Tottenham Thread

chonabot

When the fee was suggested around £50m, I thought Levy should keep hold of Bale. Now £80m+ is being banded about, he should take the money and buy Rooney and another £30-40m midfielder.

£80m is just too high for one man when the rest of the squad is only worth half a shandy and a packet of prawn cocktail crisps. Relatively speaking.

Its not enough i'm afraid and if Madrid want him badly enough they will pay 100m. They really are stupid enough. That clubs all about politics, marquee signings, a real one off anomaly in football

We would be very happy to do a deal at the right price i think, but these figures just mentioned are nowhere near what we could get from Madrid and they've just banked another 34.5m from the Higuain transfer

Edited by carmine

When the fee was suggested around £50m, I thought Levy should keep hold of Bale. Now £80m+ is being banded about, he should take the money and buy Rooney and another £30-40m midfielder.

£80m is just too high for one man when the rest of the squad is only worth half a shandy and a packet of prawn cocktail crisps. Relatively speaking.

Particularly when even the most optimistic Spurs fans agree that if Bale were to stay, it wouldn't be for long. Strike while the iron is hot !

Why shoot when you can fiddle about on the edge of the box.

Levy and his grocers shop mentality will never change.

Bale is 24 and should be playing champions league.

Particularly when even the most optimistic Spurs fans agree that if Bale were to stay, it wouldn't be for long. Strike while the iron is hot !

But you still haven't explained why we should sell him cheap to Madrid? For all his "grocers mentality" why should Levy throw away 10-15m quid when that extra cash will buy most of Soldado.

But you still haven't explained why we should sell him cheap to Madrid? For all his "grocers mentality" why should Levy throw away 10-15m quid when that extra cash will buy most of Soldado.

Fair point. Will Madrid come up with the 100 in time for Spurs to consolidate and start the season properly?

Last minute stuff will do their early season results no favours.

And if they don't there is the possibility that Bale may be a bit disgruntled all season.

Don't know. I'd be tempted to take the £86m and move swiftly forward.

I don't think 80 Million is cheap do you especially for a player that has had maybe one great season and is still to win anything of any note.

He will push the button with Spurs if Madrid really go after him and the only hope you have of any more is if United get involved which i am sure Levy is waiting for to try and bump up the already inflated price tag.

Also he is vulnerable to getting injured a lot isn't he.

I don't think 80 Million is cheap do you especially for a player that has had maybe one great season and is still to win anything of any note.

He will push the button with Spurs if Madrid really go after him and the only hope you have of any more is if United get involved which i am sure Levy is waiting for to try and bump up the already inflated price tag.

I think Bales happy enough. He's off to Madrid next summer and the deal will be great for him and great for us.

He's a family man, a model professional and has behaved as such throughout the media fanfare. This is one of the reasons he'll stay. He's clearly a very different character to the likes of Modric Suarez and Tevez and for that Spurs are very lucky.

Real Madrid will probably get an even better player next summer

I think Bales happy enough. He's off to Madrid next summer and the deal will be great for him and great for us.

He's a family man, a model professional and has behaved as such throughout the media fanfare. This is one of the reasons he'll stay. He's clearly a very different character to the likes of Modric Suarez and Tevez and for that Spurs are very lucky.

Real Madrid will probably get an even better player next summer

That is the gamble though isn't it!

I think what 80 Million would do to your team now...if he stays there is no grantees up or down is there.

I said before for me it is all about his own personal ambition as to if he moves or not.

The season before last was when he came to prominence, places like Milan etc so thats at least 2 seasons !

Whats winning a trophy got anything got to do with a players value, i always thought a team win trophies not an individual facepalm.gif unless your talking about the PFA award and the Football Writers award which are for individuals rolleyes.gif

Getting injured a lot facepalm.gif last season he missed 5 league games, the season before he missed 2 leage games and the season before that 8 league games, a real lot that is cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Bale wants out. New contract not being discussed with Spurs. Levy should let the boy go to further his career now. 86 mil. He won't get more next season. What is Levy playing at?

