Tottenham Thread

chonabot

He is a very good penalty taker thumbsup.gif

Happy new year to all the Spurs lads on here ..i hope your first game at OT is a great game and we beat you with a offside goal a diving given penalty and a deflection in the 95th minute.wai2.gif

Every chance if Young is playing, Mr Ed.....every chance.

It is a shame Valencia will be back or we would of had Januzaj as well....good diving team that tongue.png

Haven't you noticed that your overposting, and getting it wrong, make you a bigger source of mirth than myself?

Realise, please. Your team is not very good. Your turnover of managers reflects that fact, Your best players run away to Madrid, and you have no chance of Champion's League football this year; nor in the forseeable future.

"We're"; to reflect your grammatical error about those who are bored vwith me.

You sound like a tot fan in the UK posting on a Thailand thread coz you'd get slaugheterd, like yer teem reg u r lee do in the leeg, if you gave the same garbage in the UK. I am in Thailand, but was a regular at games when I lived in LONDON. Where you live, sunshine?

Keep yer posts coming. They are funny, to say the least. If you want to disagree with that, look at other replies to ypur garbage.

Hello knackerbag, boring and witless as ever i seelaugh.png

Only following your lead.

PLease give us all summat innerestin to read.

Sounds like you're a tot fan from Essex. I've given my identity; Where's yours?

Tell us, and we can all have a larf. Possibly more at you then we all do your team.

I'm fed up of having to decypher this crap!!!!!!!!!!

I am with you. Carmine writes alot of indecypherarble and comical rubbish.

Could start with his stuff at the beginning of the season that spurs were contenders, that they had a good manager and decent players.

Surely he jested.

Then we watched the rest unfold which proved all he said was wrong..

The name Carmine is female., and, hopefully the mods won't get involved here, the average guy thinks females don't know a lot about football.

I rest my case.

He's had a slow start and is eager to start scoring more regularly.....I thought he looked lethargic at the beginning of the season but now he is always looking for the ball.

Two up front for me will give both strikers more opportunities.....I hope he can relax and start converting.

Couldn't agree more Smokes, the very reason AVB lost his job!

Playing as a lone striker is one of the hardest positions to play on the field

and few strikers are capable in doing so successfully.

Adding to the fact that Soldado was a new signing from abroad with no EPL

experience it was a no brainer that he needed someone up front as a partner.

Sherwood's 442 formation has already netted us 7 goals in 3 EPL matches

since he took over, while AVB was averaging less than a goal a game this season,

couldn't be happier that he's no longer in charge.

• Like 1

He is a very good penalty taker thumbsup.gif

Happy new year to all the Spurs lads on here ..i hope your first game at OT is a great game and we beat you with a offside goal a diving given penalty and a deflection in the 95th minute.wai2.gif

Every chance if Young is playing, Mr Ed.....every chance.

It is a shame Valencia will be back or we would of had Januzaj as well....good diving team that tongue.png

Synchronised diving team in football........who would have thunk it? biggrin.png

Tottenham are planning a formal complaint to the FA about Charlie Adam amid fears Paulinho may be ruled out for a month through injury. (Read in The Mail, so might or might not be true).

Too bad if P is out for a month, he's their best player by far.

He's had a slow start and is eager to start scoring more regularly.....I thought he looked lethargic at the beginning of the season but now he is always looking for the ball.

Two up front for me will give both strikers more opportunities.....I hope he can relax and start converting.

Couldn't agree more Smokes, the very reason AVB lost his job!

Playing as a lone striker is one of the hardest positions to play on the field

and few strikers are capable in doing so successfully.

Adding to the fact that Soldado was a new signing from abroad with no EPL

experience it was a no brainer that he needed someone up front as a partner.

Sherwood's 442 formation has already netted us 7 goals in 3 EPL matches

since he took over, while AVB was averaging less than a goal a game this season,

couldn't be happier that he's no longer in charge.

Playing as a lone striker might be difficult, but kicking a ball straight at the goal isn't.

It seems he has no problem with a dead ball from 12 yards though, all penalties have been superb.

I have a funny feeling Rooney and RVP we be playing tonight. Etienne Capoue is going to have a very busy afternoon protecting our second string center back pairing. Can't afford to lay too deep but are not quick enough to sit high!

