Tottenham Thread

chonabot

re Moyes, no offence but other than for a gigantic bag of money for himself, why would he want to go to Spurs? They're not much better than Everton, and Levy hasn't exactly made himself look like someone you want to work under.

I think its Moyes for Man U in some capacity, in due course anyway.

Re Rafa - if he went to Everton I'd think he'd do OK, even though it would be a big step up for him.

He proved at Liverpool he was profligate with the cash he was given, but he may be able to do better with our squad and operating under financial constraints which make him try to get more out of his players rather than clutching at falling, failing (and expensive) Stars.

If he went to Spurs, I'd just laugh. He'd be terrible for you.

As a non-Spurs fan, I am surprised you got rid of 'Arry, but a quick read of some of these posts has explained the background to it better. There was no doubt the dip in form from the England Manager period cost you a Champions League slot.

Edited by sharecropper

He proved at Liverpool he was profligate with the cash he was given

or, he won a european cup and an fa cup, got to another european cup final and got liverpool to 2nd in the league with the highest ever 2nd placed points total, all on a budget of 16m net per season over 5 years. i don't call that particularly profligate.

cups are those shiny things with handles by the way sharecropper, those things that moyes has not won.

Why is Vertonghen so keen to come to Spurs ? little outside bet, Frank De Boer

according to a dutch mate there's no way de boer will leave ajax yet. he's young and has just started a big project there, all his family there etc.

according to a dutch mate there's no way de boer will leave ajax yet. he's young and has just started a big project there, all his family there etc.

Just my mind working overtime Stevie, i did say outside bet 4.gif

Just my mind working overtime Stevie, i did say outside bet 4.gif

aye mate. if you want an outside bet though, i'd have some money on a certain wirral-based spaniard. i have.

re Moyes, no offence but other than for a gigantic bag of money for himself, why would he want to go to Spurs? They're not much better than Everton, and Levy hasn't exactly made himself look like someone you want to work under.

Re Rafa - if he went to Everton I'd think he'd do OK, even though it would be a big step up for him.

He proved at Liverpool he was profligate with the cash he was given, but he may be able to do better with our squad and operating under financial constraints which make him try to get more out of his players rather than clutching at falling, failing (and expensive) Stars.

As a non-Spurs fan, I am surprised you got rid of 'Arry, but a quick read of some of these posts has explained the background to it better. There was no doubt the dip in form from the England Manager period cost you a Champions League slot.

Sharecropper....always the joker.....

If Moyes stays much longer at Everton he will have to turn the lights out when he leaves.

Everton, Spurs not much difference apart from 70m quid annual revenues when I last looked.

Ah, Liverpool fans. Don't you just love 'em.

Now they're down fighting with Spurs and Everton for Europa League places instead of having high falutin' notions of grandeur, I like them a lot more than I used to.

Stevie - you've sold me on Rafa, but Kenny might also do for us. If we were looking for Liverpool rejects, that is.

Abrak - Everton, Spurs not much difference apart from 70m quid annual revenues when I last looked.

How does that compare in points won in the Premiership over the last few seasons, when compared to spend on squad?

I would also ask you to do the maths for two season for Liverpool and Everton, on the same basis, if you could be so kind.

Now they're down fighting with Spurs and Everton for Europa League places instead of having high falutin' notions of grandeur, I like them a lot more than I used to.

Stevie - you've sold me on Rafa, but Kenny might also do for us. If we were looking for Liverpool rejects, that is.

Abrak - Everton, Spurs not much difference apart from 70m quid annual revenues when I last looked.

How does that compare in points won in the Premiership over the last few seasons, when compared to spend on squad?

I would also ask you to do the maths for two season for Liverpool and Everton, on the same basis, if you could be so kind.

Well that's kind of the point isnt it? No doubt that Moyes has done very well with no money to spend and could probably do considerably better if he got hold of some.

Everton are broke and have been since they reached their debt limits at the end of 2010. Matchday attendance is falling faster than any club other than Blackburn and Villa. You have securitized your future matchday revenues (just like Rangers). You only balanced the books in 2011 by selling Bellefield and this year you will have to sell a player to reduce debt.

You really don't know a lot do you!

No no no no no not AVB !!!!!!

I see that AVB is now favorite for the job - odds on with Sky.

Would have thought he might go very well at Spurs.

Huge amount of money for him over the last 24 hours.... 4/1 to 8/11

Apparantly Martinez has not been approached.

Looking like AVB.

No no no no no not AVB !!!!!!

I see that AVB is now favorite for the job - odds on with Sky.

Would have thought he might go very well at Spurs.

Huge amount of money for him over the last 24 hours.... 4/1 to 8/11

Apparantly Martinez has not been approached.

Looking like AVB.

On the balance of things i'd say Benitez would be a better choice. He's far more experience which is going to be important in pulling the team back together and dealing with little sh1ts like Modric. I'm not at all against AVB but for me the problem with him is still the lack of gravitas. He would definately need a DofF

Either way i hope Levy makes an appointment asap

Can someone please explain to me why the new breed of managers no loger manage teams they take on "projects?"

Is it their agents idea of negotiating a long contract?

Can someone please explain to me why the new breed of managers no loger manage teams they take on "projects?"

Is it their agents idea of negotiating a long contract?

Well when you hear that Di Matteo has a contract to manage Chelsea for two seasons, you do tend to assume they are autumn and winter.

• Like 1

Well that's kind of the point isnt it? No doubt that Moyes has done very well with no money to spend and could probably do considerably better if he got hold of some.

Everton are broke and have been since they reached their debt limits at the end of 2010. Matchday attendance is falling faster than any club other than Blackburn and Villa. You have securitized your future matchday revenues (just like Rangers). You only balanced the books in 2011 by selling Bellefield and this year you will have to sell a player to reduce debt.

It's not pretty, but at least he can sleep soundly at night, knowing nobody's going to stab him in the back the next day. I do wonder how important, psychologically, that is to managers these days when otherwise the offer is much of a muchness.

Read much?

As a non-Spurs fan, I am surprised you got rid of 'Arry, but a quick read of some of these posts has explained the background to it better.

Read much?

As a non-Spurs fan, I am surprised you got rid of 'Arry, but a quick read of some of these posts has explained the background to it better.

I was referring to the "apart from a gigantic big bag of money" line.

The reason he would probably want away to Spurs is that he would atlast have a chance of winning something.

The reasons scrotum face was sacked are clear if you read Alfie's post. He brought it on himself and interestingly the only ones sticking up for him are his mates in the tabloid press, and lets face it, who cares what a genetic throwback like Martin Samuel has to say.