Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Tottenham Hotspur will fiddle about in 5th or 6th position in the EPL for the next 20 years, if they are lucky.

Levy is out of his depth.

It's gonna take a brave Arab or Russian to change it.

Too risky I reckon.

Fiddle about with Ashley at Newcastle.

Reality.

smile.png

Tottenham Hotspur will fiddle about in 5th or 6th position in the EPL for the next 20 years, if they are lucky.

Too risky I reckon.

Reality.

smile.png

Strange post this one. Perhaps someone might offer a clue as to what P45 is on about?

Too risky I reckon.

Reality.

smile.png

Strange post this one. Perhaps someone might offer a clue as to what P45 is on about?

Quite simple carmine.

Competition at the top of the EPL is likely to be too fierce for Spurs.

City, United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea will probably dominate for the foreseeable future.

As you have said yourself carmine many times, Spurs need an ambitious owner.

Hence the reference to the Mike Ashley, Newcastle business plan.

Levy's approach is much closer to Ashley's than it is to City's.

Ambitious spending of Bale money ( if you can call it that, but personally I wouldn't smile.png ), produced a squad that achieved the outstanding goal diff of 4, and a situation whereby, even at the end of the season, nobody at Spurs knew what the best starting 11 was. facepalm.gif

Plus you don't appear to have a manager, and the stadium situation looks a bit flexi for the next 3 or 4 years.

Bottom line is, it looks a right bldy mess at Spurs.

wai2.gif

• Like 1

Too risky I reckon.

Reality.

smile.png

Quite simple carmine.

Competition at the top of the EPL is likely to be too fierce for Spurs.

City, United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea will probably dominate for the foreseeable future.

As you have said yourself carmine many times, Spurs need an ambitious owner.

Hence the reference to the Mike Ashley, Newcastle business plan.

Levy's approach is much closer to Ashley's than it is to City's.

Ambitious spending of Bale money ( if you can call it that, but personally I wouldn't smile.png ), produced a squad that achieved the outstanding goal diff of 4, and a situation whereby, even at the end of the season, nobody at Spurs knew what the best starting 11 was. facepalm.gif

Plus you don't appear to have a manager, and the stadium situation looks a bit flexi for the next 3 or 4 years.

Bottom line is, it looks a right bldy mess at Spurs.

wai2.gif

Well thats really putting the situation in the dimmest most depressing light possible and i'm sorry to say reality and your opinion on this don't meet eye to eye.

It could be argued you see that the net spend last season was pretty much zero which means theres money in the kitty to spend. Thats good news. Finishing with the points we did having lost our manager early december and having an untried stand in was a credible achievement. Only intact three points behind our best ever and with a new transitional squad. Thats good news.. Theres nothing the matter of any consequence regards the new stadium although there is the matter of finding an appropriate ground to use whilst the build process takes place. So why is this a big problem for us but hasn't been for anyone else?

btw, i love it when people harp on about our goal difference. the fact is, we shipped about twenty goals in about four games yet Lloris had something like the second highest number of clean sheets.

Yes we did buy too many players and i'm still not surprised we don't yet know our best team, especially when half of them were crocked.

thats actually how simple it is. The only real problem to deal with is the defense, but thats hardly going to be a surprise for Señor Pochettino is it!!

Nah, i think considering for example the resources at chelsea, the relatively settled team, the second highest paid coach in the world with so much experience and with the quality in your squad, so glaringly obvious when highlighted by the enormously high wage bill, we actually did better than you lot and you should be much more focused on your trophy less failed season.

Bravo on the Luiz sale though, that was top quality business.wai.gif

Spurs net spend effectively zero last season according to carmine.

Brilliant.

New manager comes in and is effectively starting from scratch.

A wasted season.

Back to square one without Bale.

( Chelsea. Trophy less failed season? It doesn't need rose tinted to see the truth.)

Brilliant.

Net spend was actually 9.8m in credit so obviously better than brilliant !

With the squad the new manger has inherited he is certainly not starting from scratch.

A wasted season.

Chelsea spent a net 53m and still a wasted season or did I miss something !

Edited by alfieconn

So the new manager is going to make the squad that AVB couldn't knock in to shape work?

Sherwood left with nobody knowing what the starting 11 should be.

So will he keep Baldini's signings or not?

Starting from scratch effectively... but with Bale money still intact if Soldado etc get sold for a profit.

Chelsea reached the semi final of the CL and have consolidated for next season. We will be fighting for the EPL and the CL.

You will be playing Thursday night football in Kazakstan, and whoever you get in as manager you won't make top 4 next season.

• Like 1

So the new manager is going to make the squad that AVB couldn't knock in to shape work?

Starting from scratch effectively... but with Bale money still intact if Soldado etc get sold for a profit.

Chelsea reached the semi final of the CL and have consolidated for next season. We will be fighting for the EPL and the CL.

You will be playing Thursday night football in Kazakstan, and whoever you get in as manager you won't make top 4 next season.

Bore off you [deleted].

• Like 2

Bore off you [deleted].

biggrin.png

Jurgen Klinsmann.

Sorry Ian, but whether anyone likes it or not it'll be Pochettino. Not my first choice either btw. very much doubt he has a chance of meeting DL's unrealistic expectations and see us as back to square one again in eighteen months....hey ho!!

About time Levy stuck to paying the utility bills and let someone with a sounder football brain make the sporting decisions

• Like 1

Jurgen Klinsmann.

Sorry Ian, but whether anyone likes it or not it'll be Pochettino. Not my first choice either btw. very much doubt he has a chance of meeting DL's unrealistic expectations and see us as back to square one again in eighteen months....hey ho!!

About time Levy stuck to paying the utility bills and let someone with a sounder football brain make the sporting decisions

You are probably right mate, but I have to continue to bang the JK drum. I am hopeful for a 2000 beer tokens to 50 beer tokens arrangement to come good back in Blighty. (Now 16's with some).

You are trying desperately hard to open a hornets nest my friend but you are making a real hash of it.wink.png

Carry on..........oh, btw, just seen that socrates28 likes your post!!!!!!!!! How embarrassing is thatlaugh.png

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Brilliant.

Net spend was actually 9.8m in credit so obviously better than brilliant !

With the squad the new manger has inherited he is certainly not starting from scratch.

A wasted season.

Chelsea spent a net 53m and still a wasted season or did I miss something !

No, but i doubt you will get a reply.........facts defeat his argument which must be tricky!!

I wonder if that horrid little shit Mourinho will keep his job after a 53m spend and a trophy less season? Now thats failure and Abramovich doesn't expect failure on the back of the money he pours in.

sorry to go off topic but when failure reared its ugly head i immediately thought of the big spending, second highest paid manager in the world boring us all to death with a trophy less parked bus of a seasonlaugh.png