Tottenham Thread

chonabot

next game utd, fancy our chances lads? Actually I do. modric is a miss though, and the international break is hard on the players. Ari reckons they 'may' all turn up for training on friday. Still will be the same for utd as well. shame really, may well take the edge of a flowing game of footie. luv to see my man gio going at utd down the left. COme on u spurs!!

I am, in no way, trying to belittle Spurs achievements, nor am I trying to suggest that the matches were easy ones (how could I suggest that any match against Liverpool is easy). I am merely pointing out facts.

As I stated previously, I have been impressed by the start to the season and the team are looking good.

You can only beat what's put in front of you Delboy, including Liverpool.. :)

You lot are incorrigible. Why do you do it to yourselves when you should have learned by now ... oh what's the point :)

They're nuts HH, there's no other explanation as they are ALL like it... :D

I know. I used to think it a stereotype. But it's true.

In my experience of supporters of other clubs there are two things that I've found to be true. One is that any Millwall supporters that I've met have been nasty individuals, the second that Tottenham supporters actually believe that next season (any season) is going to be the one in which they are going to achieve the same amount of success similar, and relative to their1960–61 double winning year. :D The other things that I've noticed that both Arsenal and Chelsea have a large percentage of upper-middle to upper class supporters, and together with Man u have their fair share of "plastic supporters".

Blimey, then there's this:

Believe me Dave, Spurs fan base is huge & I'd say a bit bigger than Arsenal's. Even most Arsenal fans agree with that

Tell you what, without Spurs supporters psychiatry would be harder pushed to find so many typical examples of delusional psychosis. That is, those who actually believe those castles in the sky are real. :D

You can say that again - the trouble is this guy is one of my best friends. I have had years of him telling me Spurs are/about to be/should be/ a top 4 team. Each year there is another reason why they are not - curiously its usually because of a refs bad decision or something other than they just are not good enough. Then its on to next season - how they will prove they are top 4 etc... He is now telling me they have a 'huge' fan base etc... whatever that means!!! If you judge a fan base by replica shirts worn - then in Thailand I only ever see Man U, Liverpool and a few other premier team shirts being worn. Never seen a Spurs shirt. Certainly the bars are packed for Man U and Liverpool games. Nothing wrong with Spurs, I like them as a team - but I do like to bring him back into the real world sometimes.

Hi There.

Glad to see Spurs doing well this year. Hope Defoe gets a full game on Wednesday.

Whilst trying to prove my Spurs chum right or wrong- I came upon this reference in Wikepedia - its a report from Forbes. You may have seen it already, still thought it may be of some interest.

I have yet to find any statistics to prove his original belief :D

http://www.forbes.com/2009/04/08/valuable-...occer_land.html

"Believe me Dave, Spurs fan base is huge & I'd say a bit bigger than Arsenal's.

Even most Arsenal fans agree with that".

I was discussing Spurs support with my chum in the UK. He is a life long Spurs fan and season ticket holder. I was amazed with this comment above. Before I reply that he needs a holiday or therapy or I put it on the Arsenal thread to test its validity -would other Spurs fans agree with this belief.

Rijit, my original question. It started as a bit of a 'wind-up' with my Spurs chum and I thought that finding this out would be an easy task - it isnt. Over the last few weeks I have found all sorts of statistics - mostly useless. I have now become genuinely interested in these figures - this Forbes link is the nearest I have got to any real hard figures. Do you know of any figures comparing worldwide fan bases?

Edited by dsfbrit

Rijit, my original question. It started as a bit of a 'wind-up' with my Spurs chum and I thought that finding this out would be an easy task - it isnt. Over the last few weeks I have found all sorts of statistics - mostly useless. I have now become genuinely interested in these figures - this Forbes link is the nearest I have got to any real hard figures. Do you know of any figures comparing worldwide fan bases?

If you're expecting humour with this lot on here you can forget it Mate, trust me... :)

They're about as funny & humourous as a going for a swim with a Crocodile..

If you're expecting humour with this lot on here you can forget it Mate, trust me... :D

Thanks for the heads up - mind you I am used to it with my Spurs fan friend. He was the best man at my wedding for **** sake, but is like a stranger when he starts discussing his team. The trouble is 90 percent of his emails are about Tottenham and every now and then I take him lightly to task about some of the seemingly more absurd statements.

