Tottenham Thread

chonabot

<deleted> Bebe was better than Soldado.

Really!!! .if your gonna talk shit, go do it where you'v got some cred'.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

hahaha... yeah....

but look at his choice of word... 'WAS'.....so our Soldado is better now !!!

But he wasn't though, was he!! Bebe was as indescribably bad as he was anonymous. biggrin.png

Should have been an investigation there MrEd and you know it. That whole transfer deal stank.wink.png

There was fergie got a knighthood, bebe got a fortune as did fergies son......

But he wasn't though, was he!! Bebe was as indescribably bad as he was anonymous. biggrin.png

Should have been an investigation there MrEd and you know it. That whole transfer deal stank.wink.png

There was fergie got a knighthood, bebe got a fortune as did fergies son......

Yes the father, the agent son and the 7m player from the lower Portuguese leagues that the manager admitted he'd never seen and was apparently so unfit it was reported in the papers he was sent from the training ground back to the gym.

But the FA chose not to investigate "Sir" Alex Ferguson. Would they if it were Redknapp, for example?

Over to you, MrEd!!

Good game tonight to measure our progress. First game for Pardew and Palace will be up for this one.

We have Bentaleb, Mason and Lamela all missing.

(I have a feeling Lennon could be on his way out and reckon on Townsend might feature so anyone sitting in the upper tiers needs to keep their eyes on the ball!! saying that he'll probably score his once a season scorcher....its due.)

Team i expect to see;

Lloris

Walker Fazio Vertonghen Davies

Stambouli Dembele

Townsend Eriksen Chadli

Kane

Yep carmine, except i reckon he'll start rose, from the last couple games seeems when he wants an attacking threat he'll play rose when he wants a defensive emphasis he play/start davies, and against palace, he'll go attack for sure.

Yep carmine, except i reckon he'll start rose, from the last couple games seeems when he wants an attacking threat he'll play rose when he wants a defensive emphasis he play/start davies, and against palace, he'll go attack for sure.

You might be right but for me i'll always go with the players thats best at his primary role, in this case defending and thats Davies. Agreed though theres an element of horses for courses.

You might be right but for me i'll always go with the players thats best at his primary role, in this case defending and thats Davies. Agreed though theres an element of horses for courses.

Agreed their carms, that's why I was surprised he went with Rose against the chavs facepalm.gif even more so as davies had had a good game previous.

Agreed their carms, that's why I was surprised he went with Rose against the chavs facepalm.gif even more so as davies had had a good game previous.

Obviously were going for the win, which i fancy us to do (1-2) so maybe he'll be looking for the perceived better attacking option. One think in favor of the Rose selection is the extra defensive work that Chadli's been putting in.

Lawro and Merson don't think we'll win btw. smile.png

• Like 1

Didn't realise that Pardew actually played a few games for Spurs. Well, OK, it was only the Intertoto Cup but still considered as official games....just.

The Guardian has an article on his (very) brief connection with Spurs back in 1995.

Be warned, though, it has an x-rated video (for Spurs fans) as part of the articlew00t.gif

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/09/alan-pardew-tottenham-record-defeat-koln

Dear me, we really gave that one away. We a little help from a referee. Kanes was a stonewall penalty, especially on the basis of the soft penalty he gave them.

We had 66% of the ball first half and were sitting nicely until we allowed them too much possession second half.

Spurs fans are going to learn, if they didn't already know, what a key player Bentaleb is for us because if he was playing we would have held far more possession in the second half and i believe won the game.

Very disappointing result with only really Kane and Chadli coming away with pluses to their names.

Bitching about refs carmine? Not like you wink.png

I just like to see consistency. If he gave the one on Ledley then he simply had to give the one on Kane that was a lot more straightforward.

Its an observation and justified at that.

Edited by carmine

Yeah yeah, can we spell "double standards"?

smile.png

If your double standards refer to that French ponce that whines on endlessly to the press about being hard done by then becomes the ultimate hypocrite by claiming not to have seen his own sides indiscretions then so be it.

Theres a big difference between wanting to see consistency in refereeing decisions and classless lying and whining. wink.png

The childish &lt;deleted&gt; won't even shake hands when he's been well beaten.

I didn't watch the game i was waiting for the paint to dry but it seems to me that Spurs have an abundance of talented players but no real direction and that stems from the manager and coaching staff.

What is your best lineup?

How many new players and in what positions do you need them in now..i know your still looking for a sriker of quality to give Kane a hand but Eriksen needs to be played in a free role imo and the team built around those two.

Lamela? Soldado? Dembele? Townsend?

Palace i mean! tongue.png

After the new dawn....darkness falls.

We've just had a six match unbeaten run you silly little fellow. Bore off.

It still doesn't hide the fact you are not happy with your teams transition ..does it? smile.png

I didn't watch the game i was waiting for the paint to dry but it seems to me that Spurs have an abundance of talented players but no real direction and that stems from the manager and coaching staff.

How many new players and in what positions do you need them in now..i know your still looking for a sriker of quality to give Kane a hand but Eriksen needs to be played in a free role imo and the team built around those two.

Theres clearly so much you need to learn before we discuss this you maybe come back in a couple of weeks!! laugh.png

• Like 2

After the new dawn....darkness falls.

We've just had a six match unbeaten run you silly little fellow. Bore off.

It still doesn't hide the fact you are not happy with your teams transition ..does it? smile.png

On the contrary. I'm very positive.

Firstly we haven't just gone out and spunked not far short of 200m to solve the problemwink.png

Secondly we are now probably the fittest team in the league. That was clearly step one.

Next we will start to offload the players he doesn't want and identify ones he does want.

NB. This doesn't mean going out and loaning players for obscene amounts of money to try and get a quick fix.wink.png

Pochettino has already improved the player attitude and significantly developed certain player.

Very optimistic but it'll take time.

I will watch us do this as no doubt your merchandising tool of a club, with its fickle plastic supporters continues to buy its way back to challenging to top teams. It must be so underwhelming for you to see this, especially knowing your just a poor man Man Citeh!! laugh.png

Anything you would care to add?

• Like 1

If you didn't watch the game how can you comment ? for your info I wouldn't say we a have an abundance of talented players but we have direction that stems from the manager and coaching staff.

Eriksen is playing in a free role !!

So to sum things up your post just proves you nothing about Spurs and probably football come to that, well certainly not the offside rule that's probably been in place for 50 years biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn

Yeah yeah, can we spell "double standards"?

smile.png

If your double standards refer to that French ponce that whines on endlessly to the press about being hard done by then becomes the ultimate hypocrite by claiming not to have seen his own sides indiscretions then so be it.

Theres a big difference between wanting to see consistency in refereeing decisions and classless lying and whining. wink.png

The childish <deleted> won't even shake hands when he's been well beaten.

Nice attempt at obfuscation carmine, but I think I got out of bed before you this morning.

It's me you're normally accusing of blaming refs, when in fact all I've done is point out what you've only just learned.

They are atrocious this year, and now even Poll and Hackett are calling for Riley's head (and rightly so):

'This season we have all witnessed many disastrous performances and big game-changing errors,' Hackett added. 'I share the view of one former top referee that the current group of professional referees is the worst that we have seen.

And he's right, the current batch are bloody awful. Just a shame your rose-tinted specs stopped you seeing it until now.

thumbsup.gif

Edited by Chicog