Tottenham Thread

chonabot

5 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Strange he’s named Trippier and Rose and asking to come off as run out of gas, Trippier maybe but Rose.??

Rose i mo, is still away from  being 'match fit' and the best way of getting that without getting re injured is biit by bit  so him 'running out of steam ' is probably down to his time out rather than over playing.    TO ME he didnt look in great shape after coming bac  put a few pounds on and  looked generally off the pace,   along way away from being ready to move to another champions lge team , frankly  ATM from what i've seen he barely deserves a place in our  squad or the england squad  let along expect someone to come in and treble his wages  ..

5 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Rose i mo, is still away from  being 'match fit' and the best way of getting that without getting re injured is biit by bit  so him 'running out of steam ' is probably down to his time out rather than over playing.    TO ME he didnt look in great shape after coming bac  put a few pounds on and  looked generally off the pace,   along way away from being ready to move to another champions lge team , frankly  ATM from what i've seen he barely deserves a place in our  squad or the england squad  let along expect someone to come in and treble his wages  ..

If he’s that out of shape after a few weeks in the season whys he still playing ?

17 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

If he’s that out of shape after a few weeks in the season whys he still playing ?

unfit = worthless aka no one ACTUALLY offered  to buy him during his supposed 'want away period' .    fit value  = a lot of money,  If he were a yoof prospect  performing as he has done  for me NO DOUB|TS he'd be out the door and at the best out on loan 

Good solid performance, following on from another good performance against Inter.  The difference being we cut out the stupid lapses in concentration.  Mind you, i'm still far from convinced by our ability to defend the set piece, something that clearly has work to be done on.  Aside of that, we seem to be getting back to our better selves!

Very pleased at how sharp Lamela looks.  Rose had his best game so far this season so all in all very satisfying from what is going to be a tricky fixture for visiting teams.

Bit of irony in injury time when Kane should have scored to finish it at 0-3 , he fluffs it, they grab the ball, break and score.  Didn't take the edge off the win but a bit irritating. 

I hear some so called journalists claiming it'll be a miracle if we make top four but despite the stadium difficulties (i don't think we'll be in this season) i think we are good enough to do so.  Don't really know what i think about the cup tie on wednesday.  I'd like us to take it seriously but Poch i doubt will and with long cup runs i'm not sure we will have the squad depth to sustain a top four challenge but we'll see.

On a footnote, enough of all the crisis cr*p its boring and you all sound like mugs, and Rick, rather than commenting on our perceived crisis i'd focus a very real one at Old Trafford.  Did you hear the crowd at the end, they are far from happy and you seem oblivious to the woes of your team.  Pedestrian upfront, schoolboy in defense. 450m spent and zero improvement with City, Liverpool and Chelsea clearly visibly on a different level.  Reality check mate.

Edited by carmine

31 minutes ago, carmine said:

I thought Rose was man of the match

I did not see the game but listened on radio and they said the same. 

Sounded like  you completely dominated the game from start to finish. Not the easiest place to go either so lots of positives there. 

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I did not see the game but listened on radio and they said the same. 

Sounded like  you completely dominated the game from start to finish. Not the easiest place to go either so lots of positives there. 

in truth we did dominate but we are not yet at the level of last season.  Certain players do seem fatigued but we've been lucky with fresh faces like Lamela and Moura stepping up.  Son who is recently back from the Asian games clearly needs a rest too.  But generally speaking we are clearly moving forwards.

You're absolutely right mate, its not an easy place to play so for me its a very good three points.

That £1.2billion stadium cost is back boys, remember it, the one i reported which you guys, especially   Alfie, said didn't exist.

Sources within the construction industry claim Spurs face a bill in the region of £1.2bn to complete their new stadium because of delays and the fact chairman Daniel Levy did not negotiate a fixed-price deal with contractor Mace.

Spurs are yet to put a completion date on the new stadium, but it is unlikely to be ready until the New Year and there have even been claims the team might not move into it until next season.

