Tottenham Thread

chonabot

A Transition is exactly what we need. All other lurking supporters can trot off back to their own threads and sort out their own teams. The future looks bright for Spurs. To make the top 4 will be very very tough. Likewise each of the top 4 will find it very very tough to maintain their performances of last year. For example, across at the Emirates it seems their support is dwindling. I understand from a reliable source that are having a hell of a time filling their hospitality suites.....

attachicon.gifarsenal lovely.jpg

Lordy, lordy. What a broad. Can't say more or Jellydog will be on my case for hypocrisy. Thanks for the post Ian - have you got her phone number?

[cheesy.gif ]

Come on over to the dark side Santi. Its OK.

BTW- the amply endowed poster referenced yesterday is not of the female persuasion.

A Transition is exactly what we need. All other lurking supporters can trot off back to their own threads and sort out their own teams. The future looks bright for Spurs. To make the top 4 will be very very tough. Likewise each of the top 4 will find it very very tough to maintain their performances of last year. For example, across at the Emirates it seems their support is dwindling. I understand from a reliable source that are having a hell of a time filling their hospitality suites.....

attachicon.gifarsenal lovely.jpg

Lordy, lordy. What a broad. Can't say more or Jellydog will be on my case for hypocrisy. Thanks for the post Ian - have you got her phone number?

[cheesy.gif ]

To be honest mate, I thought some of you gooners would be wanting it. In anticipation I tried all sorts of methods to get it, but Arsene's number remains stubbornly ex-directory.

I read somewhere that they are interested in Chicharito and Fellaini.

source was caughtoffside: http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/08/19/exclusive-tottenham-prepare-ambitious-24m-bid-for-man-united-pair/

which i think is owned and operated by two spotty thirteen year olds working out of a bedroom in wolverhampton.

I did read somewhere, the fact that I never sourced it was a bit of a giveaway.

Be funny if it happened eh ? laugh.png

source was caughtoffside: http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/08/19/exclusive-tottenham-prepare-ambitious-24m-bid-for-man-united-pair/

which i think is owned and operated by two spotty thirteen year olds working out of a bedroom in wolverhampton.

But it won't so lets move on, eh?

Pocettino is doing exactly what was required. He's building from the back. We also managed to keep hold of Lloris and Vertonghen.

Its really just down to Levy to give him time. The clubs not expecting top four this season and neither are any Spurs supporters i've spoken with. We want to see good football and the nucleus of a good solid squad assembled and a decent cup run would be nice.

The only way we will win silverware is not by buying trophies spending hundreds of millions in the process, but by a united squad of players, pulled together by a talented young manager and over achieving. this process starts now hopefully and if it continues over the next five years to the opening of our new stadium we'll be sitting pretty.

Then again Levy might might pull the trigger next may. Who knows what goes on in his head at times!!

Pocettino is doing exactly what was required. He's building from the back. We also managed to keep hold of Lloris and Vertonghen.

Its really just down to Levy to give him time. The clubs not expecting top four this season and neither are any Spurs supporters i've spoken with. We want to see good football and the nucleus of a good solid squad assembled and a decent cup run would be nice.

The only way we will win silverware is not by buying trophies spending hundreds of millions in the process, but by a united squad of players, pulled together by a talented young manager and over achieving. this process starts now hopefully and if it continues over the next five years to the opening of our new stadium we'll be sitting pretty.

Then again Levy might might pull the trigger next may. Who knows what goes on in his head at times!!

If the truth be told carm's he's not much different from any other board /chairman, would the chav's have the same manager if they had ended up mid table? I dont think so , look at utd the anthem was give him time backed by 6 ? year contract,,,,,, out the door within a year, same old same old. what must be questioned though is levy's skill/judgement in picking a manager that can achieve the clubs potential Imo, he's got it right once,, 'our ari' possibly twice,,, jol, in god knows how many goes.Truly shocking,, seems maybe he's not capable of looking back and learning.?

