Tottenham Thread

chonabot

A point that had also occurred to me. I've even seen West Ham shirts being worn by Thai blokes -- well two to be exact. :)

But never a Spurs shirt, and I have travelled.

Welcome to the Tottenham forum twbkk its nice to know that we have some Thai fans, perhaps you could provide a picture of yourself with a Spurs shirt on just to keep Happy Hammer happy :D

Edited by alfieconn

A point that had also occurred to me. I've even seen West Ham shirts being worn by Thai blokes -- well two to be exact. :)

Welcome to the Tottenham forum twbkk its nice to know that we have some Thai fans, perhaps you could provide a picture of yourself with a Spurs shirt on just to keep Happy Hammer happy :D

Why do you think he's khon Thai may I ask ? But even if he was, it's doubtful -- unless he's really middle-class -- that he could afford a Tottenham shirt @ sam pun gwah , including p&p. That's the point you see , they only sell a few imitation club shirts in Thailand, and they usually only the most popular teams. :D

Somebody wake me up. I just dreamt we beat Liverpool 2-1

Come on mate that's 3 times in a season and a day not such a shock is it?

I think it would have been different if Benayoun had been on from the start but that's not down to us is it. Not sure about the Keane and Defoe up front but chances were there but unfortunately falling to Keane who hasn't been on top of his game since returning from Liverpool but plenty of other positives there including a bench that has some substance for a change and will get even better when we get Dawson and Woodgate back. 3 points on Wednesday and we'll see how we go.

Now then who is the blind one who came up with that shirt design?

point taken about the shirt so Ive changed it. On the point about Thais wearing club shirts I think half those Thais wearing yellow shirts have been secretly supporting spurs. Whoops!! dunno whats happening. I changed my avatar to a yellow shirt but the post went with the old avatar

Edited by mysterytrevor

I think it would have been different if Benayoun had been on from the start but that's not down to us is it. Not sure about the Keane and Defoe up front but chances were there but unfortunately falling to Keane who hasn't been on top of his game since returning from Liverpool but plenty of other positives there including a bench that has some substance for a change and will get even better when we get Dawson and Woodgate back. 3 points on Wednesday and we'll see how we go.

point taken about the shirt so Ive changed it. On the point about Thais wearing club shirts I think half those Thais wearing yellow shirts have been secretly supporting spurs. Whoops!! dunno whats happening. I changed my avatar to a yellow shirt but the post went with the old avatar

Edited by mysterytrevor

the performance last night was the best attacking performance ive seen for ages.

maybe, against better opposition,our central defence would have been found wanting. but corluka and bassong have never played together and realistcly

are, imo, behind king, woodgate, dawson, so no biggie. Hutton was ok, needs to improve his body strength,imo gets knocked of the ball to easily.

midfield sparkled huddlestone pulled the strings, but really needs to improve his set plays. modric and lennon wide were a constant pain. with keene dropping more into the hole, defoes game has grown, he's improved his upper body strenght and can now hold, and it seems to have improved his pace over 5 -10 yards. believe me, if defenders found him a handful b4, then they will DREAD playing him now, hes almost impossible to contain.

HAPPY DAYS.

Edited by rijit

point taken about the shirt so Ive changed it. On the point about Thais wearing club shirts I think half those Thais wearing yellow shirts have been secretly supporting spurs.

If only it was something innocuous as that over the past few years. :)

point taken about the shirt so Ive changed it.

Mysterytrevor, I was referring to Spurs home and away strip not your avatar, my fault for confusion. Yellow is not exactly the colour linked with valour and the away strip just doesn't need the stripes which has us looking like bloody sailors from the Victorian age. Worst away strip since we sported that lovely shade of brown!

Thanks alfieconn. Too bad the one I have is a very old version, so let me find time to stroll around Chatuchak and see if I can get a new one first, will you? :D

You know, there are so many Thai Spurs fans who have gone hiding in the last several years and the number hasn't picked up much lately and you know why. Still, I'm sure, we are still the third biggest group in Thailand behind only Liverpuddle's and Manure's. In fact, comparing the number of Thai Spurs supporters to that of Wetspam's or Chelscum's is like comparing the population of Bangkok to that of a small uphill village. :)

If only it was something innocuous as that over the past few years. :D

No offense. Please see above. :D

I realise that there was no offence, and non taken. At least it seems that you at least have some idea as to what I was getting at :D

But ...

