Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Away at Man U on opening day! Nice start for your mob!

Won our last two fixtures there. Frankly i'd rather play them early before they get in the groove. Definitely a chance to catch them napping. Or get a hiding of course!

• Like 1

The rumor about us signing trippier from Burnley wont go away 3.5mil and then we'll have 3 right bac's!!!!. Balanced buying as always.

rijit

Trippier has just completed his medical. Also looks likely that Yedlin is going to Norwich on loan. He's going to get regular games there and it should help his development.

Apart from producing rubbish form for the second half of last season Walker is injury prone. We needed someone anyway. Hopefully Trippier will be good enough for us to offload Walker who never learns from his mistakes.

The rumor about us signing trippier from Burnley wont go away 3.5mil and then we'll have 3 right bac's!!!!. Balanced buying as always.

rijit

Trippier has just completed his medical. Also looks likely that Yedlin is going to Norwich on loan. He's going to get regular games there and it should help his development.

Apart from producing rubbish form for the second half of last season Walker is injury prone. We needed someone anyway. Hopefully Trippier will be good enough for us to offload Walker who never learns from his mistakes.

Injury prone,?, thought until fairly recently ie last season he was a virtual ever present and though I'm not the greatest fan wouldnt it be harsh and perhaps short sighted to be judging and him on a return after a longish spell out injured ? As prior to that he was an auto choise for us and england . But Lets hope 3.5 mil will at least buy us competition going by current costs it might seem ?? Optimistic? 2 expect anything more. But we live in hope.

rijit

Edited by rijit

rijit

Injury prone,?, thought until fairly recently ie last season he was a virtual ever present and though I'm not the greatest fan wouldnt it be harsh and perhaps short sighted to be judging and him on a return after a longish spell out injured ? As prior to that he was an auto choise for us and england . But Lets hope 3.5 mil will at least buy us competition going by current costs it might seem ?? Optimistic? 2 expect anything more. But we live in hope.

rijit

Over the past three seasons he's spent an awful lot of time out and frankly i'd expect anyone to be auto choice over Ktle Naughton. With his defensive frailties it shows the alarming lack of depth in talent that he's anywhere near the England set up.

"Left a gaping open space at the far post from where they scored" should be inscribed on his tombstone. He just doesn't learn from his mistakes and seemingly never will. Always caught hopelessly out of position. Just my opinion anyway!

I agree that we just have to be optimistic about Trippier. Well, optimistic about the whole transfer window really which i'm struggling to be.

rijit

We don't have 3 right backs if Poch see's Yedlin as not good enough and Walker as struggling to be fit / not injured, taking into account he has only started 41 Premier league games in the last 2 seasons !

rijit

rijit

Over the past three seasons he's spent an awful lot of time out and frankly i'd expect anyone to be auto choice over Ktle Naughton. With his defensive frailties it shows the alarming lack of depth in talent that he's anywhere near the England set up.

"Left a gaping open space at the far post from where they scored" should be inscribed on his tombstone. He just doesn't learn from his mistakes and seemingly never will. Always caught hopelessly out of position. Just my opinion anyway!

I agree that we just have to be optimistic about Trippier. Well, optimistic about the whole transfer window really which i'm struggling to be.

Naughton imo was slightly hard done ,sure you might be able to get away with playing a right bac at left bac for a short while and not get exposed but we played him there seemingly for ever and he got

Exposed and not surprisingly it effected his confidence and then.arguably unjustly got

stick. There aint that many prem bacs certainly not english if any that you could even consider covering both sides. Anyway just b4 he left us he had an extended spell at r/b and started to get his confidence bac and imo started to look ok.

rijit

Edited by rijit

backing up what carmine has been saying bout soldado's fee, We moan bout levy but generally he is bang on the money with his managing of the deals he does

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/tottenham-transfer-news-spurs-set-to-sell-roberto-soldado-to-atletico-madrid-to-fund-deals-for-loic-remy-and-jay-rodriguez-9453440.html

Is the biggest transfer disaster we have done Levy's best bit of business negotiated? Why no earth did Valencia allow half the deal to be made up in add ons?

Who knows what goes on behind the deal, eg i know what popular opinion is and whats said now, but do u really see levy gracefully turning down man utds xtra 20 ish? Mil for Bale. Me abso not. we all know whats spouted bout bale only wanting madrid.ect Ect but does it

seem like levy to walk from that sort of money? Just cant see it. So as for Soldado bottom line is clubs maybe have to make a balanced call ,but ultimatly take the best on offer that the player agrees with.

rijit

Apparently Man Utd have met Levy's evaluation of Lloris so he's off. (Good luck to him, he's been a fine example to Bale and Modric of how to behave.)

Don't know about the rest of you but i'm quite happy with Vorm as our no1. Think its fairly clear he came to us on the basis that Lloris would be moving on anyway

Apparently Man Utd have met Levy's evaluation of Lloris so he's off. (Good luck to him, he's been a fine example to Bale and Modric of how to behave.)

Don't know about the rest of you but i'm quite happy with Vorm as our no1. Think its fairly clear he came to us on the basis that Lloris would be moving on anyway

Well see. He looked ok but we know being a no 1 for us is a step up for him and its certainly diferent from being a stand in. Especially when a defence is error prone, confidences can soon be effected. But we live in hope so for me the juries still out.

rijit

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

Clearing out sale at your place then?

Tottenham Hotspur have agreed a deal to sell the Brazilian international Paulinho to the Chinese club Guangzhou Evergrande for €14 million (£10 million).

The 26-year-old has struggled after making an initial impact at Spurs after he was signed under the then head coach Andre Villas-Boas two years ago for a fee of up to £17 million from the Brazilian club Corinthians.

Off to China, that's a step up isn't it?

blink.png

Tottenham Hotspur have agreed a deal to sell the Brazilian international Paulinho to the Chinese club Guangzhou Evergrande for €14 million (£10 million).

The 26-year-old has struggled after making an initial impact at Spurs after he was signed under the then head coach Andre Villas-Boas two years ago for a fee of up to £17 million from the Brazilian club Corinthians.

blink.png

yeah i was gonna reply yesterday that i thought it would be a wages step up but didnt, but seems it was http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/29/paulinho-tottenham-china-guangzhou-evergrande

seems a few others are up for grabs but tell us something we didnt know!!!! , but <deleted>,, was the point of us getting stambouli,,, rolleyes.gif !!! half a season then we out him,,, really!!!!

blink.png

yeah i was gonna reply yesterday that i thought it would be a wages step up but didnt, but seems it was http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/29/paulinho-tottenham-china-guangzhou-evergrande

seems a few others are up for grabs but tell us something we didnt know!!!! , but <deleted>,, was the point of us getting stambouli,,, rolleyes.gif !!! half a season then we out him,,, really!!!!

Where's Stambouli gone then rij ?

Old news now but still be reporting about Spurs training sessions prior to a thursday europa away fixture with Sherwood and ramsey having bets on when Paulinho would pull up with a "strain."

Still lost 7m overall but 10m was a good bit of business all things considering. With that attitude he wasn't worth nought.

Must have been hilarious making a comparison to him and Kane on the training pitch.

Capoue, Kaboul, Chiriches following imminently. Don't think we'll ever free ourselves of Adebayor.

Edited by carmine