Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Being as Levy obviously doesn't want to pay more than 15m for a forward, why didn't we take a gamble on one of these :

Heung-Min Son 8m

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang 10-15m

Wilfried Bony 12m

Van Wolfswinkel 8-10m

The ITK lot reckon 22m was offered for Benteke. But what the hell do they know. It's all speculative BS until an official press release.

I can guarantee you that 25mill was never offered, though.

This was the one time, that they needed to make the 25 offer, issue a statement and put the pressure on Villa to sell.

They didnt come upto the valuation Villa put on him, which gave Villa the time to regroup. Fair play to Lambert, he was able to talk Benteke around.

Had the 25 been offered, Benteke would not have even turned up for training.

I just read Paulinho's agent is also the agent for Barnard. I am assuming then that there is already a good relationship with Baldini. A positive. Keep the faith.

Lee Barnard?

Well at least he is a centre forward. I think he used to play for you guys a few seasons ago.

Will Southampton let him go?

Being as Levy obviously doesn't want to pay more than 15m for a forward, why didn't we take a gamble on one of these :

Heung-Min Son 8m

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang 10-15m

Wilfried Bony 12m

Van Wolfswinkel 8-10m

The Aubameyang dude has already been signed by Dortmund.

They all have recently been signed, thats the point of the post ! hence me saying "didn't" and not "don't" thumbsup.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Mr Levy does seem to dither.

Bale playing CF wasted. As everybody knows.

I don't think AVB is even thinking about Barcelona at this time, do you?

Mancini for Barcelona job? Not good enough IMHO, but who else is available?

Who is a sensible choice for Spurs CF, I don't know. But maybe it doesn't have to be rocket science if you've got Bale and Paulinho and others.

Who would fit beautifully?

From an economic point of view (Mr Levy) Soldado make little sense. He is 28, so will only have a few years and then no sell on value. That with his transfer fee being similar to Benteke, it seems unlikely.

From an economic point of view (Mr Levy) Soldado make little sense. He is 28, so will only have a few years and then no sell on value. That with his transfer fee being similar to Benteke, it seems unlikely.

I just read Paulinho's agent is also the agent for Barnard. I am assuming then that there is already a good relationship with Baldini. A positive. Keep the faith.

Lee Barnard?

Well at least he is a centre forward. I think he used to play for you guys a few seasons ago.

You daft Buggah.... You know full well I meant

Bernard Anício Caldeira Duarte, better known as Bernard, is a Brazilian footballer who plays for Atlético Mineiro as a winger. A left-sided player, Bernard is known for his pace and energy. He will sign for Spurs in the very near future.

• Like 1

Lee Barnard?

Bernard Anício Caldeira Duarte, better known as Bernard, is a Brazilian footballer who plays for Atlético Mineiro as a winger. A left-sided player, Bernard is known for his pace and energy. He will sign for Spurs in the very near future.

Ah OK.

All these wingers with nobody to pass to.giggle.gif.pagespeed.ce.AcGRO3FsZu.gif

Maybe it was a Freudian slip. Barnard is yer manthumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Run a football club the way you run a shop?

What do Man U do if RVP breaks his leg?

Take care of the pennies, pounds will look after themselves.

Levy needs a striker this coming season.

Spurs need a striker this coming season.

Whatever Mr Levy decides to do in the future.

• Like 2

Run a football club the way you run a shop?

What do Man U do if RVP breaks his leg?

Take care of the pennies, pounds will look after themselves.

Levy needs a striker this coming season.

Spurs need a striker this coming season.

Whatever Mr Levy decides to do in the future.

I have seen the videos of the lad....he is a superb finisher....a quality act....worth £25m? Well no one is really....but I believe that lad has four more years of goalscoring in him....so he is worth a contract for that term.

Sometimes you have to just look at the value of the contract and forget about resale value.

Jog on bonny lads....tongue.png

• Like 1

Lee Barnard?

Errrr..........

Looks like more bad news for Spurs

http://www.givemesport.com/361310-arsenal-win-race-for-bernard-reports

With the way the "news" business operates these days, I don't believe jack shit until I see a quote from someone involved.

