Tottenham Thread

chonabot

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Levy looked furious after the final whistle when the pitch invasion started!  What did he expect?  Everyone to sit calmly in their seats until the Legends Parade?

As for the game,  the scoreline would suggest a close match but infact it was totally one sided,  perhaps a refund to the traveling away support might be appropriate, as he puts the entire season on one game, a game that will define a season of a european trophy and Champions league qualification or a season that will be looked back on as a disaster.  Hardly the scenario the owners would have envisaged when the hired Mourinho but hey ho, the United guys on here seem delighted with the style of play,the results and their perceived progress so good luck to them.

From a Spurs perspective it wasn't interesting to see Eriksen get man marked and impressive seeing how well he coped with it.  Thought Dele was playing too deep in the first half but improved in the second.  Other than that the main talking point was the omission of Walker from the starting line up and word is he's lost his power struggle with the manager and is nailed on to go to City at the right price.  

Just to correct;  it "was" interesting to see Eriksen man marked.  I thought the United lad did well but Eriksen still managed a MOM performance.  

Is Ben Davies the best 2nd string left back in the league!!?  I'd have thought so.

12 minutes ago, carmine said:

I was simply replying to BB's reference to us and Chelsea.  

Fair enough. It's just I have these conversations at work and when I explain the current situation people are surprised at how much our finances are in such good shape. They don't realise we are now the 2nd top club in terms of turnover. Our owner is a savvy guy and had a plan to invest and turn us into a force. He didn't intend to invest so heavily, so early and wanted to build up more gradually but the introduction of FFP forced his hand. BTW the fine we got from UEFA (PSG as well) has been almost paid back to us in full due to us balancing the books in accordance with their rules. That's why when you said Chelsea have made a greater effort to balance their books, I had to jump in because it's all becoming a myth nowadays.

12 minutes ago, carmine said:

I'm more interested in how much you will be paying us for Walker and concerned about how much you will pay him because that might unsettle some other players.

I still don't want Walker and still hope Pep doesn't go for him. The thing is, we need more English born players at the moment until those academy players come through. Those 5 year old's have been around a few years but are still only about 9 or 10 now :laugh:

Carmine
"Oh for heavens sake will you stop whining!!!"
When you going to understand that people other than you have opinions and by posting their opinion it doesn't mean they are whining. Also stop being so defensive when people (or is just me) come on the spurs forum.

"I was simply replying to BB's reference to us and Chelsea."
I wasn't referring to Spurs in particular, I referred to this forum (TV football)...I posted on here as I was responding to your post on Walker.

Mr Bo J. Your owner has done an absolutely marvelloius job scouring the globe to find shirt and stadium sponsors prepared to commit such huge sums. Well done that man!

Edited by champers
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, champers said:

Mr Bo J. Your owner has done an absolutely marvelloius job scouring the globe to find shirt and stadium sponsors prepared to commit such huge sums. Well done that man!

Every little helps, champers. Every little helps

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Mai khow jai Ronnie.

Could you please expand on what bit of our youth team is "bwahahahaha"

How many of your youth team players have made the breakthrough into the first team?

Who will be next do you think?

Oh wait your team is still ten years old....make sure one of them is a ginger midfielder! :post-4641-1156694572:

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

How many of your youth team players have made the breakthrough into the first team?

Oh wait your team is still ten years old....make sure one of them is a ginger midfielder! :post-4641-1156694572:

Oy Ronnie, you're stealing Alfredo's and Carmine's thunder, you need to back off or they will have nothing to say on here :post-4641-1156693976:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Same old, same old. You Spurs fans just churn out the same old, same old. You get giddy over finishing 2nd. It's like when you see kids having too much fizzy drinks.

Our new academy has been going for 4 years now and is attracting talented kids that would previously have gone to United. I think with the facility that our owner has built, it's quite obvious as to his vision on the future youth. I'm happy to give them time but as your current youth is the only thing left for Spurs to gloat about, I suppose you have no choice eh :thumbsup:

13 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Same old, same old. You Spurs fans just churn out the same old, same old. You get giddy over finishing 2nd. It's like when you see kids having too much fizzy drinks.

Our new academy has been going for 4 years now and is attracting talented kids that would previously have gone to United. I think with the facility that our owner has built, it's quite obvious as to his vision on the future youth. I'm happy to give them time but as your current youth is the only thing left for Spurs to gloat about, I suppose you have no choice eh :thumbsup:

Yes same old as another of our youngsters breaks through into the first team.

Glad you are enjoying the show! :clap2:

The final game at WHL was a memorable one . Now we are only left with the good memories and some bad ones over the last 100 years. 

26 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'm just concerned that with the time your youth squad is taking I might need to buy some specs and a walking stick if I'm ever to see them play at the council ground.

Don't be too concerned Ronnie. I waited decades for City to do anything memorable, so I can wait for the youth to come through.

BTW. Those decades of waiting were worth it though, as we now have 2 Prem titles. What have you got exactly?:post-4641-1156694572:

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

It's strange that you keep on about a new academy (4 years old) and it's going to take time for youngsters to come through and 5 and 6 years old's blah blah but an article  i read the other day a fella  was talking about being at the academy ten years next year (nowhere do they mention a new Academy that is 4 years old) and it takes 10 years to build a solid academy and that they on for that time frame.

