Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I know its a big ask and I know it might be difficult for you Alfie, but perhaps you could take a deep breath, re read and think a little bit about what you write, then, what could be really rewarding is perhaps 2 extend that courtesy to other people's post's. Just a thought like.

When have i said Ledley should stay playing because of past exploits? No, i haven't have i! But he'll always deserve the highest respect. What i have said is his deterioration during the second half of the season is marked and sad to see and i have strongly suggested Stephen Caulker should be recalled, and that he might just be the ideal replacement. He's highly talented.

Read my posts

I know its a big ask and I know it might be difficult for you Alfie, but perhaps you could take a deep breath, re read and think a little bit about what you write, then, what could be really rewarding is perhaps 2 extend that courtesy to other people's post's. Just a thought like.

When have i said Ledley should stay playing because of past exploits? No, i haven't have i! But he'll always deserve the highest respect. What i have said is his deterioration during the second half of the season is marked and sad to see and i have strongly suggested Stephen Caulker should be recalled, and that he might just be the ideal replacement. He's highly talented.

Read my posts

I do read your posts cartoon, irritating and benign as they are

but If you read this one you would see that it's directed at ALFIE.

but perhaps it's applicable to you cartoon.

sighhhhh

SIgh!!!!!!!!

Read my posts

I do read your posts cartoon, irritating and benign as they are

but If you read this one you would see that it's directed at ALFIE.

but perhaps it's applicable to you cartoon.

sighhhhh

SIgh!!!!!!!!

huh.pngjerk.gif Your showing more signs of pressure than wobbly chops

But you're going to need 6 league games to regain third!

Just kidding - being realistic I have us down for a loss of one point to Chelsea and three to Stoke. Ssshh - don't tell Migsy I 'll get hellpassifier.gif

But you're going to need 6 league games to regain third!

Just kidding - being realistic I have us down for a loss of one point to Chelsea and three to Stoke. Ssshh - don't tell Migsy I 'll get hellpassifier.gif

Fourth don't worry me Santi. Even the scousers could beat Celtic 5-0.

Shucks - thought I was safe hiding here!

Yes Smokie - 4th place unlikely to mean an English club goes out - the German contender would be the only worry, since that league seems to be so inconsistent such that a couple of their best clubs are likely to do badly in any one year - I guess the same could be said about England.

It does mean that you get a much narrower transfer window to get premium players, as we found out to our cost last summer. But you do at least have a bit of window left after the qualifier.

Well it is a bit more complicated than that but the net result is the same.

The bad news is that there are a lot more decent clubs in the qualifiers than you might think.

This season the top 5 ranked clubs were - Bayern, Arsenal, Benfica, Lyon and Villarreal.

The good news is that the top 5 clubs get seeded so there is no chance that they can meet each other. Arsenal has a single figure coefficient so they were certain to be seeded and even though Spurs coefficient is much lower it will almost certainly be seeded. That means the worst you face is the odd aberration like APOEL or some Russian billionaire's plaything or a club as strong as Dynamo Kiev or FC Twente.

If Newcastle, in the unlikely event, claim 4th, they could face quite a difficult qualifier though as they may end up playing against a top 5 seed as they would be unlikely to be seeded themselves.

Yes - I understood there was seeding Abrak (probably courtesy of you last year when the Gunners benefitted from it.

The surprise to me would be that Spurs would go into the same Champions League seeding group as would a Bayern or an Arsenal? cheesy.gif They're clearly inflicted by the same breathless excitement about one good CL performance in recorded history as are the Spuds.

Yes - I understood there was seeding Abrak (probably courtesy of you last year when the Gunners benefitted from it.

The surprise to me would be that Spurs would go into the same Champions League seeding group as would a Bayern or an Arsenal? cheesy.gif They're clearly inflicted by the same breathless excitement about one good CL performance in recorded history as are the Spuds.

As the seeding appears to be based on your nationality (we were seeded on our first foray into the CL) I'd be more worried based on this season's teams performances. wink.png

Does anyone know if Kaboul is back for the Chelsea game? I heard someone saying it might be Nelson and Gallas in the middle. Kinds worried with the lack of pace on a huge Wembley. Torres also seem to got his speed back, and might give us heaps of problems. Hoping for something like this:

BF

KW YK WG BAE

Sandro Parker

VdV Modric Bale

Adebayor

That should give us an advantage in the middle, against a Chelsea side that playes with 3 in the center. If Ashley Cole is out, we might start with Lennon in the right. He normally plays well on this ground, as he gets more space.

Does anyone know if Kaboul is back for the Chelsea game? I heard someone saying it might be Nelson and Gallas in the middle. Kinds worried with the lack of pace on a huge Wembley. Torres also seem to got his speed back, and might give us heaps of problems. Hoping for something like this:

BF

KW YK WG BAE

Sandro Parker

VdV Modric Bale

Adebayor

That should give us an advantage in the middle, against a Chelsea side that playes with 3 in the center. If Ashley Cole is out, we might start with Lennon in the right. He normally plays well on this ground, as he gets more space.

I'd start with Lennon. It would give us better shape than VDV. Of course saggy chops will be looking to impress the England selectors so there's no telling what he might conjure up!

