Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Havn't seen Ups on here thanking us for lending him one of our up and coming youngters, some people have no gratitude whistling.gif

I've seen the first team regulars play, mate, I'm just imagining what the 'up and comers' must be like.biggrin.png

How do you pronounce his first name?

Shaquile Coulthirst. Surely only one way to pronounce that name!

Luke Shaw is going nowhere. Just signed a 5 year contract, and stated yesterday that he doesn't want to leave. He's only just 18, plenty of time for the big money moves. As it is he gets to play every week which wouldn't happen if he went to Chelsea or Man U. Saints reiterated yesterday that he is not available, he is under contract, the Man U's and Chelsea's of this world should respect that and back off instead of thinking that they only have to wave the cheque book and they can go in and poach good young players who the so called smaller clubs have spent years developing, thereby ruining these clubs season half way through. It's wrong, the January window should be done away with. Perhaps these so called elite clubs would do better taking a leaf out of the Saints book, and develop a decent youth academy of their own.

Couldn't agree more but sadly thats not the way it is. Chelsea have successfully waved their cheque book for ten years. Still not considered an elite club though!biggrin.png

I did say 'So called elite clubs'smile.png Sadly i am afraid you are right, i am a realist. But my personal opinion is there should be some ground rules, strictly enforced. Other clubs are perfectly entitled to inquire if a player is available, but if the answer is no, he is under contract and happy here, that should be the end of it. But it isn't is it, we all know the parasitic agents are there behind the scenes, whispering in peoples ears, making phone calls etc. Their only interest is their 10%, the interests of the player they are representing come a very poor second to that. If a club has been told a player is not for sale, any other approaches, with increased offers, tapping up etc, should be deemed against the rules, and the offending club should be sanctioned. Pointless dishing out fines to clubs like Chelsea with their dodgy Russian billions, and the two Manchester clubs, it is meaningless to them. Deduct points is the way to go, that would concentrate their unscrupulous minds and nip it in the bud.

Luke Shaw is going nowhere. Just signed a 5 year contract, and stated yesterday that he doesn't want to leave. He's only just 18, plenty of time for the big money moves. As it is he gets to play every week which wouldn't happen if he went to Chelsea or Man U. Saints reiterated yesterday that he is not available, he is under contract, the Man U's and Chelsea's of this world should respect that and back off instead of thinking that they only have to wave the cheque book and they can go in and poach good young players who the so called smaller clubs have spent years developing, thereby ruining these clubs season half way through. It's wrong, the January window should be done away with. Perhaps these so called elite clubs would do better taking a leaf out of the Saints book, and develop a decent youth academy of their own.

Couldn't agree more but sadly thats not the way it is. Chelsea have successfully waved their cheque book for ten years. Still not considered an elite club though!biggrin.png

I did say 'So called elite clubs'smile.png Sadly i am afraid you are right, i am a realist. But my personal opinion is there should be some ground rules, strictly enforced. Other clubs are perfectly entitled to inquire if a player is available, but if the answer is no, he is under contract and happy here, that should be the end of it. But it isn't is it, we all know the parasitic agents are there behind the scenes, whispering in peoples ears, making phone calls etc. Their only interest is their 10%, the interests of the player they are representing come a very poor second to that. If a club has been told a player is not for sale, any other approaches, with increased offers, tapping up etc, should be deemed against the rules, and the offending club should be sanctioned. Pointless dishing out fines to clubs like Chelsea with their dodgy Russian billions, and the two Manchester clubs, it is meaningless to them. Deduct points is the way to go, that would concentrate their unscrupulous minds and nip it in the bud.

So how long have you been working in the transfer business?

