Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Spuds given reduced ticket allocation for the Arse cup game on security grounds?...then kick off is put back for TV to allow 5 hours of drinking time before kick off??? Only the FA could justify that...just sayin!

Agree, its a mental kickoff time whichever way you look at it.

Lots of totts fans arrested before the game. Probably more to come now they've lost again.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What did they get arrested for Chic ? yes, people often get turned away from libraries for making to much noiselaugh.png

Must be an awful lot of away fans getting arrested at White Hart Lane recently then Alf!! biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

PS. Why has it gone very quiet on the, previously, noisiest thread on thaivisa.com?

Hello Knackerbag, its probably guests to the thread getting bored of the inarticulate drivel posted by b*llends like you. Why don't you post on your own teams thread for once.

Because I love comedy. And you have to admit the comments about the tots are funny.

When I want serious football comment, I read the Arsenal Rope, not the unwinding, weak, soon to snap, thread that is about tots,

Sent from my arnchair in Herts., or maybe the dole office in Croydon where I'm standing next to loads of ex-tot managers.

One day, you may get something (Ian) right, right, right.

In the meantime, please keep posting to keep us all amused.

Edited by Soi Sauce
  • Like 1

PS. Why has it gone very quiet on the, previously, noisiest thread on thaivisa.com?

Hello Knackerbag, its probably guests to the thread getting bored of the inarticulate drivel posted by b*llends like you. Why don't you post on your own teams thread for once.

Because I love comedy. And you have to admit the comments about the tots are funny.

When I want serious football comment, I read the Arsenal Rope, not the unwinding, weak, soon to snap, thread that is about tots,

Sent from my arnchair in Herts., or maybe the dole office in Croydon where I'm standing next to loads of ex-tot managers.

One day, you may get something (Ian) right, right, right.

In the meantime, please keep posting to keep us all amused.

Morning Knackerbag, and a well done for the first time! That was remotely amusing! Try and keep the posts shorter and less frequent though, theres a good lad.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25608814

It was only in March that Andre Villas-Boas made a comment that has achieved some notoriety when he suggested a north London derby victory for Spurs had sent Arsenal, and by association Wenger, into a "negative spiral".

Fast forward 10 months and the sacked Villas-Boas awaits his next employment opportunity as Wenger presides over a rejuvenated Arsenal on top of the Premier League and into the FA Cup fourth round after a comfortable 2-0 win over their fiercest rivals at Emirates Stadium.

He got that a little wrong!

It was only in March that Andre Villas-Boas made a comment that has achieved some notoriety when he suggested a north London derby victory for Spurs had sent Arsenal, and by association Wenger, into a "negative spiral".

Fast forward 10 months and the sacked Villas-Boas awaits his next employment opportunity as Wenger presides over a rejuvenated Arsenal on top of the Premier League and into the FA Cup fourth round after a comfortable 2-0 win over their fiercest rivals at Emirates Stadium.

fiercest of rivals ? cheesy.gif

i reckon Barnet FC could give us more of a match at the moment !

probably got more of a backbone to their defense, more guts in the midfield and unquestionably a better strike force up front. biggrin.png

fiercest of rivals ? cheesy.gif

i reckon Barnet FC could give us more of a match at the moment !

probably got more of a backbone to their defense, more guts in the midfield and unquestionably a better strike force up front. biggrin.png

You're a cocky wee bawbag aren't yoiu?

Waot till the collapse....you know its gonna happen! :rolleyes:

"We are thrilled, for our club and for our fans, with the opportunity to bring a global football superstar like Jermain Defoe to Toronto FC."Poor sod :)Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You mean their one fan? :lol:

"We are thrilled, for our club and for our fans, with the opportunity to bring a global football superstar like Jermain Defoe to Toronto FC."Poor sod :)Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You mean their one fan? laugh.png

Probably come straight back on loan. laugh.png

You mean their one fan? laugh.png

Probably come straight back on loan. laugh.png

Yeah, Defoe will continue to play on loan until the end of Feb.

Sherwood has confirmed that Lamela will not be going out on loan. He apparently has a thigh strain which is keeping him on the sidelines and is, as we've been saying being held back to help him acclimatize to the league, the country, learn the language et al.

Seems like Spurs have known what they were doing with him all along and its about time a statement of sorts was made to stop the media rumor mill.

Should be a comfortable win tonight....does this mean we are signing a striker in this window??