This "Sources told us", "According to reports", etc. is just bullshit. They make it up in the pub at lunchtime.

Fair point Chicog.

One thing for sure though...the rate at which Mr Levy dithers.

Maybe as the window closes it will all be very diferent.

For what it's worth, and apologies on the Spurs thread, I think Wenger is a good manager.

AVB could prove to be one also in the future.

With the way the "news" business operates these days, I don't believe jack shit until I see a quote from someone involved.

This "Sources told us", "According to reports", etc. is just bullshit. They make it up in the pub at lunchtime.

Fair point Chicog.

One thing for sure though...the rate at which Mr Levy dithers.

Maybe as the window closes it will all be very diferent.

For what it's worth, and apologies on the Spurs thread, I think Wenger is a good manager.

AVB could prove to be one also in the future.

Sorry buddy but that is a RED card! ARSEene Wangner is a manager of the gooner ARSEnal. The word good can never be used in the same sentence as any of those words. OFF!

I believe the same was said when last we bought crouch!! we got couple of decent enuf seasons out of him and turned in a profit wai.gif

And was talking to a couple of African/west indian coach's yesterday and, tbh I was surprised, but they agreed with me there was not a 'cat in hells chance' that Benteke's 22. both reckoned 26 /27 min more like 28!!!.

Actually I heard similar rumours about Kolo Toure which is why we seemed so keen to shovel him out of the front door so quickly.

Wouldn't surprise me chic, could it go away to explaining his weight issues?

Personal information

Full name Christian Benteke Liolo[1]

Date of birth 3 December 1990 (age 22)

Place of birth Kinshasa, Zaire[2]

Height 1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)

Playing position Striker

Club information

Current club Aston Villa

Number 20

Youth career

19962004 JS Pierreuse

20042006 Standard Liège

20062007 Genk

Senior career*

Years Team Apps (Gls)

20072009 Genk 10 (1)

20092011 Standard Liège 18 (3)

20092010 → Kortrijk (loan) 34 (15)

20102011 → Mechelen (loan) 18 (6)

20112012 Genk 37 (19)

2012 Aston Villa 34 (19)

National team

2007 Belgium U-17 11 (6)

20072008 Belgium U-18 7 (4)

20082009 Belgium U-19 10 (10)

20092012 Belgium U-21 9 (4)

2010 Belgium 14 (6)

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18:44, 6 May 2013 (UTC).

Anybody checking birth certificate? looks like he started playing internationals at age 17.

Actually I heard similar rumours about Kolo Toure which is why we seemed so keen to shovel him out of the front door so quickly.

So your saying that Liverpool have signed a 58 year old whistling.giflaugh.png

So your saying that Liverpool have signed a 58 year old whistling.gif

well, at least they got him on a freeby alf, s-itty city gave what 14? mil for him cheesy.gif

Personal information

Playing position Striker

Club information

Current club Aston Villa

Number 20

Youth career

19962004 JS Pierreuse

20042006 Standard Liège

20062007 Genk

Senior career*

Years Team Apps (Gls)

20072009 Genk 10 (1)

20112012 Genk 37 (19)

2012 Aston Villa 34 (19)

National team

2007 Belgium U-17 11 (6)

2010 Belgium 14 (6)

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18:44, 6 May 2013 (UTC).

Anybody checking birth certificate? looks like he started playing internationals at age 17.

I'm not doubting his age but i seem to remember in my younger days of foreign kids playing youth football with no birth certificate available from there home country which could well be the case for Benteke sad.png

Footnote : He started playing youth football (not sure if that was a professional club or not ) at the tender age of 6 years old whistling.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Personal information

Playing position Striker

Club information

Current club Aston Villa

Number 20

Youth career

19962004 JS Pierreuse

20042006 Standard Liège

20062007 Genk

Senior career*

Years Team Apps (Gls)

20072009 Genk 10 (1)

20112012 Genk 37 (19)

2012 Aston Villa 34 (19)

National team

2007 Belgium U-17 11 (6)

2010 Belgium 14 (6)

We know what he says his date of birth is single!!! , the point being is in africa its very strongly rumored that regulations and records can be 'adjusted' to suit.