Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Hi chaps, I just got back from extended stint overseas.... Ready for the new season. Good to see the banter in here is as high class as ever. I heard the gooners were in severe financial difficulties, any truth in that?

Welcome bac ian

rijit

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

Good to see all the Tottenham faithful still here. Sorry to see the gooners still don't have their own (well supported) thread.

Looking for a really big season to follow on from the excellent against the odds finish last season. Much to look forward too, and some fair business done already. Need to ditch Soldadud and Ade, bring in some more ambitious youth to support and complement Harry up front.

Is Tom Carroll returning to the fray? Great to see Bentaleb settled.

Biggest negative once again is transfer window closure is out of sync with 8 August. Pray all business is concluded early and no unsettling last minute moves.

Not sure about carroll, he's fit again and wouldnt be a terrible squad player but tbh atm cant c.much.more for him with us

If thats accurate and he's happy with that we will see.

Seems were in the mids of revamping our defense, but our srike force,,, well thats where the large wonga comes into play and as

..all. on here have said we dont spend what we aint got, so until were rid and not forgetting the cost of the new stad. maybe we wont see the needed replacements. Personally i'de love berahino to come tailor made to play with kane imo.

rijit

Not sure about carroll, he's fit again and wouldnt be a terrible squad player but tbh atm cant c.much.more for him with us

Seems were in the mids of revamping our defense, but our srike force,,, well thats where the large wonga comes into play and as

..all. on here have said we dont spend what we aint got, so until were rid and not forgetting the cost of the new stad. maybe we wont see the needed replacements. Personally i'de love berahino to come tailor made to play with kane imo.

rijit

Suspect we'll see Soldado out and one striker in...no idea who though.

Yeah he's fav 2 go, cant see adeboy going i believe he's approaching the last year of his deal its either this aug or next august it finish's so i reckon he'll be looking to sit it out.

But the strike force defo needs freshening up no good relying /expecting kane 2 perform next season like he did last cos defences will be looking at him in a whole diferent light.

rijit

rijit

From 2 different ITK sources on a Spurs website :

If Poch had his way Soldado would stay and Ade goes is what I heard.

3 Spanish clubs have asked about Soldado, but Poch likes Bobby and would keep if he had to.

rijit

3 Spanish clubs have asked about Soldado, but Poch likes Bobby and would keep if he had to.

He's a very likeable guy by all accounts and works hard in training.

Just inexplicably he can't find the net any more.

rijit

He's a very likeable guy by all accounts and works hard in training.

Just inexplicably he can't find the net any more.

Reckon were partly to blame he spent all his relatively succesful career playing in a partnership up front and if the prem aint a dificult lge to adjust to anyway, what do we do to settle him in nicely you know relieve the pressure, give him time to adjust yep we play him for the first time in his career solo upfront ,,, for best part of half a season!!!.not the brightest managerial decision I' ve ever seen and unfortunatly the rests history!!

rijit

Edited by rijit

I agree with rijit on how the opposition will respond to Kane. There is already evidence back end of last season that he was effectively taken out of the game on occasions in a solo role, becoming too predictable. Not his fault. He needs effective partners up front and on the flanks.

• Like 1

Earlier today in the Standard....unusually Levy speaks

Spurs have already bought defenders Kevin Wimmer, Kieran Trippier and Toby Alderweireld this summer and are seeking reinforcements in central midfield and wide positions.

Levy is known for his transfer brinkmanship, often leaving deals until the final hours of the window. While he would not rule out a repeat this summer, he is trying to avoid another last-minute scramble.

The window will be reasonably busy, he said. We have already brought in four new players since the winter window and weve done deals for players who have now left.

At the moment it is fairly relaxed. I would anticipate that as the window goes on, the activity will happen in the last two weeks but we are trying to business early where we can.

Spurs have already bought defenders Kevin Wimmer, Kieran Trippier and Toby Alderweireld this summer and are seeking reinforcements in central midfield and wide positions.

Levy is known for his transfer brinkmanship, often leaving deals until the final hours of the window. While he would not rule out a repeat this summer, he is trying to avoid another last-minute scramble.

The window will be reasonably busy, he said. We have already brought in four new players since the winter window and weve done deals for players who have now left.

At the moment it is fairly relaxed. I would anticipate that as the window goes on, the activity will happen in the last two weeks but we are trying to business early where we can.

The most important addition left this window is a proper defensive mid mid that primarily screen the defense and allow central mid, Bentaleb to get forward more, where he's most effective.

Mason is just a very decent squad player.

The most important addition left this window is a proper defensive mid mid that primarily screen the defense and allow central mid, Bentaleb to get forward more, where he's most effective.

