Tottenham Thread

chonabot

http://www.everton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=284747

That doesn't make me happy as an Everton supporter, if it's true.

Do Spurs fans think their club would be doing a Liverpool and appointing a manager inferior to the level of managerial experience they'd expect, if it was Moyes or Martinez?

I'd be sorry to see him go, but to be honest, he does need to ascend another rung on the ladder before he could take over at Man U and this may be the perfect opportunity. At least he may get more regular European experience.

Ah, Liverpool fans. Don't you just love 'em.

Now they're down fighting with Spurs and Everton for Europa League places instead of having high falutin' notions of grandeur, I like them a lot more than I used to.

Stevie - you've sold me on Rafa, but Kenny might also do for us. If we were looking for Liverpool rejects, that is.

Abrak - Everton, Spurs not much difference apart from 70m quid annual revenues when I last looked.

How does that compare in points won in the Premiership over the last few seasons, when compared to spend on squad?

I would also ask you to do the maths for two season for Liverpool and Everton, on the same basis, if you could be so kind.

shiny things, sharecropper. with handles on them.

Ah, Liverpool fans. Don't you just love 'em.

Now they're down fighting with Spurs and Everton for Europa League places instead of having high falutin' notions of grandeur, I like them a lot more than I used to.

Stevie - you've sold me on Rafa, but Kenny might also do for us. If we were looking for Liverpool rejects, that is.

Abrak - Everton, Spurs not much difference apart from 70m quid annual revenues when I last looked.

How does that compare in points won in the Premiership over the last few seasons, when compared to spend on squad?

I would also ask you to do the maths for two season for Liverpool and Everton, on the same basis, if you could be so kind.

shiny things, sharecropper. with handles on them.

...Ah, yes. Like the Mickey Mouse Cup - that you had to win on penalties against inferior opposition.

We're not a mickey mouse West London outfit!!

you're a mickey mouse north london outfit? wink.png

And there was me thinking all scoucers were mickey's and all had little holes around Stanley parkthumbsup.gif

Edited by rijit

Very good blog about Hhttp://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/blog/articles/we-had-joy-we-had-fun-he-had-a-column-in-the-sun.html

Yeah some interesting points but could you make why the fuc that EXTREMELY long complicated paragraph about the family was needed .

l

And there was me thinking all scoucers were mickey's and all had little holes around Stanley parkthumbsup.gif

you're right there actually, there is a little hole around stanley park. it's called 'goodison'.

And there's usually a BIG hole around where Stevie's mouth should be!

This might interest you. Results of a Spurs related website for a poll to fans on their choice of the new manager;

Andre Villas-Boas 40%

David Moyes 13%

Roberto Martinez 9%

Raphael Benitez 5%

It is interesting. As said in a paper, i can see no point in appointing Martinez. Our players would view him as the manager of the side they hammered 9-1. Rightly or wrongly there would be no respect. I am genuinely suprised that AVB is so overwhelming the fans favourite though. The other two also probably represent safer pairs of hands too.

This might interest you. Results of a Spurs related website for a poll to fans on their choice of the new manager;

Andre Villas-Boas 40%

David Moyes 13%

Roberto Martinez 9%

Raphael Benitez 5%

It is interesting. As said in a paper, i can see no point in appointing Martinez. Our players would view him as the manager of the side they hammered 9-1. Rightly or wrongly there would be no respect. I am genuinely suprised that AVB is so overwhelming the fans favourite though. The other two also probably represent safer pairs of hands too.

Love to know who the missing 33% of voters voted for!!

Actually I am genuinely surprised that Capello isnt in the top 3 or 4. Not that I think you should get him. It is just that I always expect there to be a group of fans enamored by an incredibly shiny CV peppered with silverware, years of experience etc..

Andre Villas-Boas 40%

David Moyes 13%

Roberto Martinez 9%

Raphael Benitez 5%

Love to know who the missing 33% of voters voted for!!