Multiplex had told Tottenham and Levy that it would be impossible to fully complete the new stadium before December 2018...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/09/21/tottenham-insist-suggestions-12bn-final-stadium-bill-inaccurate/

Edited by Bredbury Blue

1 hour ago, carmine said:

in truth we did dominate but we are not yet at the level of last season.  Certain players do seem fatigued but we've been lucky with fresh faces like Lamela and Moura stepping up.  Son who is recently back from the Asian games clearly needs a rest too.  But generally speaking we are clearly moving forwards.

You're absolutely right mate, its not an easy place to play so for me its a very good three points.

Brighton are very quick on the break and caused us quite a few problems there.

3by2 commented on Rose looking bigger and I do think he has been in the gym and improving his upper body strength....certainly not on the pies as his running showed last night.

Moura is a handful....Lamela is pushing for a regular place too....Delle Alli is going to have to sharpen his sword to keep his place I think.

Kane's tracking back and involvement was much better as well.

All in a good fighting performance which is what you need in games like this, many of which we ended with draws last season.

2 hours ago, carmine said:

I thought Rose was man of the match

Yeah thought he had the best 90 mins  since his return .. and justified his mom award and then  deja vue  in injury time for the goal  caught badly  out of position and didnt have enuf pace  recover.. same old same old aka juve inter ect ect controlled the game and nullified their MINIMAL threat aka 19 behind the ball and then    we switch off and give them a  window to get bac into it and a tbh in injury time a better team  would have nicked a draw..

Thought dier had a decent game and BIG plus.. gassaniga looks more than capable. 

Oh and HUGE wow for murray.. his vegan diet looks to have given him a new lease of life..

7 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

The Brighton forward? He is out of contract end of season and no offers from Brighton of a new one 

maybe 3-2 sees him as your new Kane backup. (Help)

I can't think of any other team in the premiership who wouldn't have a striker on the bench.

We bought crap backup and have never replaced them....totally rubbish management from Mr Levy that is.

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I can't think of any other team in the premiership who wouldn't have a striker on the bench.

We bought crap backup and have never replaced them....totally rubbish management from Mr Levy that is.

What’s happened with Llorente? Is he that bad? He showed flashes ina few cup games if I recall. Is it a case of just can’t get rid?

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

What we really need is a striker with pace to complement Kane....he has everything else.

One with pace who can actually hit the back of the net please.

What we know so far.

Balague is correct and this season will be a miracle for Spurs to get in the top 4 and it's a hell of a rocky toad ahead. Elimination from the CL may be a blessing in disguise and the Europa may be the tonic that is needed for all concerned.

Fair play to Poch but I would not blame him if he jumped ship either and just took the PSG job to add some credentials to his CV.

Spurs will be lucky to have 18 points from 12 games I think.

4 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

What we know so far.

Balague is correct and this season will be a miracle for Spurs to get in the top 4 and it's a hell of a rocky toad ahead. Elimination from the CL may be a blessing in disguise and the Europa may be the tonic that is needed for all concerned.

Fair play to Poch but I would not blame him if he jumped ship either and just took the PSG job to add some credentials to his CV.

Spurs will be lucky to have 18 points from 12 games I think.

We've heard all about our crisis R2D2 but we're sitting on 12pts now in fifth spot and perfectly happy thanks.

Top four this year will be as tough as ever but we'll see just how much steam Chelski can muster over the whole season as much improved they are with their duff manager gone.

Oh and our next two games are Huddersfield and home to Cardiff so w'll likely get to 18 soon enough but thanks for the concern. :licklips:

• Like 1

We've heard all about our crisis R2D2 but we're sitting on 12pts now in fifth spot and perfectly happy thanks.

Top four this year will be as tough as ever but we'll see just how much steam Chelski can muster over the whole season as much improved they are with their duff manager gone.