Plus he mentions under 9's  so all in all he seems to have a completely different perspective of the Academy that you have, strange that !

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Don't be too concerned Ronnie. I waited decades for City to do anything memorable, so I can wait for the youth to come through.

BTW. Those decades of waiting were worth it though, as we now have 2 Prem titles. What have you got exactly?:post-4641-1156694572:

A better team than you ?

• Like 1

^MrBj I would have just answered by posting the pic of the Premier pot which Spurs ain't got. It's great having a great academy if spurs academy is great, and its great having a very low nett spend as we're often told by tweedledee and tweedledum, but it's all about winning trophies in it ;-)

7 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

A better team than City that has won what exactly?

How many times do i have to show you Trigg 

MAJOR HONOURS

Football League Champions: 1950/1951, 1960/1961
The FA Cup Winners: 1900/1901, 1920/1921, 1960/1961, 1961/1962, 1966/1967, 1980/1981, 1981/1982, 1990/1991
Football League Cup Winners: 1970/1971, 1972/1973, 1998/1999, 2007/2008
European Cup-Winners Cup Winners: 1962/1963
UEFA Cup Winners: 1971/1972, 1983/1984
Football League Division Two Champions: 1919/1920, 1949/1950
FA Charity Shield Winners: 1920/1921, 1951/1952, 1961/1962, 1962/1963, 1967/1968 (joint), 1981/1982 (joint), 1991/1992 (joint)

You keep mentioning trophies Trigg and i have to keep showing you this Trigg, perhaps one day you'll get it that we have won more Trophies than your mob trigg :cheesy:

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

How many times do i have to show you Trigg 

MAJOR HONOURS

Football League Champions: 1950/1951, 1960/1961
The FA Cup Winners: 1900/1901, 1920/1921, 1960/1961, 1961/1962, 1966/1967, 1980/1981, 1981/1982, 1990/1991
Football League Cup Winners: 1970/1971, 1972/1973, 1998/1999, 2007/2008
European Cup-Winners Cup Winners: 1962/1963
UEFA Cup Winners: 1971/1972, 1983/1984
Football League Division Two Champions: 1919/1920, 1949/1950
FA Charity Shield Winners: 1920/1921, 1951/1952, 1961/1962, 1962/1963, 1967/1968 (joint), 1981/1982 (joint), 1991/1992 (joint)

You keep mentioning trophies Trigg and i have to keep showing you this Trigg, perhaps one day you'll get it that we have more Trophies than your mob trigg :cheesy:

Carms always tells Petermik to stop harping on about history. Perhaps he needs a word in your shell like.

With all of that waffle above Alfie, what you are basically saying to us is that in this day and age, your club are frugal and bring in youth but with that philosophy you ain't won anything in 9 years.

Gottcha. Why didn't you just say that.

16 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

that has won what exactly?

Carms always tells Petermik to stop harping on about history. Perhaps he needs a word in your shell like.

With all of that waffle above Alfie, what you are basically saying to us is that in this day and age, your club are frugal and bring in youth but with that philosophy you ain't won anything in 9 years.

Gottcha. Why didn't you just say that.

Trigg asked the question, "that has won what exactly?" so i answered him, sorry if i was wrong in doing that, or is their a cut off time in the past that i can't go past ?  or are you saying i shouldn't have answered him ? Anyway while you 2 keep asking i will keep putting up our trophy haul !

Footnote : iv'e actually saved it now so it's at hand all the time :smile:

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Subjective and a matter of opinion. Have you got anything to show for that opinion in recent years?

Please define 'recent years'.

I suspect you mean maybe oh let's see...since 2008?

:biggrin:

33 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Please define 'recent years'.

I suspect you mean maybe oh let's see...since 2008?

:biggrin:

You don't care though right you just like the football win lose or draw as long as it's easy on the eye.

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Football League Champions: 1950/1951, 1960/1961"
That's what it's all about...champions of England. How many years is it now...56 years. We ain't won a lot of them in that time but we've won THREE to your NIL.
Trigger that muppets ;-)

Keep burning your money BB.

One day you will realise Tottenham now has a chairman committed to the best future of the club combined with a manager who knows how to build a team around young developing players.

The future for our club is very very good indeed.

Oh and with the owner we have there is no pressing need to sell players at all.

In fact if you really look at the likes of Bale and Modric sales they only left because the players themselves wanted it, and to be fair Real Madrid is not an option for many players at all at any point in their career.

^MauU..Liverpool. .arsenal. .Chelsea. .Everton. .Man City..Leeds..Derby..Forest..Blackburn. .Villa. .Ipswich. .Leicester. ...
You can dress it up any way you want, you can talk about your Academy, your nett spend, your great team, your chairman, your policy, Podgyytino...but you ain't got one of those pots in the past FIFTY-SIX YEARS....Trigg!

Edited by Bredbury Blue

18 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^MauU..Liverpool. .arsenal. .Chelsea. .Everton. .Man City..Leeds..Derby..Forest..Blackburn. .Villa. .Ipswich. .Leicester. ...
You can dress it up any way you want, you can talk about your Academy, your nett spend, your great team, your chairman, your policy, Podgyytino...but you ain't got one of those pots in the past FIFTY-SIX YEARS....Trigg!

The ugly face of the modern game.  :biggrin: