn rovers on crack no real history but a decent airline 

That's your response above to my comments "He's stepped up has he? Id argue he stepped down to try to become  a first 11 regular because  he wasnt good enough at City. That was the real reason he moved on."

In the 5 seasons Milner was at City, we were 3rd, Champs, 2nd, Champs and 2nd, won the FA cup and LC, while Liverpool were 6/8/7/2/6 and won nowt. So he wasn't stepping up football-wise was he. Since he left City have finished 4/3/Champs and won a cup, while Liverpool have finished 8/4/4 and won nowt. So come on, I know Liverpool is your team, but for a footballer he stepped down from one of the top 2 teams during this period to join a top 4 or 6 club with a better past history. Liverpool of now is not the Liverpool when Milner joined oh blinkered-one.

7 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

But....with all of that money....1.3bn quid and you STILL haven't won the CL.

Astonishing. 

We may never win it.

Interesting that in the 10 years since the Sheikh bought us, the CL has been won by Real x 4, Barca x 3, Inter x 1, Bayern x 1 and Chelsea x 1. With the exception of Inter, until 2015 all those teams were wealthier than City, and Real, Barca and Bayern still are. The wealthiest club Real has won it the most and the 2nd wealthiest club Barca has won it the 2nd most. City are now 5th on the rankings. In 2008 we were the 23rd wealthiest so we have been playing catch-up for a lot of the decade.

Dermot Gallagher

INCIDENT: Heung-Min Son appeared to be brought to ground by Sadio Mane inside the Liverpool penalty area in injury-time with Tottenham trailing 2-1, but nothing was given by Oliver.

VERDICT: It is a penalty when you slow it down and look at it. I was watching this game and I thought he kicked his own foot. The TV picked it up and I was astonished when I saw it back, but the referee couldn't give it in real time.

Get VAR in! I want to see correct decisions / correct results in every Premier and cup game.

A large number of off-topic troll posts. baiting posts, and argumentative posts have been removed from this thread.

If you cannot behave and conduct yourselves in a proper manner, this forum will see heavier moderation.

Be warned.

From the Forum Rules:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2018 at 11:55 PM, mrbojangles said:

Keep up mate. We're self sufficient now ?

Interesting from Swiss Ramble on Twitter .......... Although #MCFC have become self-sufficient in the last few years, an additional £58m of share capital was issued in 2017/18, possibly to fund the transfer of Aymeric Laporte.

Edited by alfieconn
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Interesting  from Swiss Ramble on Twitter .......... Although #MCFC have become self-sufficient in the last few years, an additional £58m of share capital was issued in 2017/18, possibly to fund the transfer of Aymeric Laporte.

Ya don't say!!!  I'm sure theres a perfectly satisfactory answer for this!?

Edited by carmine

Pochettino surprised journalists at a media conference with an unusual analogy when asked whether he was feeling confident heading into the European campaign.

"Experience is experience but you need to apply it, plus the hunger, plus the motivation, plus being clever. If you are not clever it is not going to help you in the future," he said.

"It is like a cow that for every single day for 10 years sees the train cross at the same time and if you ask the cow what time the train is going to come, he is not going to have the right answer.

"Football is the same - motivation, circumstance, many things in football are so important. If you show the same hunger, same motivation, if you fight in the right way, there are many things that can keep you in the same way as the experience."

Anyone understand the Cow analogy?

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Pochettino surprised journalists at a media conference with an unusual analogy when asked whether he was feeling confident heading into the European campaign.

"Experience is experience but you need to apply it, plus the hunger, plus the motivation, plus being clever. If you are not clever it is not going to help you in the future," he said.

"It is like a cow that for every single day for 10 years sees the train cross at the same time and if you ask the cow what time the train is going to come, he is not going to have the right answer.

"Football is the same - motivation, circumstance, many things in football are so important. If you show the same hunger, same motivation, if you fight in the right way, there are many things that can keep you in the same way as the experience."

Anyone understand the Cow analogy?

I think you would need to ask Eric Cantona!