In fact, comparing the number of Thai Spurs supporters to that of Wetspam's or Chelscum's is like comparing the population of Bangkok to that of a small uphill village. :D

... sad that. I gained the impression of a greater maturity :D

Edit

inadventantly included too many swt's

Edited by Happy Hammer

Thanks alfieconn. Too bad the one I have is a very old version, so let me find time to stroll around Chatuchak and see if I can get a new one first, will you? :D

You know, there are so many Thai Spurs fans who have gone hiding in the last several years and the number hasn't picked up much lately and you know why. Still, I'm sure, we are still the third biggest group in Thailand behind only Liverpuddle's and Manure's. In fact, comparing the number of Thai Spurs supporters to that of Wetspam's or Chelscum's is like comparing the population of Bangkok to that of a small uphill village. :D

never mind mate , now you are top of the league, they will all come out of the woodwork, for youre

picture may i suggest the new home kit, the one with the designer yellow streaks running through it :)

I realise that there was no offence, and non taken. At least it seems that you at least have some idea as to what I was getting at :D

But ...

In fact, comparing the number of Thai Spurs supporters to that of Wetspam's or Chelscum's is like comparing the population of Bangkok to that of a small uphill village. :D

... sad that. I gained the impression of a greater maturity :D

Edit

inadventantly included too many swt's

Oops!!! misspellings, I guess....wait...or did I just copy that from a local chap in the spurscommunity forum? Sorry about that. :D

Edited by twbkk

You know, there are so many Thai Spurs fans who have gone hiding in the last several years and the number hasn't picked up much lately and you know why. Still, I'm sure, we are still the third biggest group in Thailand behind only Liverpuddle's and Manure's. In fact, comparing the number of Thai Spurs supporters to that of Wetspam's or Chelscum's is like comparing the population of Bangkok to that of a small uphill village. :D

never mind mate , now you are top of the league, they will all come out of the woodwork, for youre

picture may i suggest the new home kit, the one with the designer yellow streaks running through it :)

I prefer this third kit with Defoe's name on the back. Don't think it's available though. :D

cat00251.jpg

Here's a few Thai blokes in Spurs shirts - a whole squad in fact!

post-77518-1250998626_thumb.jpg

A visit to the Council Estate today to face the Spammers. Shouldn't be too much of a workout the way we've started. Defoe to score against his old boys to really p1ss them off would be something to behold.

0-2, Defoe and Crouch to score. 7.30pm kick-off our time, perfect!

COME ON YOU LILLIES...!!!

A visit to the Council Estate today to face the Spammers. Shouldn't be too much of a workout the way we've started. Defoe to score against his old boys to really p1ss them off would be something to behold.

0-2, Defoe and Crouch to score. 7.30pm kick-off our time, perfect!

COME ON YOU LILLIES...!!!

:)

COME ON YOU CO*CKS is certainly more appropriate but " LILLIES " is quite cute too... :D

post-77518-1250998626_thumb.jpg

Nice Photo, i'm surprised happy hammer hasn't seen these guys because he has travelled :D

What can you say? 3 out of 3 . slightly fortunate build up to defoes goal but a v good finish. Not quite up to young coles strike, what a goal that was. after that Last season we may well have buckled. But this season weve got a strength of mind that weve not had for a long while. come on you spurs!!!

Nice Photo, i'm surprised happy hammer hasn't seen these guys because he has travelled :)

You think that I should have seen every little team in Thailand ? I haven't, but thanks for the compliment , I suppose. But hardly making much of a point is it ?

Perhaps, if you had seen a little more football in the provinces and cities of Thailand, you too would have noticed that little town club sides , and others like poor school teams, often wear the shirts of various Premiership teams and adopt them as their own. It's not exactly rocket science to work out that doesn't mean that they support that team -- which is the point of relevance -- more that there is most probably a sound and very good financial reason behind that phenomenon, i.e. An unwanted job lot or something very similar.