Actually I am genuinely surprised that Capello isnt in the top 3 or 4. Not that I think you should get him. It is just that I always expect there to be a group of fans enamored by an incredibly shiny CV peppered with silverware, years of experience etc..

Well Capello was in there, as was Klinsman, Loew and there was a unstated 14%. I listed those four as they were the top choices and for me Benitez is the standout candidate. With his record and the experience he would bring to the table I'm a little gobsmacked he only got 5%. He's also considerably younger than Capello who would be deemed too old i think as a longterm appointment that is wanted.

I still think a deal has been done. No one to my knowledge is admitting to have been approached which is strange. It would also be just like Levy to have lined up someone before sacking wobbly...he's done it before.

So you would like the waiter at the lane Carms?

Well in truth none of us know who the candidates are/were. But looking at it on a purely pragmatic basis lets say i'd have no objections. I also think that he is one that could genuinely do for us better than Redknapp did. Lets face it, thats how Redknapps tabloid mates are going to judge the guy and it'll need a experienced manager to deal with them and Levy's expectations. I am a more results driven person than many Spurs fans that scream for attacking football then whine when we lose 5-3 for example. That won't happen under him. All i want to see is our team set up properly and sensibly rotated which will be the case under him. If we have to sacrifice a little flair for sounder football tactics to stay in the top four i won't complain and realistically that exactly what we'll have to do.

It will be a pleasant thing to have a manager that also comes to matches with a plan B

• Like 1

I think he is the best bet of a very in-experienced bunch(he has experience)at the moment.....but! he likes to spend money and will need money,not sure that will be available at Spurs unless of course Bale and Modric do go which is very likely now.

Also what is the plan for Caulker is he to be playing next season for Spurs?

The press is going to crucify Spurs if you replace their favorite son by Benitez. Benitez is cruelly underrated by the press and most clubs who see him as damaged goods. He would do especially well in Europe. And he is probably overrated by Liverpool supporters. That is why he cant find a job.

I think he is the best bet of a very in-experienced bunch(he has experience)at the moment.....but! he likes to spend money and will need money,not sure that will be available at Spurs unless of course Bale and Modric do go which is very likely now.

Yes Caulkers back, same as we did with Kyle Walker last summer. Apparently the Vertoghen deal is done also.

I think Modric will go. Thats why we are hoping he has a great tourna and Levy can do his stuff in the transfer. the new manager will get a decent start up lump of cash and he will inherit a very good squad. Benitez, as the candidate we are citing has the CV and personality to immediately improve the morale that is currently quite low. It is absolutely crucial that the squad views the new manager as step up and he is a step up. A european cup and two La Ligas compaired to an FA cup!!

Levy is ruthless but fair and he should find this a nice change from having to work with the lkies of H and G. Off will probably go Bond and Jordan but i would think the new guy would be working very closely with Sherwood who is very highly regarded within the club.

The press is going to crucify Spurs if you replace their favorite son by Benitez. Benitez is cruelly underrated by the press and most clubs who see him as damaged goods. He would do especially well in Europe. And he is probably overrated by Liverpool supporters. That is why he cant find a job.

I have no interest what the press have to say. Infact i would be quite happy with a manager that was hostile towards them. They are a bunch of ignorant, self absorbed tw*ts

Spurs always have money available Red don't worry about that, still in credit by 27m from last years transfer window.

Why is it likely now ? Players will only leave when we allow them to leave and that don't include Monkey boy !

Don't you believe all this <deleted> about now that Harry has gone players will want to leave !

Anyway hows the piggy bank going, got enough pennies for Modric yet, best do another whip round.

It is absolutely crucial that the squad views the new manager as step up and he is a step up. A european cup and two La Ligas compaired to an FA cup!!

Mind you Villas-Boas may be only 34 but he has won more in his career than Harry has done in his.

It is absolutely crucial that the squad views the new manager as step up and he is a step up. A european cup and two La Ligas compaired to an FA cup!!

