Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Excellent performance. Annoyed with Alli for picking up that ridiculous yellow card and he'll miss the Chelsea game which is a blow. Unfortunately we have a horrid thursday night trip to the arse end of nowhere but we go into the derby with great momentum.

Excellent performance. Annoyed with Alli for picking up that ridiculous yellow card and he'll miss the Chelsea game which is a blow. Unfortunately we have a horrid thursday night trip to the arse end of nowhere but we go into the derby with great momentum.

It was worth it to see the indignation on Noble's face....that was priceless!

• Like 1

As carm said good performance

And without wanting to go overboard 4-1 wasn't a real reflection, should have been 6 0r 7

West ham were poor and offered v little. Watch out vary and.van n. Our ari's on the march.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It's a shame that Spurs had to ruin a good result result by stabbing our fans before the game.

No place for that in this day and age,a good old fashioned scrap ok but this is despicable.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/tottenham-stabbing-west-ham-fan-knifed-ahead-of-clash-with-spurs-at-white-hart-lane-a3120546.html

Its equally a shame that you have to bark on about the violence of a tiny minority and label the club and its decent supporters under the same umbrella.

99.9% of Spurs/football fans deplore such incidents as well you know.

Try sticking to football, as painful as it might be.wink.png

• Like 1

Spurs on a roll ,good to see.Early days but could well be the closest finish to a title for years.

Were too young and inexperienced. We also lack striker cover for Kane and decent cover for our first choice center backs. Add to that were still in that nonsense europa league will could well be our undoing. This thursday for example we have to 2000 mile flight to Azerbaijan and then play Chelsea at midday on sunday. Why couldn't the FA let us play on monday. Thats a ludicrous trip to have to make.

Its only november and the first eight weeks of next year will be telling. Liverpool showing signs of real improvement and have a number of players still to return from injury

• Like 2

Spurs on a roll ,good to see.Early days but could well be the closest finish to a title for years.

Were too young and inexperienced. We also lack striker cover for Kane and decent cover for our first choice center backs. Add to that were still in that nonsense europa league will could well be our undoing. This thursday for example we have to 2000 mile flight to Azerbaijan and then play Chelsea at midday on sunday. Why couldn't the FA let us play on monday. Thats a ludicrous trip to have to make.

Its only november and the first eight weeks of next year will be telling. Liverpool showing signs of real improvement and have a number of players still to return from injury

Also carms the stats show that teams who net spend as little as us find it very hard to get in the top 4 let alone win the title.

It's a shame that Spurs had to ruin a good result result by stabbing our fans before the game.

No place for that in this day and age,a good old fashioned scrap ok but this is despicable.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/tottenham-stabbing-west-ham-fan-knifed-ahead-of-clash-with-spurs-at-white-hart-lane-a3120546.html

Its equally a shame that you have to bark on about the violence of a tiny minority and label the club and its decent supporters under the same umbrella.

Not at all,I wasn't labelling the majority merely pointing out that such incidents are a blight on the premier league Per se,I've been to Tottenham away enough times to know that they like West Ham are a family orientated club except for the usual minority of idiots who think that this is 1985 not 2015.

In all honesty how can I comment on the game when we were simply so dire,there is nothing I can do or say to justify how crap we were.

Not at all,I wasn't labelling the majority merely pointing out that such incidents are a blight on the premier league Per se,I've been to Tottenham away enough times to know that they like West Ham are a family orientated club except for the usual minority of idiots who think that this is 1985 not 2015.

In all honesty how can I comment on the game when we were simply so dire,there is nothing I can do or say to justify how crap we were.

Interesting stat for you. At this stage of the season you have 20 points from 13 games which is the exact same start you made last season.

Also carms the stats show that teams who net spend as little as us find it very hard to get in the top 4 let alone win the title.

Its totally unrealistic imv that we are even close yet to a title challenge. And as you say, the usual suspects will just go out and spend millions to bolster their line ups whilst we will be bringing youngsters through the ranks to support the stadium funding.

I have a nasty feeling that thursday jaunt could undo us on sunday but the next five games after that are all winnable.

As Pochettino says, one game at a time.

Edited by carmine

Yes, forget title challenge twaddle, it would be massive over achievement just to finish in the top four.

Its totally unrealistic imv that we are even close yet to a title challenge. And as you say, the usual suspects will just go out and spend millions to bolster their line ups whilst we will be bringing youngsters through the ranks to support the stadium finding.

I have a nasty feeling that thursday jaunt could undo us on sunday but the next five games after that are all winnable.

As Pochettino says, one game at a time.

I think Potts should consider not taking the bulk of the regular starters for Thursday, and play the

ones who haven't been playing much this season.

We can afford to rest Lloris, and the whole back 4 that played yesterday.

Dembele, Dier, Son, Eriksen and Kane should also be left out.

Play Lamela, Townsend, Alli, Carrol and Mason with Onomah up front.

If we lose, we can still qualify by beating Monaco in the last game at home.

• Like 2

It's nice to see posters on here not getting too excited as happens on other threads after a good win rolleyes.gif

We're too busy enjoying our style of football and way too canny regards sqaud strength to expect anything other than 5th or 6th.

Its great football to watch....but I'm sure Man Yoo are delighted with their new George Graham at the helm!

Anyone notice, no center back cover on the bench again last night. Risky in the extreme imho because i certainly wouldn't want Dier pulled out of the holding role and i can't see who else could cover.

Regards thursday, bar Alli i don't reckon he should start with anyone that started last night. Sotsira has it spot on.

the Europa is an unvalued competition, worth little or no money with some ludicrously long journeys to make midweek. Its a boil on the arse of european football.

Spurs need to focus solely on the league and look for a good run in the FA cup. This high intensity style football comes at a price no matter how fit your squad is and we will fall into early burn out. Remember how we faded in the last fifteen against the goons?! I also remember Poch's Southampton side fading towards the end of the season. Aside of this its not worth risking injuries.

Anyone notice, no center back cover on the bench again last night. Risky in the extreme imho because i certainly wouldn't want Dier pulled out of the holding role and i can't see who else could cover.

Regards thursday, bar Alli i don't reckon he should start with anyone that started last night. Sotsira has it spot on.

the Europa is an unvalued competition, worth little or no money with some ludicrously long journeys to make midweek. Its a boil on the arse of european football.

Spurs need to focus solely on the league and look for a good run in the FA cup. This high intensity style football comes at a price no matter how fit your squad is and we will fall into early burn out. Remember how we faded in the last fifteen against the goons?! I also remember Poch's Southampton side fading towards the end of the season. Aside of this its not worth risking injuries.

Its definitely one to let all the kids show their worth...and of course an appropriate punishment for Alli for his amusing hard man moment! laugh.png

Carter-Vickers, Veljkocic, Alli, Winks, Onomah.....all names I want to see in the team for Thursday night.

If that is the kind of side he plays I'll be nipping down to the pub to watch it.

As Alfredo said I'm bored of watching our superstar first team...way too consistent. laugh.png