Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Maybe Levy should offer Defoe or Ade in exchange.

I don't think Lamberts that stupid. They'll want cash upfront for Benteke and i don't blame them.

Apparently Villa only want 5m for Bent. Not a bad buy imho

I don't think Lamberts that stupid. They'll want cash upfront for Benteke and i don't blame them.

I'd much rather have Remy over Bent. But the QPR boy is perhaps finding it hard to get a move with September criminal proceedings looming on the horizon.

I'd much rather have Remy over Bent. But the QPR boy is perhaps finding it hard to get a move with September criminal proceedings looming on the horizon.

Exactly

One for you carms

Victor Chandler have a new favourite for the next Spurs manager.

His initials are RM and it aint Martinez!!laugh.png

One for you carms

Victor Chandler have a new favourite for the next Spurs manager.

His initials are RM and it aint Martinez!!laugh.png

is that in conjunction with Joey Barton returning to captain City?

Its a mad mad world!!biggrin.png

its all a bit vague about remy.seems he was arrested on suscpicion of rape.and then , that's the trouble with looking at the gutter press , released on bail.no mention of being charged,court appearances. wouldn't he need 2 be charged before bail was Set? anyone got anything saying he's been charged, court date ect ect ect

yeah seems he was arrested on on suspicion of rape and released on bbail he wasnt charged with anything and given it's almost 2 mths since he was arrested,you think if there was enuf to charge him they would have done so by now? rumor has it , it ain't putting the geordies off.

Perhaps they know someting we dont especially after he seemingly harshly harshly snubbed them las Min .com to join qpr

its all a bit vague about remy.seems he was arrested on suscpicion of rape.and then , that's the trouble with looking at the gutter press , released on bail.no mention of being charged,court appearances. wouldn't he need 2 be charged before bail was Set? anyone got anything saying he's been charged, court date ect ect ect

He was arrested but not charged. He was released on bail until September.

CPS have to make a decision whether to prosecute or not.

Evidence will be gathered whether it be scientific evidence or witnesses.

Statements and interviews conducted.

After all that CPS will decide if they have a better than 50% chance of winning the case. If they do, then Remy will be charged in September.

thanks 4 that, then it probably wouldn't be the smartest of moves 2 stick 8 mil into him at the mo unless u were convinced he was innocent? a wild punt on the rm front, wouldn't be your ex gaffer per chance?

thanks 4 that, then it probably wouldn't be the smartest of moves 2 stick 8 mil into him at the mo unless u were convinced he was innocent? a wild punt on the rm front, wouldn't be your ex gaffer per chance?

You got it!! 8/1 co fav with Laudrup

You got it!! 8/1 co fav with Laudrup

Funnily enough, when AVB is finally poached i could really see Laudrup being offered the job and i reckon he'd be a popular choice

Would AVB stay if he won the premiership with Spurs.

or is he interim like Rafa was?

Managers come and go as they please. All you can do is pay them well, invest in playing staff for them and hope for loyalty. Thus far we can have no complaints in AVB, he been admirable in his loyalty towards the faith the club has put in him.

As far as interims and the Rafa situation goes that was a chelsea thing and who on earth knows what goes on in the mind of Abramovich

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Interim was probably the wrong word.

Does look a bit like AVB is using Spurs as a stepping stone though?

Nah. It'll be a stepping stone if he ends up at a bigger club than Spurs, but not if he doesn't. But, you could say that about nearly every manager in existence. Besides, AVB has been through the "big club" ringer before. I expect he's a lot wiser for the experience.

• Like 1

Interim was probably the wrong word.

Does look a bit like AVB is using Spurs as a stepping stone though?

no he's already had the opp with psg,, but saying that if madrid or the likes come knocking its v v difficult for anyone to turn down, in fact generally most dont

Report I read said he might be lined up for Monaco next season with Wenger going to PSG.

Blanc looks definitely interim at PSG.

SP-save for a manager like SAF, they're all "interim". Just that some are more "interim" than others.thumbsup.gif

Take your point JD. No guarantees.

Looks like the chavs have a longer term plan than one season though. Same with this stability stability stability thing at united.

Take your point JD. No guarantees.

Looks like the chavs have a longer term plan than one season though. Same with this stability stability stability thing at united.

Oh yes, that "stability, stability" thing at Utd!rolleyes.gif

Are we talking "Happy Christmas Mr Moyes" carmine?

They'll give him a season but Utd have to be winning trophies and this so called stability only existed under the never failing stewardship of Ferguson. They are no different to any other club in terms of managerial perseverance. Moyes knows that inside i believe, and chose to take the challenge. But make no mistake, theres an entire generation of Utd fan that has never known life without success and i very much doubt they will sit back patiently. They've been born into an era of unparelled success.

There is no stability without success for a big club. That means silverware in terms of where Utd measure it.

I don't think the fans will settle for a prolonged rebuild and the notion that they will just sit back and let him rebuild whilst the silverware goes elsewhere is pure fantasy.

You never know he might well prove many of us wrong and just carry on where the big man left off. Its going to be a very interesting season. All we need now is CTH to sort themselves out so we can watch it!!

Dunno why ... But back when I was a nipper Alan Gilzean was my fav player along with Pat Jennings of course

greaves for me mate, with jennings a close second pushing Cyril Knowles into third :)

Cyril Knowles = Legend.

As always carmine, spot on.

One point of detail. could Moyes have turned it down? Choosing to take the challenge is a very different kettle of fish.

You don't turn a job down like that do you. I don't blame him one iota for taking it. I also think he's a very capable manager but the facts of the matter are that the previous manager had that side punching over its weight and there are probably only a small handful of managers in the world capable of trying to fill his boots. Moyes, imho, is nowhere near one of them

Edited by carmine

Moyes job is an unenviable one though. If he is successful his doubters will say, so he should be after Ferguson left him a championship winning side. If he slips (3rd position?) the knives will come out.

As always carmine, spot on.

One point of detail. could Moyes have turned it down? Choosing to take the challenge is a very different kettle of fish.

You don't turn a job down like that do you. I don't blame him one iota for taking it. I also think he's a very capable manager but the facts of the matter are that the previous manager had that side punching over its weight and there are probably only a small handful of managers in the world capable of trying to fill his boots. Moyes, imho, is nowhere near one of them

Point taken. impressive EPL winners last season, but success in Europe eluding even Fergie.

I can't see Moyes competing with the big guns in Europe...if they make the top 4 that is.