Sherwood has to get his selection correct! Anyone have news on whether Rose is fit? Walkers back from suspension but we really don't want to have to play three reserves at the back.

Anyone any news on whether Lennon's fit yet? Fingers crossed because if he's fit he'll steam past Evra as per usual and will represent a big attacking threat down the right. thats definitely an area they are vulnerable to pace, especially against Lennon and Walker

The question remains over who to play on the left as our best attacking option there remains Rose on the overlap which is poor considering the investment in the summer.

Two up front and a high scoring game I am expecting.

Let's hope the referee just let's things flow....

Dawson gives me heartburn....please no more....please.....

Other than that an excellent performance....Lennon played well and Adebayor was outstanding in the first half....let's hope its not serious.

COYS! smile.png

Bloody lucky to get away with in the last 20 mins, they nearly dived their way back in it.

Should have buried them in the first half, 0-3 at half time would have been fair.

Love watching United at home this season, a fortress for away sides. Well done Spuds thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Other than that an excellent performance....Lennon played well and Adebayor was outstanding in the first half....let's hope its not serious.

COYS! smile.png

I doubt Adebayor being outstanding will ever be serious.

• Like 1

COYS! smile.png

I doubt Adebayor being outstanding will ever be serious.

If you mean consistently then yeah it certainly looks that way.....he just doesn't appear to have the desire for anything other than money.

Well if Tim Sherwood wants his 442 then he had better have it!! Deserved win again at OT with the rather ridiculous Mr Moyes focusing on what he perceives as poor penalty decisions rather than the fact his side didn't seem to know what they were supposed to be doing for large parts of the game.

Aside of wondering how long Adebayor will choose to play well for us this injury is slightly worrying.

Eriksen seems to be growing in confidence by the game and Chiriches played very well i thought.

Sherwood now has the highest win percentage of any Spurs managerbiggrin.png

• Like 1

just read in a broadsheet that Moyes reckons United deserved to win and they just couldn't "get the finishes!"

What a prat!biggrin.png

I'd be concerned with this guy at the helm if i were a United supporter. One thing i've noticed this season is the amount of midfield possession ceded by his sides. Look at the space they allowed us yesterday on the flanks, even in the knowledge with had a huge speed advantage, yet Evra persistently left exposed. So basic.

Sherwood on the other hand brims with confidence. Despite a very long injury list he put out a well organized side, wasn't afraid to bring on two 19 years old and seems very confident in his own ability.

Its only been a few games under Sherwood but he's done very well and Spurs fans should be delighted baring in mind the manner in which we've been written off.

Heres a question for Spurs fans to mull over. Just how long can we persevere with effectively only three center backs? Kaboul has now been crocked, bar a couple of games, for one and a half seasons! whilst Chiriches was excellent yesterday, and Dawson played well too, we currently have no cover other than Capoue. But then were wide open with Sandro and Paulinho injured.

Something has to give here. Surely the time has come to make a decision on Kaboul, and if its a no then we need to address the center back issue and strengthen, or possibly bring in one of our youngsters.

COYS! smile.png

Lennon was excellent, IMO he has sealed his WC place if he continues.

Adebayor played like a man possessed, outstanding

Yes, there were a few loopholes but I would definitely prefer to see the Spurs play like this, than the <deleted> that AVB had them playing.

Januzaj of Man U will be a great player.

Edited by uptheos

Heres a question for Spurs fans to mull over. Just how long can we persevere with effectively only three center backs? Kaboul has now been crocked, bar a couple of games, for one and a half seasons! whilst Chiriches was excellent yesterday, and Dawson played well too, we currently have no cover other than Capoue. But then were wide open with Sandro and Paulinho injured.

Something has to give here. Surely the time has come to make a decision on Kaboul, and if its a no then we need to address the center back issue and strengthen, or possibly bring in one of our youngsters.

I felt Dawson was caught napping for their goal....and he is too slow to react in that situation....yes he is great in the box but so vulnerable against quick attackers.

A left back is what we need most though.

I think we should be ok Carms,

Vertonghen and Kaboul have returned to light training so should be back in contention soon.