BF

KW YK WG BAE

Sandro Parker

VdV Modric Bale

Adebayor

I'd start with Lennon. It would give us better shape than VDV. Of course saggy chops will be looking to impress the England selectors so there's no telling what he might conjure up!

I kinda feel VdV is needed, Harry could also drop Sandro and play Modric and Parker in the center, with Bale and Lennon on the sides, and VdV behind Adebayor, That is our strongest line up in my eyes, however it might be to weak in the middle against the 3 man midfield to Chelsea. Im happy withe either, as long as he does not fuc_k up again and goes for 442.

Kaboul is out, so it will be either Gallas, Nelson or King at the back. King looked unusual shaky on the weekend, but hope he is ready and lines up together with Gallas. Not much speed, but on their day excellent defenders with heaps of experience. Cant wait for this game to get going, and the other game will be nice warm up.

To be honest I think Sandro Parker with Modric in a free role ahead of them is best with the two wingers for this one.

The aspect of Lennon's game is he's not the best crosser of the ball so I'd prefer to see him running at their defence.

Crosses into the box are largely ineffective as a tactic against their defence....seen it time and again this season.

Route 1 for a win here imo.

Kaboul is out, so it will be either Gallas, Nelson or King at the back. King looked unusual shaky on the weekend, but hope he is ready and lines up together with Gallas. Not much speed, but on their day excellent defenders with heaps of experience. Cant wait for this game to get going, and the other game will be nice warm up.

Ledley is still the best defender out there and will be up for this one...no danger of that.

Ledley is still the best defender out there and will be up for this one...no danger of that.

Been a massive fan of LK since he broke through as a striker for Tottenham, but the last few months he has not been able to keep up the same play as earlier in the season. Maybe he is fatigued, as he has played much more games than he normally has the last few seasons. Do hope he plays thou, as Im sure he wants to show that Norwich game was a one of.

Been a massive fan of LK since he broke through as a striker for Tottenham, but the last few months he has not been able to keep up the same play as earlier in the season. Maybe he is fatigued, as he has played much more games than he normally has the last few seasons. Do hope he plays thou, as Im sure he wants to show that Norwich game was a one of.

I'm sure he must be tired but also will pick it up for the Semi Final. VDV is a cracking player but it seems daft to play him from the start. Bring him on if we need an impact player second half.

Let's hope that the 11 that start on sunday have enough in their locker to see through the whole game, cos it looks like with our,so eloquently phrased' 'large quality squad' ari is struggling to find enuf players for the bench!!! sounds like even Bentley's in the mix to play, well at least he will give us an option on the r/h/s. The way things are building up 4 this game, our form, their form our injuries ect ect, I'm not optimistic, but there we go.

Let's hope that the 11 that start on sunday have enough in their locker to see through the whole game, cos it looks like with our,so eloquently phrased' 'large quality squad' ari is struggling to find enuf players for the bench!!! sounds like even Bentley's in the mix to play, well at least he will give us an option on the r/h/s. The way things are building up 4 this game, our form, their form our injuries ect ect, I'm not optimistic, but there we go.

Don't you think Dos Santos is a better player and gives us those options rather than Bentley "the unsellable"?

Our squad has also frequently been referred to as being one of the strongest in the league so <deleted> are you droning on about? It would also be appreciated if you would keep ypur unwanted barbs at other posters strictly to other threads so that we can concentrate on Spurs matters.

Don't you think Dos Santos is a better player and gives us those options rather than Bentley "the unsellable"?

Our squad has also frequently been referred to as being one of the strongest in the league so <deleted> are you droning on about?    It would also be appreciated if you would keep ypur unwanted barbs at other posters strictly to other threads so that we can concentrate on Spurs matters.

well ,http://www1.skysport...-in-Spurs-frame

And as for our brazilaro boy dos santos, i've always been a fan, thought he did well for mexico in the last world cup, but the trouble is when he comes on he just doesn't seem to make a strong enuf impact.

Just don't encourage that bloody gooner on here rij...that's all I'm sayin'....

Oh and the game is tomorrow mate.

bugger i have missed all the fun over the last couple of weeks !biggrin.png

just don't forget the glasses, mixers and ice, there's a good chap smokes. burp.gif

don't tell me you've forgotten our little side bet ? wink.png

Just don't encourage that bloody gooner on here rij...that's all I'm sayin'....

Oh and the game is tomorrow mate.

bloody 'ell like smokes!!!!! thanks for that and there was me going cut dinner short and rush 2 catch the game!!!

Not so sure about starting v d v on the bench tho , a t m barring sandro our midfield seems a touch light weight, v d v drops of and makes up 4 the lac of muscle with an extra body, but starting vdv probably means that defoe will, probably rightly or wrongly, b on the bench, when for me he's looked the most likely of our somewhat lack luster strike force to score. so its a bit of conundrum for our ari http://www.learnersd...earch/conundrum jit's an unusual word so i thought the link might be helpful.jap.gif

oh and the other question is ari gonna put our freda in goal or stick with motor bike boy !!! personally ide go with our freda.

Edited by rijit