I promise not to invade this thread again and am off to find a friendly crocodile :)

As a passing thought - I really hope Spurs get into the top 4 this season - non-spurs fans who have fans who support Tottenham - will know what I mean :D

edit: and of course the 'arse' end up in the Championship!

Edited by dsfbrit

If you're expecting humour with this lot on here you can forget it Mate, trust me... :)

Sorry ive cant help you with fan base details, always assumed that man utd had the largest following. followed by arsenal or liverpool. then real madrid is big in brasil/ south america.

but mr signhy doasnt it depend on the style of humour. School boyish wind-ups have there place, in school you may be ok with them. But you may find it different with adults they tend to find them irritating rather than amusing . However the cartoon you posted about spurs was amusing. if you see follow up would love to see it.

Sorry ive cant help you with fan base details, always assumed that man utd had the largest following. followed by arsenal or liverpool. then real madrid is big in brasil/ south america.

but mr signhy doasnt it depend on the style of humour. School boyish wind-ups have there place, in school you may be ok with them. But you may find it different with adults they tend to find them irritating rather than amusing . However the cartoon you posted about spurs was amusing. if you see follow up would love to see it.

As i said........... :D

If i see that follow up i'll post it, no probs..

What can you say great game and the result? fair enough I suppose. Alfie conn was right all rednapp did was drop keane onto the left hand side.As we thought he did a job and thats all, we really missed the attacking sparkle that modric gave us away. . GIO GIO RIO!! it was made for the boy. Be brave, ari boy be brave. mind u he is a bit old for that.

Harry's team for today not mine i hasten to add : gomes

corluka bassong king assou

lennon jenas palacious kranjar

keane defoe

Might even play 1 forward (crouch) with Hudd the extra midfield player.

If anyones interested i would be probaly go for the above team but with crouch replacing keane, but i think h will want to play with a 5 in midfield or at least keane dropping back into midfield.

Edited by alfieconn

keane defoe

If anyones interested i would be probaly go for the above team but with crouch replacing keane, but i think h will want to play with a 5 in midfield or at least keane dropping back into midfield.

I agree Alfie, I reckon 'Arry will go with one up front. If it was me I'd use Crouch to give Terry a torrid time and have Keano pushing forward from advanced midfield. A kind of 4-1-3-1-1 formation.

Not a game to start with Defoe for me today. 1-1 my prediction.

COYS!

keane defoe

I agree Alfie, I reckon 'Arry will go with one up front. If it was me I'd use Crouch to give Terry a torrid time and have Keano pushing forward from advanced midfield. A kind of 4-1-3-1-1 formation.

Not a game to start with Defoe for me today. 1-1 my prediction.

COYS!

yes , that would probaly be a better option

3-0 anyone to blame, yeah king going off for the third , but overall , not really . keane penalty? nah some u get some u dont . me I actually blame ari. Last week against utd, as alfie predicted we played keane down the left and we oh so badly missed someone with pace down the left. So what doas ari do but for 70 mins plays lennon there!! what is ari fuc_king blind he's little better than average down the left, think he gave their fulbac one of his easiest afters this season if not ever. What can he do? show some bottle and BRING THE BRAZILIAN BOY IN. he will take us back to the shape that looked really good with modric out there. COME on ari brighten up, and give youth a chance!

Edited by rijit

Get in there.........maybe you will beat us at home sometime in the next 21 years! haha COME ON YOU BLUES!!! :)

Great vision and truly inspiring words, obviously Seapok is one of footballs true intellectuals.

Edited by rijit

''Corluka: Surely the slowest defender in the league. The way he links with Lennon suggests his brain may be slower than his legs''. My words from April of this year and doubt too many will disagree after yesterday.

Football's all about taking chances and if you don't you often get punished. And we did.

3-0 anyone to blame, yeah king going off for the third , but overall , not really . keane penalty? nah some u get some u dont . me I actually blame ari. Last week against utd, as alfie predicted we played keane down the left and we oh so badly missed someone with pace down the left. So what doas ari do but for 70 mins plays lennon there!! what is ari fuc_king blind he's little better than average down the left, think he gave their fulbac one of his easiest afters this season if not ever. What can he do? show some bottle and BRING THE BRAZILIAN BOY IN. he will take us back to the shape that looked really good with modric out there. COME on ari brighten up, and give youth a chance!