Edited by rijit
  • Like 2

Come on you lot, let's look forwards and get behind Mauricio. No good looking back, it's long gone and DL doesn't give a flying fluk. He's got his salary for the next year sorted. I''m upbeat and ever the optimist because we, above all others, deserve that little slice of luck. COYS

Come on you lot, let's look forwards and get behind Mauricio. No good looking back, it's long gone and DL doesn't give a flying fluk. He's got his salary for the next year sorted. I''m upbeat and ever the optimist because we, above all others, deserve that little slice of luck. COYS

lets be optimistic, as carms said, he seems to be going about things in the right way

I'm liking what he's doing on the park,,,, so far,, but we know with spurs, it aint always about what happens on the park, if it was, we'd still have ari !!!!

and tbh putting 'young aspiring' together with the Tottenham managers job,,,, don't have a good history, but let be optimistic we've a decent squad

and i'm liking that some may have a bit of a point to prove.

Edited by rijit
  • Like 2

Fact is though, Spurs are a shambles.

Pochettino? Ok give him a chance. But to me, it looks like he had a shed load of talent to work with at Southampton.

No problem for me giving credit to a manager who marshals talent.

Let's see how he does. But I have yet to be convinced he is a Rodgers.

Pocettino is doing exactly what was required. He's building from the back.

Reckon I'm going to give you the award of the most hypocritical poster ever, carmine.

Goal diff of 4.

Know what I mean.

Adeboy up front. Soldado back up.

Care to make a prediction how many goals Chelski will score this season?

And what their goal diff will be?

Reckon I'm going to give you the award of the most hypocritical poster ever, carmine.

Goal diff of 4.

Know what I mean.

Are you still here TOO !!! facepalm.gifw00t.gif

BT coffee1.gif

Asking for a Prediction ?? Strange for someone NOT in Prediction League facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Pochettino? Ok give him a chance. But to me, it looks like he had a shed load of talent to work with at Southampton.

Arhhh, the usual nonsense, PishFlaps45 and the the absolute model of a Chelsea fan

Goal diff of 4.

Know what I mean.

Are you still here TOO !!! facepalm.gifw00t.gif

BT coffee1.gif

Asking for a Prediction ?? Strange for someone NOT in Prediction League facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

He was in advertising you know!whistling.gif

• Like 1

Arhhh, the usual nonsense, PishFlaps45 and the the absolute model of a Chelsea fan

I should have taken chic's advise and just ignored the chav t't. Carmine you got it right I think; the model Chelsea fan.

post-63176-0-04406500-1408581382_thumb.j

Yeah - pathetic posting from the Chav. Can't think of any thinking fan of any opposition team that would come to that conclusion after one match. In the style of a twelve year old, posting on a gutter twitter thread (minus the gratuitous swearing).

Your better than that P45. An apology in the cool light of day is called for

• Like 2

The team I think Poch will put out tomorrow :

Lloris,

Naughton, Dier, Kaboul, Davies / Rose

Capoue, Bentaleb

Lamela, Erikson, Lennon

Ade / Soldado

I see no one congratulated me on getting this right thumbsup.gif

you chose thirteen players mate!!biggrin.png

Interesting to see his back two of Capoue and Bentaleb. Ofcourse Capoue will hold but he's gone with Bentaleb who is basically a central midfield rather than going box to box with Paulinho. I also wonder how Dembele will fit in with Pochettino?

• Like 1

Lloris,

Capoue, Bentaleb

Lamela, Erikson, Lennon

Ade / Soldado

you chose thirteen players mate!!biggrin.png

Interesting to see his back two of Capoue and Bentaleb. Ofcourse Capoue will hold but he's gone with Bentaleb who is basically a central midfield rather than going box to box with Paulinho. I also wonder how Dembele will fit in with Pochettino?

We have a plethora of defensive midfielder who can bomb forward to help the attack but we need someone with more finesse who can make the defence splitting pass....I know I keep going on about it but none of those four has that ability.

We'll see what happens before the end of the month but when teams sit back and hit us on the break we will struggle again is my fear.

Lloris,

Capoue, Bentaleb

Lamela, Erikson, Lennon

Ade / Soldado

Congrats, but I just read the following:

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino has left a number of first-team players at home, with Emmanuel Adebayor, Christian Eriksen, Younes Kaboul, Aaron Lennon and Etienne Capoue rested. Summer signing Michel Vorm was not registered for the play-off round.

Squad: Lloris, Friedel, McGee, Naughton, Dawson, Vetonghen, Dier, Davies, Rose, Velkjkovic, Carroll, Bentaleb, Sandro, Paulinho, Dembele, Lamela, Chadli, Townsend, Holtby Kane, Soldado.

Ruddy media, always sprouting rumours.