Tottenham Thread

chonabot

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Subjective and a matter of opinion. Have you got anything to show for that opinion in recent years?

A Socially responsible Club thats GENUINELY run within in fair play restrictions, a productive youth system and a first team thats  been put together relatively cheaply as  opposed  a club thats run by a tribe of hill billy inbred socially retarded robber barons looking for western credibilty thats turned into a graveyard  for expensive overpriced over rated talent but hey alls well cos the <deleted> fans  are content with the bragging rights.

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Please define 'recent years'.

You be the judge ronnie

recent
ˈriːs(ə)nt/
adjective
  1. 1.
    having happened, begun, or been done not long ago; belonging to a past period comparatively close to the present.

7 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

A Socially responsible Club thats GENUINELY run within in fair play restrictions, a productive youth system and a first team thats  been put together relatively cheaply as  opposed  a club thats run by a tribe of hill billy inbred socially retarded robber barons looking for western credibilty thats turned into a graveyard  for expensive overpriced over rated talent but hey alls well cos the <deleted> fans  are content with the bragging rights.

Well now you've got that off your chest. What have you got to show for it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Integrity and CL qualification. :biggrin:

NO point in talking integrity to man city fans living on ill gotten gains in a publicly funded stadium !! meanwhile spunking away astronomical amounts of money on <deleted> transfers And wherein the table have your morally questionable  gains got u in the prem for the last 2 seasons ? Not below us by any chance. And meanwhile despite an open ended cheque book super saviour pep struggles to put a decent defence together!!. Oh i almost forgot he doesnt coach  tackles!!!!  if it wasnt sad one could laugh.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"as  opposed  a club thats run by a tribe of hill billy inbred socially retarded robber barons looking for western credibilty."

Bit racist that isn't it!

You're not in Kansas now Dorothy! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

"as  opposed  a club thats run by a tribe of hill billy inbred socially retarded robber barons looking for western credibilty."

Bit racist that isn't it!

Where exactly did i mention race? And barring the   western bit i'de happily say the same applies for all  royal families esp the english.

9 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

NO point in talking integrity to man city fans living on ill gotten gains in a publicly funded stadium !! meanwhile spunking away astronomical amounts of money on <deleted> transfers And wherein the table have your morally questionable  gains got u in the prem for the last 2 seasons ? Not below us by any chance. And meanwhile despite an open ended cheque book super saviour pep struggles to put a decent defence together!!. Oh i almost forgot he doesnt coach  tackles!!!!  if it wasnt sad one could laugh.

Do you always go into a rant when losing a debate?

16 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Ill gotten gains that's rich. Do you know who owns THFC. Boy done good but you don't do it that fast that much without cutting a fair few corners and maybe betting on the collapse of a currency or two.

• Like 1

For a club of your size (you were known as one of “the Big 5” that forced the Premier on us with Arsenal, the Scouse pair and ManU), your record of winning the championship this past six decades is VERY poor – and yes we will keep reminding you of that - and yet some of your buddies on here flit around the threads imparting their ‘wisdom’, constantly having a pop, always having the most to say.

Now we all know i am no fan of ManU, but some of your lot are on their thread everyday trying to wind them up; you lot trying to wind up ManU, I ask you, it's laughable, and you wonder why PeterMilk keeps throwing their titles in your face! Well done Red! Still they will be on the ManU thread, on the City thread, on the Arsenal thread, the Liverpool thread, tomorrow and most days, doing the exact same not appreciating that until you win something we’ll be laughing at them. <deleted> Trigg! 

Good here isn’t it

The funny thing is BB that they go on about integrity but they have sacked 12 managers since ENIC took over. City have had 8 managers in that time. I'm sure all those managers feel Levy has integrity.

They also go on about net spend. But that is all tosh as well. Out of the first 10 years that ENIC took over, they spent more than they sold for 9 of those years. Yeah, they got a bumper jackpot selling Bale but this year they spent 27mil more than they sold. Glass houses and all that. Personally, I don't want to sell a player for more than we paid. I want us to get the best years out of his life, like with Zabbaleta. We paid £6,500,000 for him in 2008 and at the end of the season he is going on a free. What a fantastic servant he has been and money well spent IMO. 

In summary. Since the premier league began, Spurs have spent £727,500,000 and sold £557,667,500. Meaning they have spent £169,832,500 more than they have sold. Knew I should have checked out that net spend malarkey sooner.

http://www.transferleague.hospitalradio.ie/tottenham-hotspur/english-football-teams/tottenham-hotspur-transfers

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

In summary. Since the premier league began, Spurs have spent £727,500,000 and sold £557,667,500. Meaning they have spent £169,832,500 more than they have sold. Knew I should have checked out that net spend malarkey sooner.

We were wondering when you would nail us on this mrboj cos we are guilty as sin.

If you work out the figures as I just did using my trusty calculator it shows we have spent 6,793 quid more than we brought in per year since 1992/1993 season started.