How do you know ? if he has a great season and Spurs finish in the top 4, what will he be worth then ?

I love this forum....only on here could we be discussing Bale today when we have already broken our transfer record once this summer and about to do so once again.

Nads mate go and type in Soldado on Twitter and tell us what's happening will ya?

Next up type in Rooney and get back to us.

Don't bother typing Bale.....he is at home having some crumpet. tongue.png

I love this forum....only on here could we be discussing Bale today when we have already broken our transfer record once this summer and about to do so once again.

Nads mate go and type in Soldado on Twitter and tell us what's happening will ya?

The muppets coming on here spouting make me laugh smokes, how many times do we have to tell them, he ain't going nowhere, now what part of that don't they understand biggrin.png

• Like 2

The muppets coming on here spouting make me laugh smokes, how many times do we have to tell them, he ain't going nowhere, now what part of that don't they understand biggrin.png

But he is thinking about it Alfie,are you or Levy going to hold him hostage at the lane?

Bale wants out. New contract not being discussed with Spurs. Levy should let the boy go to further his career now. 86 mil. He won't get more next season. What is Levy playing at?

How do you know ? if he has a great season and Spurs finish in the top 4, what will he be worth then ?

If top four again mate.....tongue.png I really cannot see him going for more than 80 Million even next year.

But he is thinking about it Alfie,are you or Levy going to hold him hostage at the lane?

I know you're desperate this morning mate. It must be galling to see our top young manager building an excellent team at the Lane.....much better than the one which beat you last season.

Has Rooney left yet? biggrin.png

Ok ok.

Y es que este sábado el director técnico del Tottenham, Franco Baldini, ha comunicado al club español que acepta esa cantidad como precio para hacerse con los servicios del delantero internacional del Valencia, una cifra en la que siempre ha insistido el presidente del club Amadeo Salvo.

http://www.cartilagefreecaptain.com/2013/7/28/4563922/tottenham-hotspur-transfer-rumors-valencia-roberto-soldado-fee/in/4327967

Alfie, do you really think Bales value can go up any more? I don't if £80-100m is what Madrid are willing to pay now.

I'm not saying whether he will or won't reach Messi Ronaldo heights, but until he is performing regularly at important CL stages and finals, he has hit a ceiling value wise.

Soldado's a great signing for us. He's a goal poacher, scores most of his goals inside the box.

Last season we scored fewer goals inside the box than any other club bar QPR.

Should be another buy this window too.

Hopefully now the talk with move on to Soldado because the Bale stuff is so very dull and without any genuine substance

• Like 1

Soldado 30 million Euros

I know we have not signed anybody YET but rather Spurs than us,is he actually any good?

One touch...bang...goal....so yeah much better than we currently possess.

Plenty Youtube stuff mate...go have a peek if ya dare. I'm sure Moyes is getting indigestion from his Coco Pops watching them! laugh.png

Ok ok.

Y es que este sábado el director técnico del Tottenham, Franco Baldini, ha comunicado al club español que acepta esa cantidad como precio para hacerse con los servicios del delantero internacional del Valencia, una cifra en la que siempre ha insistido el presidente del club Amadeo Salvo.

http://www.cartilagefreecaptain.com/2013/7/28/4563922/tottenham-hotspur-transfer-rumors-valencia-roberto-soldado-fee/in/4327967

It's all blaady foreign to me. :-(

• Like 1

Soldado 30 million Euros

I know we have not signed anybody YET but rather Spurs than us,is he actually any good?

Plenty Youtube stuff mate...go have a peek if ya dare. I'm sure Moyes is getting indigestion from his Coco Pops watching them! laugh.png

If he is as good as you say I will put him in my fantasy football team.......but if he flops! Why I'll..... why I'll.........

Soldado 30 million Euros

If he is as good as you say I will put him in my fantasy football team.......but if he flops! Why I'll..... why I'll.........

In that case you should know he's an excellent penalty taker too but be advised Spurs were not awarded a single penalty the whole of last season.thumbsup.gif