Generally agree. The penalty might have made it interesting but we were pretty much outclassed after the first half hour.

Where's Gio..?? By all accounts he's training well and is a natural left sided player. Why doesn't "Arry give him a chance..?? And surely Krancaer is a straight swap for Modric..?? Taking Lennon from the right just weakens the team and gives us no balance at all.

Burnley next week, get the season back on track..!!

I dont know where this train of thought that kranaer is a replacement for Modric came in I suppose it was because we signed him post modrics injury. Think that was just a coincidence. IMO we bought him cos hes quality and at not a bad price. not to replace modric. Class player that krancs is, he just doasnt have the pace to play down the left hand side. He is simply a straight forward central midfielder. end off. And At the mo hes behind jenas huddlestone and a couple of others.

Ahem!

Changing the subject somewhat.

Kyle Naughton. ....I see that he was on the subs bench for the last game.

Sheffield born and bred,played outstanding football at his time with The Blades, bought by Spurs along with Kyle Walker ( who is back on loan to Sheff U for this season , thanks ). A great loss to Sheff U.

I anticipate his appearance for Spurs first team will not result in dissapointment, the lad is good!

England under 21 team member also......so my point is.

Can we have him back .................please. :)

Edited by soihok

I dont know where this train of thought that kranaer is a replacement for Modric came in I suppose it was because we signed him post modrics injury. Think that was just a coincidence. IMO we bought him cos hes quality and at not a bad price. not to replace modric. Class player that krancs is, he just doasnt have the pace to play down the left hand side. He is simply a straight forward central midfielder. end off. And At the mo hes behind jenas huddlestone and a couple of others.

I never suggested he was a "replacement". I said "straight swap" being that both play left side. I think Krancs is an excellent signing. If he settles well at WHL then that will free up Modric to have even more of a free role from the centre. And with that in mind, I'm starting to think that Keano might not start as many games as he would like this season as Defoe seems to be first choice and personally I'd go with Crouch as his partner.

Got to pull you up on your comment about Krancs being behind JJ in the pecking order though. Are you serious?? Jenas is the most over-rated player of all time, a genuine "no-trick-pony" and the quicker we let him go the better!!!

I never suggested he was a "replacement". I said "straight swap" being that both play left side. I think Krancs is an excellent signing. If he settles well at WHL then that will free up Modric to have even more of a free role from the centre. And with that in mind, I'm starting to think that Keano might not start as many games as he would like this season as Defoe seems to be first choice and personally I'd go with Crouch as his partner.

Got to pull you up on your comment about Krancs being behind JJ in the pecking order though. Are you serious?? Jenas is the most over-rated player of all time, a genuine "no-trick-pony" and the quicker we let him go the better!!!

serious. well it seemed so on sunday, who did ari bring on? krancs or jenas?

I like jenas, may not be a typically stylish tottenham footballer, has loads of energy and on the break is very useful. However I dont ever think hes reached the heights that his early pre Tottenham career promised. he needs a season where he gets 15 or so goals, which so far hes not produced. Thought that maybe last season was his time, maybe his time running out at spurs, we will see.

Edited by rijit

Mr conn is back in England for a few weeks and has just acquired a ticket for todays game so happy days, a little 3 nil win, a few drinks to celebrate and it will be just like the old days.

hope its a good day for you !! burnley tradionally have been a bit of a bogey team for us. But see no reason why we cant win comfortably. :) famous last words!!

Scoreline tough on Burnley as they were in it until the 3rd goal but good to keep a clean sheet for fist time this season. Thought Lennon was 'vacant' for far too much of the game and same for Keane until he knocks 3 in in quick succession but would still like to see Crouch and Defoe start up front.

Scoreline tough on Burnley as they were in it until the 3rd goal but good to keep a clean sheet for fist time this season. Thought Lennon was 'vacant' for far too much of the game and same for Keane until he knocks 3 in in quick succession but would still like to see Crouch and Defoe start up front.

Gozmos bac in goal? or should ari show faith with cuddi, as he did with gozmos?

for me gozmos is the better keeper.