Disgraceful.

How much have your lot spent since 2008 I wonder per year? :post-4641-1156694572:

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

We were wondering when you would nail us on this mrboj cos we are guilty as sin.

If you work out the figures as I just did using my trusty calculator it shows we have spent 6,793 quid more than we brought in per year since 1992/1993 season started.

Disgraceful.

How much have your lot spent since 2008 I wonder per year? :post-4641-1156694572:

Aren't you reading my point Ronnie?

I don't give a hoot about the net spend. I want to buy a player and get my monies worth out of him on the park. I want him to have a career at City and if he stays for years and years it means we bought well and he contributed. The fact that after he has finished and you get naff all for him just means that you bought a player you wanted to keep hold of. Isn't that the whole point of buying them?

47 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Aren't you reading my point Ronnie?

I don't give a hoot about the net spend. I want to buy a player and get my monies worth out of him on the park. I want him to have a career at City and if he stays for years and years it means we bought well and he contributed. The fact that after he has finished and you get naff all for him just means that you bought a player you wanted to keep hold of. Isn't that the whole point of buying them?

On this we have agreement.

I hope several of our best players don't leave until they reach a Walkerish stage of their career....then 50m quid will do nicely.

All major credit cards accepted. :smile:

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Do you always go into a rant when losing a debate?

only when A/ we've got a better team.

B/ when we've already qualified for europe

c/ when we dont need to scam the fair play authoroties

D/ aint heavily and fined banned from signing young players

E/ Our managers signs TWO decent goalkeepers.

3 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Ill gotten gains that's rich. Do you know who owns THFC. Boy done good but you don't do it that fast that much without cutting a fair few corners and maybe betting on the collapse of a currency or two.

Really and i was almost thinking you had something in between your ears other than air.!!

go look up what the man city owners rule over and perpetuate, legal public stoning, flogging ,being gay is illegal and punishable by death. And females,, well,, need i go on, and

18 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

only when A/ we've got a better team.

B/ when we've already qualified for europe

c/ when we dont need to scam the fair play authoroties

D/ aint heavily and fined banned from signing young players

E/ Our managers signs TWO decent goalkeepers.

I sense just a whiff of vitriol there 3 minus 2

13 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Really and i was almost thinking you had something in between your ears other than air.!!

go look up what the man city owners rule over and perpetuate, legal public stoning, flogging ,being gay is illegal and punishable by death. And females,, well,, need i go on, and

Have you forgotten about british history? It wasn't that long ago that was the same in britain

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Have you forgotten about british history? It wasn't that long ago that was the same in britain

what absolute nonsense , when was it ever legal to stone someone to death for adultry and when was the death penalty ever in place for homesexuality? If your gonna try and defend the indefensible all in the name of your football club, try and make the conversation rational and balanced , dificult i know but there u go.

mrbojangles said:

Our new academy has been going for 4 years now and is attracting talented kids that would previously have gone to United

Please stop trying to mislead people by calling it a new Academy.

You might have a new complex and new idea's for the Academy but the actual Academy ( as in boy's being coached etc ) has been around since 1998.

Youth football in England was restructured by the Football Association in 1997, with the introduction of the Academy system. Current International Youth Academy Director Jim Cassell joined from Oldham Athletic in July 1997 and was responsible for building Manchester City's youth structure, which gained Academy accreditation in 1998.

I appreciate why you call it a new Academy as that then gives you an excuse for not bringing any youngster's through into the 1st team.

Incidentally other clubs have new complexes etc etc,  but you don't hear them keep calling it a New Academy ! 

Edited by alfieconn

3 hours ago, carmine said:

Funnily enough, when City pay us for Walker the proceeds will pay for our academy. :smile: 

Not bad for a full back thats been covered by Toby Alderweirald for the past two years!!

Well if Walker joins us,

• we can obviously afford him and want him,
  • you get proceeds for your academy,
  • Walker will join a club where he wants to be and might win a few things,

so everybody is happy. :smile:

8 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

what absolute nonsense , when was it ever legal to stone someone to death for adultry and when was the death penalty ever in place for homesexuality? If your gonna try and defend the indefensible all in the name of your football club, try and make the conversation rational and balanced , dificult i know but there u go.

On the same note 32 if your gonna chuck all the middle east's differentials at football club owners I think it is you being unrational. Do they get a lot of protesters outside city then?

23 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Well if Walker joins us,

• we can obviously afford him and want him,
  • you get proceeds for your academy,
  • Walker will join a club where he wants to be and might win a few things,

so everybody is happy. :smile:

between the "be" and "and" you missed out "for the money" :biggrin:

Edited by alfieconn

5 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Please stop trying to mislead people by calling it a new Academy.

You might have a new complex and new idea's for the Academy but the actual Academy ( as in boy's being coached etc ) has been around since 1998.

I've explained it to you several times alfie. Don't blame me if the information isn't sticking :thumbsup:

• Like 1