You really ought to acquaint yourself with the subject matter in order to avoid what is becoming a regular, and predictable, source of embarrassment in attempting to win a silly point. Up to you :D

Edited by Happy Hammer

What can you say? 3 out of 3 . slightly fortunate build up to defoes goal but a v good finish. Not quite up to young coles strike, what a goal that was. after that Last season we may well have buckled. But this season weve got a strength of mind that weve not had for a long while. come on you spurs!!!

Although, admittedly, only watching the highlights of Saturday's game. It was painfully obvious to all and sundry that Carlton Cole absolutely gifted Tottenham with the goal that allowed them back into the game , and eventually win it. Further, on the evidence of what I have thus far seen, I have not doubt that Spurs will be found wanting by the likes of Arsenal, Man u, Chelsea , and even Liverpool (when the play them again).

Not the greatest performance but maybe there's some positives to be taken from playing pretty mediocre and still picking up 3 points?

Thought Modric was horrible for once and Huddlestone just drifted out of the game after an hour and Keane was once more lacking and it's surely just a matter of time before we start with Defoe and Crouch but yup thanks Mr Cole for that cracking pass which set Defoe up.

Birmingham next week which should be 3 more points them Man U also at home then Chelsea away after which we'll have a better idea on just how far we have come this season. 13 points from 6 wouldn't be such a bad start eh?

Although, admittedly, only watching the highlights of Saturday's game. It was painfully obvious to all and sundry that Carlton Cole absolutely gifted Tottenham with the goal that allowed them back into the game , and eventually win it. Further, on the evidence of what I have thus far seen, I have not doubt that Spurs will be found wanting by the likes of Arsenal, Man u, Chelsea , and even Liverpool (when the play them again).

The same as last year then :)

Nice Photo, i'm surprised happy hammer hasn't seen these guys because he has travelled :)

You think that I should have seen every little team in Thailand ? I haven't, but thanks for the compliment , I suppose. But hardly making much of a point is it ?

Perhaps, if you had seen a little more football in the provinces and cities of Thailand, you too would have noticed that little town club sides , and others like poor school teams, often wear the shirts of various Premiership teams and adopt them as their own. It's not exactly rocket science to work out that doesn't mean that they support that team -- which is the point of relevance -- more that there is most probably a sound and very good financial reason behind that phenomenon, i.e. An unwanted job lot or something very similar.

You really ought to acquaint yourself with the subject matter in order to avoid what is becoming a regular, and predictable, source of embarrassment in attempting to win a silly point. Up to you :D

But never a Spurs shirt, and I have travelled

I don't know what your point was in the first place, but your best not too make a stupid comment if you don't want anyone to respond too it.

You really ought to get off the Tottenham thread, you obnoxious little <deleted>!

Cole, great goal - sh*t back pass!

Perhaps if you'd seen a little more football in the provinces, instead of 'travelling' up your own backside, turning round and blowing bubbles, you may have grown up a bit! using terms such as little and poor, when you really haven't got a clue is so belittling to yourself!

Spurs have turned a very big corner, and we needed to!

Nice Photo, i'm surprised happy hammer hasn't seen these guys because he has travelled :D

You really ought to get off the Tottenham thread, you obnoxious little <deleted>!

Cole, great goal - sh*t back pass!

Perhaps if you'd seen a little more football in the provinces, instead of 'travelling' up your own backside, turning round and blowing bubbles ...

Spurs have turned a very big corner, and we needed to!

Listen newbie, you'll go far on this forum with your insulting and ill informed drivel. Some of us have been posting here for years, others like you appear and then equally as quickly disappear. Can't wait for the latter myself. So you'd do better to keep your advice to yourself, newbie.

... turning round and blowing bubbles, you may have grown up a bit! using terms such as little and poor, when you really haven't got a clue is so belittling to yourself!

You really don't have a clue , do you. Khon ngoh :)

Edited by Happy Hammer

I don't know what your point was in the first place, but your best not too make a stupid comment if you don't want anyone to respond too it.

Exactly, AC, you don't know what the original point was. Although if you wished other than to pick and mix you could easily have found out. So best to drop the subject perhaps ? :)