Tottenham Thread

chonabot

He got injured on the 26th Sept against Man City, there's a possibility that he could feature

on Thursday or Sunday against the Arse according to these articles.

http://hotspurhq.com/2015/11/03/heung-min-son-could-return-ahead-of-tottenhams-clash-with-arsenal/?

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/tottenham/we_hear_he_s_back_to_full_strength_spurs_handed_arsenal_injury_boost_1_4293410

Although there's nothing official from the club, these articles state that the S Korea coach is expecting him to be near

full fitness to include him in the international squad for an upcoming match on the 12 Nov.

So it looks promising! thumbsup.gif

Talking of Son, these articles below are interesting, saying that The Arse scouts watched him 30

times last season and recommended him to Wenger.biggrin.png

http://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2015/10/29/9633716/son-was-coveted-by-arsenal-scouts

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/tsf-diary/29031/setting-the-agenda-massimo-cellino-son-heung-min-tim-sherwood-phil-jagielka/#slide-2

"Feet are scarily quick, can turn in any direction."

Probably how he got injured so quickly then.

cheesy.gif

He got injured on the 26th Sept against Man City, there's a possibility that he could feature

http://hotspurhq.com/2015/11/03/heung-min-son-could-return-ahead-of-tottenhams-clash-with-arsenal/?

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/tottenham/we_hear_he_s_back_to_full_strength_spurs_handed_arsenal_injury_boost_1_4293410

Although there's nothing official from the club, these articles state that the S Korea coach is expecting him to be near

full fitness to include him in the international squad for an upcoming match on the 12 Nov.

Talking of Son, these articles below are interesting, saying that The Arse scouts watched him 30

http://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2015/10/29/9633716/son-was-coveted-by-arsenal-scouts

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/tsf-diary/29031/setting-the-agenda-massimo-cellino-son-heung-min-tim-sherwood-phil-jagielka/#slide-2

cheesy.gif

Could be, it's been almost a constant for your fleet of foot forwards

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

cheesy.gif

That's a good point Chicog, how's wizzy Walcott and the Ox Chambermaid doing

with injuries these days? biggrin.png

Some good news for tonight and the weekend.

An extract taken from the BBC.

"forward Son Heung-min is in contention after six weeks out with a foot problem.

"Son is ready and in the squad for tomorrow," said Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino.

"We need to decide whether he can stay or be on the bench. He is much better and we are happy with the recovery."

Midfielder Nabil Bentaleb has also returned to training after two months out with an ankle problem but the midfielder is not yet match fit, while forward Clinton Njie is a doubt with a hamstring injury.

• Like 2

Bit early but who's gonna be off in January? Defo townsend, not just cos of the recent issue but watch.when he comes on no conversation /instructions from potts, think he's to limited for potts style. And unfortunatly Dembele just smacks of upping his game either looking for a new deal or a move. Both would atm fetch circa15 m each. Imo. Might be time to cash in?

Edited by rijit

Nice to see that a couple of ex pros rate our Central Partnership :

Keown told Daily Mail: “Jan Vertonghen and Toby Alderweireld have been very impressive and formed a real partnership together.”

Jermaine Jenas@jjenas8 Nov 5

I don't think there's a better pairing at the back this season in the premier league than @Jan_Vertonghen and @AlderweireldTob

Bit early but who's gonna be off in January? Defo townsend, not just cos of the recent issue but watch.when he comes on no conversation /instructions from potts, think he's to limited for potts style. And unfortunatly Dembele just smacks of upping his game either looking for a new deal or a move. Both would atm fetch circa15 m each. Imo. Might be time to cash in?

And what do you base that conspiracy theory on Rij ? i happen to think thats it a case of Poch instilling confidence in him and slightly changing his game and Dembele realizing that he has to up his game as he wants to be a regular in a good team.

My team for the derby;

Lloris

Walker Alderweirald Vertonghen Davies

Dier Alli

Lamela Dembele Eriksen

Kane

Kinda picks itself doesn't it! Can't wait for this one. Were so under the radar. No one seems to be taking us seriously, just saying were too young, not ready. This game is a great barometer in seeing how far we have come under Poch.

