Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Apparently Man Utd have met Levy's evaluation of Lloris so he's off. (Good luck to him, he's been a fine example to Bale and Modric of how to behave.)

Don't know about the rest of you but i'm quite happy with Vorm as our no1. Think its fairly clear he came to us on the basis that Lloris would be moving on anyway

Clearing out sale at your place then?

Tottenham Hotspur have agreed a deal to sell the Brazilian international Paulinho to the Chinese club Guangzhou Evergrande for €14 million (£10 million).

The 26-year-old has struggled after making an initial impact at Spurs after he was signed under the then head coach Andre Villas-Boas two years ago for a fee of up to £17 million from the Brazilian club Corinthians.

Off to China, that's a step up isn't it?

blink.png

yeah i was gonna reply yesterday that i thought it would be a wages step up but didnt, but seems it was http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/29/paulinho-tottenham-china-guangzhou-evergrande

seems a few others are up for grabs but tell us something we didnt know!!!! , but <deleted>,, was the point of us getting stambouli,,, rolleyes.gif !!! half a season then we out him,,, really!!!!

Where's Stambouli gone then rij ?

Says he's availaible alfie

rijit

Everyones available at the right price Rij. Even Harry Kane.

Seems to me he's done ok when given the chance. he's relatively young, why not keep him another season and see how he progresses.

(Players need regular football to show their best, Vorm being a prime example who's form at Swansea was extremely good)

Edited by carmine

Yeah agreed in the time he's been

with us he's done ok not set the world alight or looked out of his depth but ok and we're now saying were open to offers after half a season. Seems a touch premature

Still there's been crazier decisions in football i suppose

rijit

Happy days, the chinese have been Levyed, only another 7 to go biggrin.png

10m back and a huge lump off the wage bill. We did well only losing 7m on that useless waste of space. I just hope that levy doesn't try and get too clever with Soldado. I'm taking it as Capoue and Kabul are already as good as gone.

Things, be they rather uninspiring are starting to shape up. We still need a defensive mid, a flexible striker that can play wide (like Berahino!!) and a quality center back. All key positions and difficult to sign without spending bundles that we don't have.

Lloris situation looks like dragging on but i think we should all just forget about that one and take it he's gone, if not now but in the next four weeks

Old news now but still be reporting about Spurs training sessions prior to a thursday europa away fixture with Sherwood and ramsey having bets on when Paulinho would pull up with a "strain."

Still lost 7m overall but 10m was a good bit of business all things considering. With that attitude he wasn't worth nought.

Must have been hilarious making a comparison to him and Kane on the training pitch.

Capoue, Kaboul, Chiriches following imminently. Don't think we'll ever free ourselves of Adebayor.

I seem to remember me and your buddy Alfie having a 'discussion', about who the better player was and who was the better buy................... Your Paulinho and our Fernandhino.

I dont think there is an doubt now??

Though I am sure Alfie will come out with his usual cobblerstongue.png

Old news now but still be reporting about Spurs training sessions prior to a thursday europa away fixture with Sherwood and ramsey having bets on when Paulinho would pull up with a "strain."

Still lost 7m overall but 10m was a good bit of business all things considering. With that attitude he wasn't worth nought.

Must have been hilarious making a comparison to him and Kane on the training pitch.

Capoue, Kaboul, Chiriches following imminently. Don't think we'll ever free ourselves of Adebayor.

I seem to remember me and your buddy Alfie having a 'discussion', about who the better player was and who was the better buy................... Your Paulinho and our Fernandhino.

At 30 plus and going on your clubs track

rijit

Yep i'll take me hat off to ya Jack, Fernandhino was the better player over the two seasons but to be fair i would have been a better player if i was still playing than Paulinho over the last 2 seasons tongue.png

Strange thou, because if you sold Fernandhino now then you'd probaly take a lot bigger loss on him than 7m sad.png

woops last post got put up by mistake anyway

Yep he was a punt and it cost us.10 mil but your guy At 30 plus what will you get of your 32 mil bac? nothing ide go with.

rijit

Edited by rijit

decent profit from holtby's sale http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/01/tottenham-hotspur-sell-lewis-holtby-hamburg

that along with what we've got from paulhinos transfer, puts us half way to covering the cost of the 'west brom boy' ,,

get on levy you know it's rightwai2.gif

though tbh , i'm thinking our goalkeeping situ might need addressing if and when what carms reckons is gonna happen with utd happens, our track record of goalies that make the mark is limited and will vorm will be another one that falls just short like the kellers , robinsons thortsved gomes ect ect, will he step up and deliver consistently despite whats in front of him like brad and hugo did,,, we'll see

Seems Suarez fits the bill of an experienced def mid player smile.png

Squad player?

rijit

Well hopefully he would be good enough for the 1st team rij,we keep getting linked with all these good young def mid players who perhaps are no better than the youngsters we already have.

Edited by alfieconn

The only certainty in this window is we will spend considerably less than we bring in.

The Alderweireld deal would be welcome....and a striker though.

I'm a bit 50/50 on Alderweireld to be fair, not that he's no good but i wonder if we really need him ?

1. We already have Dier who is only going to get better and what would it do to his confidence if he was 3rd choice.

2. Fazio, after 1 year in the premiership i'm sure he will be a better player this season, admitted he looked a bit gangly and made a couple of ricks last season,but he was a regular for Seville for his last 3 seasons so he can't be all bad.

3. It knocks some of the talented youngsters such as Velkovich further down the pecking order.

The only certainty in this window is we will spend considerably less than we bring in.

I'm a bit 50/50 on Alderweireld to be fair, not that he's no good but i wonder if we really need him ?

1. We already have Dier who is only going to get better and what would it do to his confidence if he was 3rd choice.

2. Fazio, after 1 year in the premiership i'm sure he will be a better player this season, admitted he looked a bit gangly and made a couple of ricks last season,but he was a regular for Seville for his last 3 seasons so he can't be all bad.

3. It knocks some of the talented youngsters such as Velkovich further down the pecking order.

I'm assuming Vertonghen is going....but wait and see.

Atm dont seem like it normally theres at least a sniff of a rumor and theres been nothing

rijit

Why would you assume Vertonghen is going?

So u reckon run with Dier faz verity wimmer?

rijit

Wow thats worrying. Dier has the most potential imho but never seems to be allowed continuity in one position. Wimmer we haven't seen yet, but surely it'll take time for him to settle in. Fazio looks uncertain overtime the ball comes near him on the ground. Vertonghen decides when and where he wants to play at his best.

Lets pray Trippier is a success because if Walker plays you can guarantee our far post will be hopelessly exposed and leak goals galore.

I can see the worst defense in the league last season continuing to play like a bunch of w$%&*@!!!! Its an embarrassment.

The powers that be at Spurs need to wake up and smell the coffee. Our defense is nowhere near good enough to get us CL qualification. The only reason we managed to get as close as six points adrift was the goals contributed from Harry Kane.

Whilst they continue to look for footballers that can actually defend they could also do a lot worse than finding a top drawer defensive midfielder.

Edited by carmine