Oh and our next two games are Huddersfield and home to Cardiff so w'll likely get to 18 soon enough but thanks for the concern. :licklips:

Yes and the 3 after are WH Citeh and Wolves so let's total up the scores after them shall we.

Never mind the fact your squad is walking wounded and you have CL and carabao duties too.

I didn't see any walking wounded in our squad yesterday....what I noticed was Delle Alli getting a run out and returning to full fitness giving us lots of options in attack now.

We have Wanyama ready to return to the def midfield and Dembele probably rested in the carabao along with the likes of Kane.

All good here and we'll see....Wet Spam's cup final is always a play out of their skins match but we should put them aside easily.

Citeh is a very tough match for anyone but with KDB out that is a big plus for us in my view.

Wolves are dangerous but like to attack and that plays right into our hands so I'd expect us to win that one.

32 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

3 time champion in Italy. Champion of england  and FA Cup winner. Hardly duff in most people's opinion.

I didn't see any walking wounded in our squad yesterday....what I noticed was Delle Alli getting a run out and returning to full fitness giving us lots of options in attack now.

We have Wanyama ready to return to the def midfield and Dembele probably rested in the carabao along with the likes of Kane.

All good here and we'll see....Wet Spam's cup final is always a play out of their skins match but we should put them aside easily.

Citeh is a very tough match for anyone but with KDB out that is a big plus for us in my view.

Wolves are dangerous but like to attack and that plays right into our hands so I'd expect us to win that one.

West ham have the attack to cause you more problems than ever and similar to two seasons ago when you bottled it against them I think they will inflict defeat.

Walking wounded is reference to your compadres recent comments which stack up to so many others view of spurs. The obvious frailties lie with kane needing a rest, son being shattered and Eriksen looks like he may need a break too soon. Take them out of the equation and like any top team with little depth you have major woes.

Let's get realistic about Spurs this season please chaps. 

Realistic is we have won 4 of 6 and should not have lost our lead against Watford if the proper substitution had been made.

Other than that we have lost to Liverpool who I believe will win the league this season.

I'm not seeing any issues for us at all.

Realistic is we have won 4 of 6 and should not have lost our lead against Watford if the proper substitution had been made.

Other than that we have lost to Liverpool who I believe will win the league this season.

I'm not seeing any issues for us at all.

I'm seeing a continual decrease in points for Spurs.  86 to 77 in last two seasons 4 defeats to 7 in last two seasons. 2 defeats already this season I'm banking on at least 2 more defeats before your at 12 games played and a minimum of 10 defeats this season and let's say 5 draws. So that's 40 points your  giving up this season. 23 wins is 69 points. 4th could be on with that but it's not gonna be like Spurs of the last 3 years and would be a great job by poch

I'm a big fan of Kane and his PKs. Love the players who lash them in like its nothing. Kane and Glenn Murray much the same. Jimmy Milner ranks up there as well.

They all miss one from time to time, but I prefer the no nonsense lashing to the hippity hop run ups.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I'm seeing a continual decrease in points for Spurs.  86 to 77 in last two seasons 4 defeats to 7 in last two seasons. 2 defeats already this season I'm banking on at least 2 more defeats before your at 12 games played and a minimum of 10 defeats this season and let's say 5 draws. So that's 40 points your  giving up this season. 23 wins is 69 points. 4th could be on with that but it's not gonna be like Spurs of the last 3 years and would be a great job by poch

You need to wait and see R2D2....as with any team things can go well with a rising team spirit or fall apart if there is a proven weak link who can't be adequately replaced.

Our squad is strong in most regards so we're confident our performances will improve.

What we won't be doing is challenging Citeh or liverpool given the cash you have both spent....simply impossible.

1 minute ago, jellydog said:

I'm a big fan of Kane and his PKs. Love the players who lash them in like its nothing. Kane and Glenn Murray much the same. Jimmy Milner ranks up there as well.

They all miss one from time to time, but I prefer the no nonsense lashing to the hippity hop run ups.

Pogba does look like a knob doesn't he!!