• Like 1

And what do you base that conspiracy theory on Rij ? i happen to think thats it a case of Poch instilling confidence in him and slightly changing his game and Dembele realizing that he has to up his game as he wants to be a regular in a good team.

Form of Dembele is a massive bonus for us. This guy is a match winner and i'm backing him to turn out another big performance tomorrow. He's blessed with huge natural talent and if at his best theres few better.

My team for the derby;

Lloris

Dier Alli

Lamela Dembele Eriksen

Kane

Kinda picks itself doesn't it! Can't wait for this one. Were so under the radar. No one seems to be taking us seriously, just saying were too young, not ready. This game is a great barometer in seeing how far we have come under Poch.

That should be it carms, the only change that might happen is perhaps Mason for Alli.

My team for the derby;

Lloris

Dier Alli

Lamela Dembele Eriksen

Kane

That should be it carms, the only change that might happen is perhaps Mason for Alli.

Yep Alli looked a little knackered against Anderlecht didn't he. Still think he'll start with the lad but he'll haul him off if things don't improve.

I also expect an appearance from Son but only as an impact sub. Hasn't played enough minutes since his return.

Form of Dembele is a massive bonus for us. This guy is a match winner and i'm backing him to turn out another big performance tomorrow. He's blessed with huge natural talent and if at his best theres few better.

When's his contract up?

When's his contract up?

18 months, i think.

My team for the derby;

Lloris

Dier Alli

Lamela Dembele Eriksen

Kane

Really impressive work from Pochettino and the squad to this point. Overachieving ? Hard to say. Luck knocking Arsenal a bit off City's tail tomorrow.thumbsup.gif

My team for the derby;

Lloris

Dier Alli

Lamela Dembele Eriksen

Kane

Really impressive work from Pochettino and the squad to this point. Overachieving ? Hard to say. Luck knocking Arsenal a bit off City's tail tomorrow.thumbsup.gif

I think a small wager on us might be fruitful. thumbsup.gif

I don't know about over achievement. This Spurs side is all about hard work. Its the Pochettino way which he in turn learn off his mentor Marcelo Bielsa, a name i know you are very aware of. All the old heads had to go because they either couldn't of wouldn't put the work in in training.

This season he finally has "his" squad that is on board with "his" doctrine and frankly its difficult to tell what is to be considered over or under achievement. Like i said, were beautifully sat under the radar which is the way we want it but unfortunately if we beat the Goons then some people might just start taking us a little more seriously.

• Like 1

My team for the derby;

Lloris

Dier Alli

Lamela Dembele Eriksen

Kane

Yep Alli looked a little knackered against Anderlecht didn't he. Still think he'll start with the lad but he'll haul him off if things don't improve.

I also expect an appearance from Son but only as an impact sub. Hasn't played enough minutes since his return.

If Son was 100% fit, would you have put him in your first 11?

And who would you have replaced him with?

My team for the derby;

Lloris

Dier Alli

Lamela Dembele Eriksen

Kane

If Son was 100% fit, would you have put him in your first 11?

And who would you have replaced him with?

Difficult question that! No is the answer because you simply can't drop Dembele in this form, Lamela is leading in assists and Eriksen the creative spark and free kick taker.

I would definitely give him a run out though, a good thirty minutes to see if he could make an impact.

Nice problem for Poch to have isn't it.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

If it HAD to be done. Than i suppose it would be between Erickson or lamella. As carmine said difficult one , i'de probably go lamella just on his goals record ..he be a miss though he only ever looks a pass away from opening a defence up.

Well I missed the first hour as I was working but we looked the part for the first 15 mins I saw before they scored. :D

Lamela looked dangerous!

Not too upset with the result but as I said didn't see the whole game.

Look forward to reading your comments.

pleasing performance,overall barring a few spells thought we bossed the game, our midfeild ran most of the game. however 2 nd team in a row to throw over as many x's as they can on another day giroud would have converted but as would have kane and they didnt so honors even isn't a terrible result , if anything slight disappointment we didn't wrap the game up .