Tottenham Thread

chonabot

That's because Bale's acting isn't up to scratch. Show him a few Ashley Young vids. :-)

A good un !biggrin.png Though to be honest, Young's dives weren't noticed because...well, you know.whistling.gif

Edited by jellydog

Alfie, do you really think Bales value can go up any more? I don't if £80-100m is what Madrid are willing to pay now.

I'm not saying whether he will or won't reach Messi Ronaldo heights, but until he is performing regularly at important CL stages and finals, he has hit a ceiling value wise.

Thats a spread of 20m facepalm.gifso are you asking me the question on 80m or 100m ? to be fair 100m seems like a nice round figure so take it or leave it RM laugh.png

I'm asking you at whatever price they offer for Bale, if they do this season. Was that so hard to decipher?

To make things easier for you I'll take a figure of £86m, as reported in your beloved Guardian. If that is the max they will offer this year, do you think RM will offer more next year?

I'm asking you at whatever price they offer for Bale, if they do this season. Was that so hard to decipher?

To make things easier for you I'll take a figure of £86m, as reported in your beloved Guardian. If that is the max they will offer this year, do you think RM will offer more next year?

Too many factors at play re next year. We might be in the CL....Bale will I am sure improve....so there will be no problem there.

Still two years on his contract so the issue will be whether Bale wants to try his luck in Spain. If he does then the price will be similar.

Therefore no point in selling now....we keep him for a CL push then can sell next summer for huge money and replace him knowing we have CL as an enticement.

Simple really.....the other option is we have an absolutely fantastic season and he signs a new five year deal.

Either way we can't lose.

Only a career threatening injury would scupper things.....I hope you're not wishing that on him now?

• Like 1

Alfie says Bale came to prominence 2 seasons ago. I am sure he is right. playing in Europe.

This coming season we will see new stars emerging from the German, French, Italian and Spanish leagues.

There will be more choice than ever in a years time for clubs like RM.

100mil for Bale, or 30-80 for a new rising star?

Bale is not new on the scene as Alfie says.

If I was Levy I would do it now.

carmines right bout the marca using the same line as with modric , and the story , irrelevant of the truth , the others pick it up & story gains momentum .In fairness to the guardian , true or not its now a newsstory and they woudnt be doing there job if they didn't report it.

And if 105 mils on the table ,which Im pretty sure there isn't , we should snatch it. However lets look bac aka ronny@utd modric they play the 'long' game so still Istick 2 ronny being outed b bundles at/by the endish of next season ,giving bale time 2shine b4 perezs next election

And another thing. World Cup next year and Gareth won't be there.

Nor will he be playing in the CL this season.

He is quite likely to be overtaken by other young players who come to prominence offering similar ability at a lower price.

Market value is also affected by marketability especially for marquee clubs like RM.

100 mil in a years time is still going to be top dollar or very close to it.

I am not confident spurs will get any more for him in a years time than they will now.

The worrying possibility for Spurs is RM go cool because they have other options.

And another thing. World Cup next year and Gareth won't be there.

Nor will he be playing in the CL this season.

He is quite likely to be overtaken by other young players who come to prominence offering similar ability at a lower price.

Market value is also affected by marketability especially for marquee clubs like RM.

100 mil in a years time is still going to be top dollar or very close to it.

I am not confident spurs will get any more for him in a years time than they will now.

The worrying possibility for Spurs is RM go cool because they have other options.

Clubs cool interest and Bale signs a new deal. I'm happy enough with that. biggrin.png

Won't happen....he will continue to improve and other clubs will look to bid....notably Barcelona or one of the silly season French clubs. Plenty of options.

With respect Smokie. I understand the current issues of importance to you at Spurs.

Bale is a huge asset and I'm just posing some questions.

No need to get shirty about thick chavs.

Cheers.

Not cheesed at all mate...nothing could wipe the huge grin off my face today.

Thing is Bale is happy at Spurs...we don't want to sell...we have signed some new players....quality players who will give him more space to do his stuff.

He's a great player....but so are others in our side now....Soldado and Bale will be very difficult to mark when playing together.

Its exciting times at the Lane and this next season or now rubbish is just that.

I can't wait for the season to start!!

smile.png

bale stays and If soldado is signed biggrin.png we're gonna be a REAL threat and no ones mentioned it and we all know his limitations, but TBH i cant think of many, if any strikers i'de prefer to have coming off the bench, then defoe, he's just perfect for finishing a game off HAPI DAYS

• Like 2

With respect Smokie. I understand the current issues of importance to you at Spurs.

Cheers.

Thing is Bale is happy at Spurs...we don't want to sell...we have signed some new players....quality players who will give him more space to do his stuff.

He's a great player....but so are others in our side now....Soldado and Bale will be very difficult to mark when playing together.

Its exciting times at the Lane and this next season or now rubbish is just that.

smile.png

Top 4 Smokes tongue.png ...........A?fie...facepalm.gif

RM and the other big clubs will be able to buy the stars from the World Cup.

There will be a handful of players who can realise 100mil plus.

sure they will be able to buy where ever,we all know football, and we all know that the 1% top end player, like ronny messi ect ect contrary to pop belief DONT HAPPEN overnight and arnt common and if ONE emerges from the world cup that would be a plus, no doubts bale has the potential to enter that percentile ,and there aint many that can, that scarcity value is what Madrid are going to take a punt on. and if i was a betting man ide have money on bale getting there or there abouts.

• Like 1

well I don't know much about football Mr Red but the blue cockerel definitely looks like a good omen to me.

There again I'm Buddhist.

How's the energy in HongKong?

Damp and deflated.

Still hiarious on here.....we have signed a fantastic striker and all the non Spurs fans want to talk about is a transfer which simply aint going to happen.

biggrin.png

Its OK we know other team's fans are a bit thick. clap2.gif

I might be a bit thick as I can find any report stating you have signed a striker....................the name is mjj, always ready to pi55 on your fireworks! ;-)

Still hiarious on here.....we have signed a fantastic striker and all the non Spurs fans want to talk about is a transfer which simply aint going to happen.

Posted Image

Its OK we know other team's fans are a bit thick. Posted Image

I might be a bit thick as I can find any report stating you have signed a striker....................the name is mjj, always ready to pi55 on your fireworks! ;-)

You're gonna need a proper set of udders for that my friend but as ever I wish you all the luck deserving a chav!

Cheers.

smile.png

Top 4 Smokes tongue.png ...........A?fie...facepalm.gif

Bale cannot believe that Levy is blocking what could be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, with the chairman merely maintaining that his prized asset is not for sale. Bale's worth to André Villas-Boas's team is obvious but the Wales international feels that there comes a point when it is unfair to hold somebody to the terms of his contract. His deal has three years to run....................don't shoot the messenger! biggrin.png

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/27/gareth-bale-real-madrid-tottenham-hotspur

You know if the papers had their way Bale would have been sold fifteen times this summer already.

How many times? AVB says no comment.

Guess what....its because he's sick to death of repeating himself!

Give it up mate....or take it to your transfer rumours thread and munble away to yourself with a pint of Brodie's Citra.

There we are isn't that better? :D