You say you are a realist, but to me you sound like a Hollywood movie. No one is being forced to do anything. The less wealthy clubs make a welcome packet and so do the players. Oh, and a little news flash for you. All players are for sale, it is just a matter of how much. :-)

Havn't seen Ups on here thanking us for lending him one of our up and coming youngters, some people have no gratitude whistling.gif

I've seen the first team regulars play, mate, I'm just imagining what the 'up and comers' must be like.biggrin.png

Shakily? :D

You say you are a realist, but to me you sound like a Hollywood movie. No one is being forced to do anything. The less wealthy clubs make a welcome packet and so do the players. Oh, and a little news flash for you. All players are for sale, it is just a matter of how much. :-)

I think the point he's trying to make is that clubs like Southampton, with their fine youth academy are a credit to the game compared with clubs like chelsea that just buy success, tap up and gazump with their russian rubles, areworthy of little or no credit, and contribute sweet fa at grass root level.

well thats reading between the lines, but i'll leave the discussion to you two although he clearly understands what he's talking aboutbiggrin.png

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Spuds given reduced ticket allocation for the Arse cup game on security grounds?...then kick off is put back for TV to allow 5 hours of drinking time before kick off??? Only the FA could justify that...just sayin!

Depends whether he's Argentinian ancestry or not.

Good move by Russell Slade, hope the lad fits the bill. You won't get our star player any cheaper though for buttering us up wink.png ......although you'll undoubtedly get back a better Shaq thumbsup.gif

Edited by uptheos

Depends whether he's Argentinian ancestry or not.

Same as Shaquile O'Neal the basketball player.facepalm.gif ...come on, time to move on now!!!!!!!biggrin.png

How long have i been working in the transfer business? Hollywood movie? You do understand what "In my personal opinion means" do you? Are you an agent? Or from Pompey? And of course not ALL players are for sale, plenty of instances giving the lie to that one. I am a realist in that i accept that professional football is an unscrupulous business, where money rules, no matter where it comes from. Doesn't make it right though.

ALL players are for sale. Name one player that wouldn't move for £1,000,000 a week and a transfer of £1bn? It's just about numbers like any other business.

In fairness to Southampton they are doing things the right way. A way I wish Chelsea could. I think (not sure) that 5 of their first teamers are from their academy. Fantastic stuff. I also think you will find that Chelsea are ploughing a fortune into their academy, but it doesn't always work out, especially when you are looking for players to win medals, not think success is just staying in the top half of the league. If it was just as easy to find the next Messi or Ronaldo through a well run academy, don't you think Chelsea, et al would have done it already?

Going back to a point you made earlier, I agree that the January transfer window should be abolished. In fact the summer window should also close before the first game also.

I think the point he's trying to make is that clubs like Southampton, with their fine youth academy are a credit to the game compared with clubs like chelsea that just buy success, tap up and gazump with their russian rubles, areworthy of little or no credit, and contribute sweet fa at grass root level.

well thats reading between the lines, but i'll leave the discussion to you two although he clearly understands what he's talking aboutbiggrin.png

As normal your hatred clouds the facts.............

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2460993/ASH-WEDNESDAY-Chelsea-Southampton-producing-young-English-players.html

ALL players are for sale. Name one player that wouldn't move for £1,000,000 a week and a transfer of £1bn? It's just about numbers like any other business.

In fairness to Southampton they are doing things the right way. A way I wish Chelsea could. I think (not sure) that 5 of their first teamers are from their academy. Fantastic stuff. I also think you will find that Chelsea are ploughing a fortune into their academy, but it doesn't always work out, especially when you are looking for players to win medals, not think success is just staying in the top half of the league. If it was just as easy to find the next Messi or Ronaldo through a well run academy, don't you think Chelsea, et al would have done it already?

Going back to a point you made earlier, I agree that the January transfer window should be abolished. In fact the summer window should also close before the first game also.

Totally agree with you regarding the transfer windows, to be honest i think there are a few managers who are calling for just that. It certainly gives an unfair advantage to the wealthiest clubs, especially the January window, it allows for the super wealthy clubs, if they are under achieving in the first half of the season, to effectively purchase the title, or European places, usually at the expense of the less wealthy clubs who are left without their best players halfway through the season, with the inevitable result.