Here's a link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2532186/Jan-Vertonghen-Younes-Kaboul-return-training-giving-Sherwood-New-Year-defensive-boost.html

A few good results from you guys. What is your verdict on AVB now?

Its irrelevant because he's gone, but for the record, whilst the style was not as exciting as the recent games under Sherwood he still has the 2nd highest win ratio in our club history.

I think we should be ok Carms,

Vertonghen and Kaboul have returned to light training so should be back in contention soon.

Here's a link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2532186/Jan-Vertonghen-Younes-Kaboul-return-training-giving-Sherwood-New-Year-defensive-boost.html

Sherwood's doing a great job mate, i think we all agree but do you know why he took off Capoue and replaced him with a 19 year old with one premier league under his belt?

If Capoue wasn't injured that decision was utterly bizarre! Any thoughts?

My verdict on AVB,

Levy should never of appointed him in the first place, he might have all the qualifications

on paper but for me, he's never played the game and that is the biggest qaulification that's

required to earn the respect of a professional football player.

Adding to the fact that at 35yrs of age he's too young to manage at this level.

He's tactics are too defensive and slow moving which never worked, even last season we

were struggling to score goals and if it wasn't for Gareth Bale's goals we would have finished

mid table.

Never liked the fact that he always played 2 defensive midfielders every game irrelevant of

the opposition and playing at home.

I could go on…. but you get my drift that i couldn't be happier now that he's gone.

My verdict on AVB,

Levy should never of appointed him in the first place, he might have all the qualifications

on paper but for me, he's never played the game and that is the biggest qaulification that's

He's tactics are too defensive and slow moving which never worked, even last season we

were struggling to score goals and if it wasn't for Gareth Bale's goals we would have finished

mid table.

Never liked the fact that he always played 2 defensive midfielders every game irrelevant of

I could go on. but you get my drift that i couldn't be happier now that he's gone.

Hmmmm, my verdict hasn't really changed since his Chelsea sacking. It's as though he analyses what the best team should be and is confused when it doesn't work. He doesn't seem to understand that football isn't always logical and sometimes the illogical works better. He never could change a game at Chelsea, so when we were looking weak, we stayed weak. No doubt he is probably a great theorist on football, but practitioner, no.

Also considering he touts himself as a people person, he does seem to alienate players too much. At Chelsea many said the players were at fault in creating an unhappy team, but the same happened at Spurs. Maybe it is time for him to look in the mirror.

My take on that substitution was that we started to look tired so he wanted to

exert some energy back in the team with some fresh legs.

Bentaleb was the only central midfielder on the bench so he had no other

choice but to play him, Sherwood obviously trusts him 100% cos he's thrown the

kid in at the deep end and the response has been good, he has the making of a very good player.

Not forgetting that he also took off Soldado for Harry Kane at 75mins and that was after Adebayor

came off for Chadli 5mins before.

So he wanted to freshen things up expecting a Man U onslaught for the last 15mins.

• Like 1

My verdict on AVB,

mid table.

I could go on. but you get my drift that i couldn't be happier now that he's gone.

Hmmmm, my verdict hasn't really changed since his Chelsea sacking. It's as though he analyses what the best team should be and is confused when it doesn't work. He doesn't seem to understand that football isn't always logical and sometimes the illogical works better. He never could change a game at Chelsea, so when we were looking weak, we stayed weak. No doubt he is probably a great theorist on football, but practitioner, no.

Also considering he touts himself as a people person, he does seem to alienate players too much. At Chelsea many said the players were at fault in creating an unhappy team, but the same happened at Spurs. Maybe it is time for him to look in the mirror.

The biggest mistake AVB made at Chelsea was to drop Frank Lampard to the bench,

Two seasons on, and Lampard is still one of your best players which proves AVB's judgement

of him was wrong.

At Spurs, he alienated Adebayor and BAE,which again, has proved to be bad judgements,

and he nearly sold Dawson who ended up playing more under him than any other CB in the squad.

Still hoping BAE, returns from his loan spell at QPR cos as much as i like Danny Rose, yesterday

he had a nightmare of a game with Valencia constantly beating him.

BAE could at least give us another option.