Oh and carms....the perils of strong drink! laugh.png

It wouldn't surprise me if we don't get another striker this window as better opportunities

will arise in the summer after the world cup.

We've still got 3 strikers if you include Harry Kane, and Defoe will stay t'll the end of Feb.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2537500/Tottenham-transfers-Spurs-not-planning-bring-replacement-Jermain-Defoe.html

Should be a comfortable win tonight....does this mean we are signing a striker in this window??

Oh and carms....the perils of strong drink! laugh.png

It wouldn't surprise me if we don't get another striker this window as better opportunities

will arise in the summer after the world cup.

We've still got 3 strikers if you include Harry Kane, and Defoe will stay t'll the end of Feb.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2537500/Tottenham-transfers-Spurs-not-planning-bring-replacement-Jermain-Defoe.html

Kaboul is also back training with the first team. This is really good news. Dare we begin to talk of being able to play Kaboul and Vertonghen together?!!

Not sure about the striker situation this window but if reports are true that BAE will not be recalled then we should be in the market for a left back.

Edited by carmine

Buying a striker after the World Cup fills me with horror....but we'll see I suppose.

Any striker thats made a name for himself or further enhanced his reputation at the world cup is unlikely to join a club that isn't in the CL.

Tend to agree that if we are going to buy then now is the time.

Sherwood has confirmed that Lamela will not be going out on loan. He apparently has a thigh strain which is keeping him on the sidelines and is, as we've been saying being held back to help him acclimatize to the league, the country, learn the language et al.

Seems like Spurs have known what they were doing with him all along and its about time a statement of sorts was made to stop the media rumor mill.

Must have got a thigh strain getting up off the bench too fast, poor sod. I hope they've provided him with a nice Teddy Bear to comfort him during his hardships here............He's half a season to acclimatise! WHL, House (home), Driving,Tower of London, Big Ben, Madame Taussauds, pissup at top clubs what else does he need to acclimatise> Language......"over here, pass, shoot, <deleted>"........what else does he need?......Pathetic!!!

Didn't hear none of this <deleted> about Gareth Bale, he just thought he was at RM to score goals.

Must have got a thigh strain getting up off the bench too fast, poor sod. I hope they've provided him with a nice Teddy Bear to comfort him during his hardships here............He's half a season to acclimatise! WHL, House (home), Driving,Tower of London, Big Ben, Madame Taussauds, pissup at top clubs what else does he need to acclimatise> Language......"over here, pass, shoot, wanke_r"........what else does he need?......Pathetic!!!

Didn't hear none of this <deleted> about Gareth Bale, he just thought he was at RM to score goals.

Gareth took about three seasons to acclimatize at Spurs!! He was hopeless spending more time fiddling with his hair than listening to team talks by all accounts. Lamela took six months to settle in at Roma and was fantastic from that point on.

Lamela was bought on the basis it would probably take time and thats whats happened. Lets hope he only tales six months (rather than Gareth's three seasons) to mature into one day a world class player. He certainly needs to strengthen up to deal with the phsycalities of the premier league aswell

Edited by carmine

Buying a striker after the World Cup fills me with horror....but we'll see I suppose.

Any striker thats made a name for himself or further enhanced his reputation at the world cup is unlikely to join a club that isn't in the CL.

I agree, but it's easier said than done in this window, most clubs wouldn't sell

their best players mid season.

Even Wenger, who doesn't have a fit striker at the moment is saying that he may not

get a striker in this window because of the lack of availability.

If anyone decent does became available the Arse will be competing for them too.

Mind you, Berbatov is being mentioned, but that's just a stop gap if he leaves Fulham.

There's optimism for you :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There's optimism for you smile.png

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sorry. Any striker that has made a name for himself or further enhanced his reputation would only seriously consider joining a club that wasn't in the CL.

Silly me.smile.png

Don't you mean 'wouldn't seriously consider joining Tottnumb'? smile.png Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Mindyou, if top players were looking to win silverware Arsenal would hardly be on their list to join, would theylaugh.png

Don't you mean 'wouldn't seriously consider joining Tottnumb'? smile.png Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Mindyou, if top players were looking to win silverware Arsenal would hardly be on their list to join, would theylaugh.png

Bit further up than the pub team up the road I suspect.

thumbsup.gif

Bit further up than the pub team up the road I suspect.

thumbsup.gif

Oh yes, about one, maybe two points a season. Massive chicoq, massive gulf between us isn't itwhistling.gif