Sori.carmine but benteleb aint more effective getting forward what he does extemely well is he busts play up and gets things going. As for mason i'de like to rhink you were wrong but unfortunatly i've got a sneekiny feeling you might be right. This first half of the season could well be make or break for him imo.

rijit

Sori.carmine but benteleb aint more effective getting forward what he does extemely well is he busts play up and gets things going. As for mason i'de like to rhink you were wrong but unfortunatly i've got a sneekiny feeling you might be right. This first half of the season could well be make or break for him imo.

rijit

Well if Bentaleb isn't more effective getting further forward then perhaps his position in the side should be changed because he's not supposed to be a defensive midfielder busting up play. He's a central midfielder.

rijit

Well if Bentaleb isn't more effective getting further forward then perhaps his position in the side should be changed because he's not supposed to be a defensive midfielder busting up play. He's a central midfielder.

To be fair,i think the club must see him as more of a Viera type otherwise they wouldn't be after a defensive mid player.

This could well be the season Tom Carroll makes his mark.... If he is indeed returning to the fray?

Can't see Carroll cutting it with us. Would the inclusion of Carroll strengthen our bid to be a top four team. I very much doubt it.

Pritchard looks like he will, and the futures looking extremely bright for Winks, Onomah and Carter-Vickers although Winks might yet benefit from one more season on loan.

This could well be the season Tom Carroll makes his mark.... If he is indeed returning to the fray?

Can't see Carroll cutting it with us. Would the inclusion of Carroll strengthen our bid to be a top four team. I very much doubt it.

Pritchard looks like he will, and the futures looking extremely bright for Winks, Onomah and Carter-Vickers although Winks might yet benefit from one more season on loan.

Carroll has come back well from his injury, and is coming back to fitness. He has demonstrated his ability to link up with Harry Kane post season; they were brought up together and have a similar brain. Tom is Tottenham through and through, and Poncho has opened his mind up to our youth. Tom may not be the finished article, but he was eye catching at Swansea last season (a world away from Pritchard & Brentford). Most of the posters here had doubts about Harry early on - Rijit and me got that right. I say give Tom a chance.

• Like 1

I'de like to see both pritchard and carroll given chances but will they be? I"m no so sure. Normally.when players have succesful loans the clubs, certainly prem clubs, want to sign them, rose and walker spring to mind,there's been nothing from swansea that i've heard. ,They even had the <deleted> gale to moan about how much they paid when they bought/stole my little exeters star player england u 20 capt, mattty grimes who plays in a very similar role/style to tom grimes is a class act watch out for him. Pritchards got goals in him so may he stand a better chance? but where? hes lhs attacking , instead of erickson maybe push him more central? making the step up at tottenham? Ide like 2 c it, always good to see youth coming through but squad players atm is all i can see for them .lets hope carms and i are wrong. And they come and shake the team up.

rijit

Edited by rijit

Carroll has come back well from his injury, and is coming back to fitness. He has demonstrated his ability to link up with Harry Kane post season; they were brought up together and have a similar brain. Tom is Tottenham through and through, and Poncho has opened his mind up to our youth. Tom may not be the finished article, but he was eye catching at Swansea last season (a world away from Pritchard & Brentford). Most of the posters here had doubts about Harry early on - Rijit and me got that right. I say give Tom a chance.

To be fair Carroll only made 8 starts for Swansea in the league last season, now i'm not sure if the lack of appearances were down to injury or not but i'm of the thinking that if he's not good enough for Swansea then how is he good enough for us !

Lloris has fractured his wrist....should keep United at bay for a whilewink.png

Yes i feel sorry for Hugo, a wrist break is painful but i think that might just have scuppered a deal and give United that little bit extra incentive to dig their heels in.

Incidentally, what a disgraceful way to have treated a goalkeeper that was at the Bernabeu for 25 years. What a loathsome pox of a club Real Madrid is.

Yes i feel sorry for Hugo, a wrist break is painful but i think that might just have scuppered a deal and give United that little bit extra incentive to dig their heels in.

Incidentally, what a disgraceful way to have treated a goalkeeper that was at the Bernabeu for 25 years. What a loathsome pox of a club Real Madrid is.

Yeah but De Gea went on tour to the US, I don't think he would have done that if a deal had been imminent.

Yeah but De Gea went on tour to the US, I don't think he would have done that if a deal had been imminent.

Its not as if they don't have a perfectly decent back up keeper in Valdes.

However, they know the value of De Gea because its clear they would have been nowhere near a top four finish without him and the season he had.

Its not as if they don't have a perfectly decent back up keeper in Valdes.

However, they know the value of De Gea because its clear they would have been nowhere near a top four finish without him and the season he had.

Apparently Valdes has not been included in United's USA tour. The plot thickens.coffee1.gif

Bummer for you guys. Never celebrate off the pitch misfortune or serious injury even if to a competitor. Tempts fate our turn next

I'm actually of the mindset that we will get injuries early on again.

That way, if we don't, it's a bonus!

biggrin.png