Southampton regularly start with just four youngsters from the academy, although on one occasion they finished a game with six English teenagers on the pitch. I would imagine that is unprecedented in the Prem.

Regarding Billion pound transfer fees, and a million pound a week, why stop at there, lets make it 2 billion and 2 million a week. With respect this is in the realms of fantasy, wouldn't be out of place in a Hollywood movie!

Coaching youngsters requires a talent far removed from that of running the first team.

Man Yoo had it in the early nineties.....Southampton have it now and Man City seem to have buried whoever they had a few years ago.

Its a special talent that brings through great players......intangible....long may the Southampton club continue with their policy.....and if anyone signs Shaw it should be for top top dollar.

Spuds given reduced ticket allocation for the Arse cup game on security grounds?...then kick off is put back for TV to allow 5 hours of drinking time before kick off??? Only the FA could justify that...just sayin!

Agree, its a mental kickoff time whichever way you look at it.

Coaching youngsters requires a talent far removed from that of running the first team.

Man Yoo had it in the early nineties.....Southampton have it now and Man City seem to have buried whoever they had a few years ago.

Its a special talent that brings through great players......intangible....long may the Southampton club continue with their policy.....and if anyone signs Shaw it should be for top top dollar.

Ironically Luke Shaw was rejected by Chelsea because they thought he was too small. Southampton obviously saw something in him that Chelsea missed.

• Like 1

Lots of totts fans arrested before the game. Probably more to come now they've lost again.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

PS. Why has it gone very quiet on the, previously, noisiest thread on thaivisa.com?

Hello Knackerbag, its probably guests to the thread getting bored of the inarticulate drivel posted by b*llends like you. Why don't you post on your own teams thread for once.

Don't be so fairweather carmine you had a great result against the Moaners smile.png Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

i don't think you want fellow gooner (and all round boring tit) Knackerbag on your thread either do you!!

Arsenal played well last night. thats as much as you'll get from me.biggrin.png

Incidentally, i didn't think we'd been allocated enough tickets to get so many arrested......stupid stupid kick off time.

what was that kickoff time about? north london derby and fans can go on the piss all afternoon before the match?

Fine example of Sky telling the FA what they to do.

It also encouraged Arsenal to reduce our ticket allowance from something like around 10000 to 3000. Realistically i don't blame Arsenal but it would have bee nice to have a little more support. The chants of "Sherwood is a goober" were deafening at times!!

Classic example last night of when a 4-4-2 doesn't work, although i'm not a fan at the best of times as is known on here. Also very naive from Sherwood.

He should have gone 4-2-3-1 starting with Capoue holding. especially as were having to persevere with our second string center backs that don't excel in speed.

Wenger must have found it so easy to control the midfield and isolate our strikers.

Tired of losing to The Arsenal? smile.png Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Do one you fat ugly old trollop. smile.png

Yeah your lot did OK....your collapse will begin in short order as well....those last few strands will ping out by May....just keep watching! biggrin.png

what was that kickoff time about? north london derby and fans can go on the piss all afternoon before the match?

Fine example of Sky telling the FA what they to do.

It also encouraged Arsenal to reduce our ticket allowance from something like around 10000 to 3000. Realistically i don't blame Arsenal but it would have bee nice to have a little more support. The chants of "Sherwood is a goober" were deafening at times!!

oh it was a sky thing was it? laughable. today's fixtures are the same - west ham fans got to get up to nottingham for a midday kickoff while swansea fans won't get out of manchester until about 7pm. magic of the cup.

The result was about what i expected really, in hindsight probaly should have gone with a 5 man midfield but he was never going to change a winning formation albeit against middle of the table teams.

A few plus points were the industry of Eriksen and i thought Bentaleb was our best player although i don't understand why Sherwood went with him instead of Capoue !

Anyway looks like a few of the injured players are on there way back so good news there.

Lots of totts fans arrested before the game. Probably more to come now they've lost again.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What did they get arrested for Chic ? yes, people often get turned away from libraries for making to much noiselaugh.png

• Like 2