Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Stoke will be a more accurate test for us. If we nail them and the Arse slip up at Swansea as expected, could be a 6 pointer. Happy days again possibly....

Stoke will be no pushover. We need to improve on recent performances to take the points and when our strikers are clean through they really need to score.

I'd like to see Kane start but playing behind a striker and frankly on current form that would be Soldado. But it won't happen.wink.png

• Like 1

personally i reckon we've been absolute pants for the last ??? games and v fortunate to come away with anything and probably majorly lucky not on the way getting a bloody good spanking. 2 moro tbh i'm expecting to be beaten, so getting anything 2 will be a plus,

• Like 1

TBH, i'm getting to the stage where it's beconming an effort to watch spurs, full of half hearted over paid pre Madonnas. and as much as im a fan how long have i been going on about kane,? long enuf, imo he just aint ready to lead the line week in week out in the prem, give him a few games yes, but a defo starter in the prem, not just yet.

Never an effort for me to watch Spurs games rij, look forward to every game and if we don't play any good then there's always next week ! as for the players ! Iv'e never been one to get too concerned how players act and behave as I realize that 99% are only at clubs for their own means and that the club doesn't mean that much too them, anyway I'm a supporter of the club and not individual players !

Footnote : Can't understand supporters who still sing the praises of their ex players !

Its one thing a coach keeping a relativelly small squad ready and in 'good nick', its almost a completly diferent job doing it with huge squads at 'big' clubs which imo potts and rodgers are sort of now finding out.

I remember Rodgers saying after we sold Bale and bought in 7 new players, that with the amount of

money we spent we should be going for the title.

Well now he has done exactly the same, after selling Suarez and bringing in a load of new players they

have taken a few steps backwards.

A bit of karma there for him.

Stoke will be a more accurate test for us. If we nail them and the Arse slip up at Swansea as expected, could be a 6 pointer. Happy days again possibly....

Glad to see you back ian, for a minute there I thought you'd started your terminal sulk a bit early.

wink.png

I remember Rodgers saying after we sold Bale and bought in 7 new players, that with the amount of

Well now he has done exactly the same, after selling Suarez and bringing in a load of new players they

You've taken the easy option there sots as it should be posted in the dippers thread biggrin.png

You've taken the easy option there sots as it should be posted in the dippers thread biggrin.png

Not to worry, they'll still read it wink.png

Glad to see you back ian, for a minute there I thought you'd started your terminal sulk a bit early.

wink.png

Hahahaha... Travelling I am afraid.... Soon en route to somewhere north west of Sid territory.

As for your arse.... Praying for a turnaround in our fortunes.....ie we win and you LOSE

#THFC team: Lloris, Naughton, Fazio, Kaboul ©, Rose; Capoue, Mason; Chadli, Eriksen, Townsend; Kane #COYS

I think Adebayor height and strength will be missed against the stoke back four. I have been praising Harry for the past 18 months so good to see he starts at last.

Kaboul is a BIG disaster waiting to happen. Oh please let the good fortune god look kindly upon us.

Let's give Kane and Soldado a run till Xmas and replace Adebayor in January.

You might well be right. If nothing else for now, Soldado's a good professional and it would be great to see the guy turn it round. Fact is, with him and Kane we looked a better side and i think i'm right in saying were all sick of Adebayors antics.

Its time for the boss to take charge and drop the lazy couldn't care less players even if it means blooding the kids.

I'd rather see 11 giving there all and losing than watch this rubbish every week.

Best post of the day Smokes.

We do have a decent chance of bagging the League Cup. A Mid table finish will not be so bad in this case, and it should be the youngsters that play in this scenario, ready for next season. Continue the building of youth now and off load the so called superstars that we are carrying laboriously week after week after week after week! In this number I include Adebayor, Erickson, Soldado, Vertohngen Add to these Kaboul & Lennon. I'd like to see Rose play out on the left wing. Nurture Dier, Benteleb, Mason and Kane. Buy a world class striker; someone similar to a goal hungry Klinsman or Linekar, or Sheringham, or Berbatov. Buy a world class centre half to show Dier the way; not some sulking disinterested Belgique dick.

Bring back Carroll.

World class strikers cost serious money and would probably opt for a more successful club, the same goes for a world class centre half. Do you have any such players in mind, who you think could be lured into the current Spurs set up and who Levy would pay big money for?

When you have a chairman who prefers to spend as little as possible and no CL to offer you better pray you have a decent youth policy. Thats exactly where we are.

Not very hopeful about this game either i'm afraid. Let's hope this game makes a turnaround in our form.

Its all about finding the right players at the right time ups.

That's what happened with Ratboy...who was fantastic for us....and obviously Bale.

Keeping those calibre of players is another thing as even Manure discovered with Ronaldo.

Edited by smokie36
  • Like 1

Uptheos - That is the problem, i'm afraid without Champions League to lure them it's not going to happen. So you have to buy young, which means they are not yet world class, and give the manager time, something Dear Daniel appears to be unable to do.

So we've got 2 right footed CB's one being kaboul playing and no Vertonghen ! no Lamela and Townsend and Eriksen playing w.t.f.

Yes it looks a bit odd....and on form I would like to see Lamela and Soldado rather than those two especially at home.

Finally!

Tottenham: Lloris, Naughton, Fazio, Kaboul ©, Rose; Capoue, Mason; Chadli, Eriksen, Townsend; Kane

Still think 2 strikers should have been the option at home but you can't have everything whistling.gif

Back 4 is a worry

COYS

Back four is more than a worry. He should have played two strikers.

I wonder who that <deleted> Charlie Adam will try to cripple tonight? That is if he still plays for Stoke.....

• Like 1