Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Good win, although Everton probably deserved a point. Spurs were very poor again in the first half. Why? Why do we not seem up for it in the first 45 and need a blocking at half time? Liked Sherwoods thoughtful team set up. The guy has lots to learn but seems to be learning fast.

Paulinho and Eriksen poor, Adebayor and Dembele very good. Lennon utter pants again. More confirmation Lloris is a very good keeper.

Should be looking for three points at the Barcdes on wednesday and hang in there hoping for Liverpool to bottle it or their form drop.

FOOTNOTE FOR UPS....Lamela still injured, thigh and back injury.

Can't believe a player that cost 30m gets injured.whistling.gif

Yes, it's hard to imagine, so much injury from so little play. Maybe sitting learning English is doing his back in.

I agree that Sherwood is learning fast and has quickly found out Soldado's best position. biggrin.png

Lloris has probably been the best buy, he's excellent and so fast. I won't mention that he's quoted as saying he wants CL football.......but hey, Spurs are still in striking distance so he might get it.

It was a good win. thumbsup.gif

Looks like we have lost Chiriches for six weeks and Lamela quite possibly the season.

Fortunately for tonights game Newcastle are suffering with injuries....and you never know, we might even play well as a team. Rather important to win this to keep the pressure on Liverpool, whose game will likely be postponed.

Looks like we have lost Chiriches for six weeks and Lamela quite possibly the season.

Fortunately for tonights game Newcastle are suffering with injuries....and you never know, we might even play well as a team. Rather important to win this to keep the pressure on Liverpool, whose game will likely be postponed.

shouldn't be. TSSA and RMT announced last night that the strike is off.

Carmine, this is not a pop at Lamela,

I've just read about him in The Guardian and after reading the passage below, I'm curious how all this serious injury stuff came about if he really wanted a move just a month ago....thoughts?

Lamela was desperate for a loan move last month to reignite his career, particularly with the World Cup finals in mind, and there were several clubs in Serie A that wanted him. But Tottenham felt that they could not go from paying such a massive fee for a player to loaning him out only five months later.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/11/erik-lamela-tottenham-hotspur-injury-setback

Carmine, this is not a pop at Lamela,

I've just read about him in The Guardian and after reading the passage below, I'm curious how all this serious injury stuff came about if he really wanted a move just a month ago....thoughts?

Lamela was desperate for a loan move last month to reignite his career, particularly with the World Cup finals in mind, and there were several clubs in Serie A that wanted him. But Tottenham felt that they could not go from paying such a massive fee for a player to loaning him out only five months later.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/11/erik-lamela-tottenham-hotspur-injury-setback

Sounds like a soft lad who got caught up in a deal that the Spurs coaching staff didn't want…

shouldn't be. TSSA and RMT announced last night that the strike is off.

Yes just saw that. So, lets hope that Rodgers forgets about the middle of the pitch and opts to spread it wide and plough crosses in all night.

I think the same team that started against Everton will probably start tonight.

Hoping that Ericksen will have a good game and get on the ball in the opposition

half, as he can make things happen.

Both Ericksen and Paulinho so poor last time out. Praying it was just lack of match fitness. Townsend needs to show tonight even if just late off the bench. Kane likewise. COYS

Paulinho could well be down on match fitness due to his lack of playing time,

but Eriksen has featured in every game lately so should be firing on all cylinders.

Kane wasn't in the squad last match as Defoe and Soldado were on the bench, and until Defoe

leaves at the end of the month, can't see Kane being included.

Agree, Townsend should play tonight, but probably coming off the bench, unless he replaces

Lennon who also had a bad game on Sunday.

Where's Alfie? Has he finally bored himself to death or has he been recruited by Timmy Sherwood as a press officer/1st team tactician?

If he's spat his dummy again I want to be the first to show my support with my new avatar.wub.png

Edited by mad mary
  • Like 1

Where's Alfie? Has he finally bored himself to death or has he been recruited by Timmy Sherwood as a press officer/1st team tactician?

If he's spat his dummy again I want to be the first to show my support with my new avatar.wub.png

If it was down to reading your sh1t stirring diatribe its perfectly understandable if he just can't be bothered.

• Like 1

Played well tonight although there was a spell of around fifteen minutes in the second half where we seemed to offer them a chance back into the game. Other than that we looked good and even if we did offer them chances Lloris is in spectacular form.

Strange that we can win 4-0 away and yet our best player just might have been Hugo Lloris. Kaboul showed what we've been missing for a season and a half. Theres our best center back pairing, but whilst he and Vertonghen are quick i thought at times we played a ridiculously high line.

Need another away win at Norwich next as Chelsea and Arsenal are on the horizon.

What has happened to Eriksen? As soon as I put him in my fantasy team he becomes rubbish! I have just put Adebayor in so if he stops scoring, you know why.

You need Adebayor in your team whenever the transfer window approaches. the new window tends to bring out his best form wink.png

I think Eriksen was left out because Sherwood wanted to beef up the midfield, pairing Bentaleb with Capoue and secondly, with his current form Dembele is very difficult to drop. And he did have a very good game last night. However he walked off with a possible groin strain so Eriksen will probably be back for Norwich away.

• Like 1

Hugo Lloris absolute LEGEND

Excellent shot stopper and his speed off the line cuts out lots of potentially dangerous through balls.

The lad from St Albans in track suit, seems to be doing well. Probably captaining a PL Championship & runner up team with Alan Shearer at the helm, he understands the roll of a centre forward. wink.png

"He (Tim) has been there for me since day one," Adebayor says. "He just told me: “Adebayor, I know how good you can be, I know you can be a very important player for this squad. If you fight for the team, the team will be behind you.”

"At the moment, this is what is happening and I am very happy."

Whatabout Soldaduddo? And what are the opposition like?

The opposition Dnipro are an Ukrainian side that are managed by our ex manager

Juande Ramos who has won this competition twice back to back with Sevilla.

Yevhen Konoplyanka, who Liverpool tried to sign in January plays for them too.

They have a good home record, so it won't be a walk in the park for Spurs, although

Sherwood still thinks his best players won't be needed.

Hence, why Soldado will probably start tonight. biggrin.png

Whatabout Soldaduddo? And what are the opposition like?

Spurs play Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk tonight. For those who don't know too much about them, they're a small team with little success.......from Londongiggle.gif

oh....and Soldaduddo is getting a game. Bet he takes a penalty better than Ozilbiggrin.png

Edited by wilai
  • Like 2

Really...if you are going to troll our thread at least try to be funny or interesting...the scousers who come on here are just spiteful muppets....how did your team get on in Europe this season?

Last season?

Season before that?

Bore off you muppet.

• Like 1

Really...if you are going to troll our thread at least try to be funny or interesting...the scousers who come on here are just spiteful muppets....how did your team get on in Europe this season?

Last season?

Season before that?

Bore off you muppet.

you will have to rephrase that to the Liverpool fans as I doubt many of them are scousers.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Last season?

Season before that?

Bore off you muppet.

My we are touchy aren't we? biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Tell you what...I will stay off this thread as long as you and your fellow tiny tots stay well away from the LFC one. Can't be fairer than that can I? Deal? thumbsup.gif

Last season?

Season before that?

Bore off you muppet.

you will have to rephrase that to the Liverpool fans as I doubt many of them are scousers.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

And as for Lanng khao...congrats on winning the Welsh Derby last week. Shame Swansea played their reserves against the Rhyl boysbiggrin.png