Mind you Villas-Boas may be only 34 but he has won more in his career than Harry has done in his.

Yes he did exceptionally well but his achievements are not on the same level as the european cup and La Liga. For me theres also a big worry that he could handle the expectations off the back of his treatment and ultimate failure at Chelsea.

Spurs always have money available Red don't worry about that, still in credit by 27m from last years transfer window.

Why is it likely now ? Players will only leave when we allow them to leave and that don't include Monkey boy !

Don't you believe all this <deleted> about now that Harry has gone players will want to leave !

Anyway hows the piggy bank going, got enough pennies for Modric yet, best do another whip round.

Possibles leaving would be Modric, Bassong, Dos Santos, Saha, Gomes and Nelson. Bale going nowhere, but i thought that was obvious! Harry was a knob to ever loan out Corluks and i hope he's brought back.

Yes he did exceptionally well but his achievements are not on the same level as the european cup and La Liga. For me theres also a big worry that he could handle the expectations off the back of his treatment and ultimate failure at Chelsea.

Yes maybe so.

Porto was extraordinary though. And before that Academica, which he took over when they were bottom of the league with no wins, and took to 11th and semi-finals in the cup.

Failure at Chelsea is axiomatic to taking the job.

But either one would be good or even Moyes/Martinez in my opinion. The interest in Ralph Rangnick that a couple of papers have mentioned seems strange to me.

I understand you are not keen on monkey boy going anywhere!

But where you state he is actually going nowhere...this is just your hope and not realism Carmine.

I can see him staying if you get a good manager but he does want to play in the CL and also for a big club.

Corluka has been the poster boy for the 'everyone wants to leave' press line, hasn't he? I assumed he did that because he wants to stay away from WHL himself.

Normal stuff though whenever the manager changes. I'm not poking fun, cos I'm sure you will be a stronger team by this time next year (at the latest).

Everything about Villa boas, screams ABSOLUTE <deleted>, his results at chelsea, the way he handled the squad, even the way he acted on the touch line, players may be im mature ect ect, but as carmine said they have to accept and respect the manager, effectively he's the leader of the pact, from what i've seen Villa boas stands about abso no chance of doing that. Benitez,, Safe hands, are you absolutely off your tree's,maybe it's effected your memories but He left Liverpool's squad in a TERRIBLE state and still they are yet to recover I wouldnt want him anywhere near our check book.

As for moyes, yeah he's done well at Everton, but he puts team's of scrappers 2 gether, with if he's lucky the odd decent front man, as yet havnt seen any reason 2 blive he would adapt to the traditional attacking flair way spurs expect teams to play.

Got no reason 2 object to cappello, klinsman or martinez though.

Everything about Villa boas, screams ABSOLUTE <deleted>, his results at chelsea, the way he handled the squad, even the way he acted on the touch line, players may be im mature ect ect, but as carmine said they have to accept and respect the manager, effectively he's the leader of the pact, from what i've seen Villa boas stands about abso no chance of doing that. Benitez,, Safe hands, are you absolutely off your tree's,maybe it's effected your memories but He left Liverpool's squad in a TERRIBLE state and still they are yet to recover I wouldnt want him anywhere near our check book.

As for moyes, yeah he's done well at Everton, but he puts team's of scrappers 2 gether, with if he's lucky the odd decent front man, as yet havnt seen any reason 2 blive he would adapt to the traditional attacking flair way spurs expect teams to play.

Got no reason 2 object to cappello, klinsman or martinez though.

Well i just hope you are wrong rij because it looks almost certain now that Villas-Boas is our new manager! Also unless everyones lying Spurs haven't even approached anyone else.

I still personally think that Benitez would be more suitable but at the end of the day we have to trust in the decisions of Joe Lewis and Daniel Levy.

I suppose on a positive note Lewis became a self made billionaire on the back of making correct decions so we'll see.

Expect Spurs to also part company with Bond and Jordan.