Tottenham Thread

chonabot

8 minutes ago, wilai said:

Walker-Peters is playing LB for England kids (not as good as the pair of scousers in front of him at RB?):wink:. But he doesn't look too bad there so could also cover Rose if required.

WP has done well but still plenty of work for him to be a first team regular.

10 hours ago, wilai said:

Walker-Peters is playing LB for England kids (not as good as the pair of scousers in front of him at RB?):wink:. But he doesn't look too bad there so could also cover Rose if required.

Ben Davies is great back up but he isn't the attacking threat Rose is.

With the way Ben Davies has played during the later half of last season, and so far this season,

i would make him first choice ahead of Rose when he returns from injury, which could be next month.

When Rose does return, he'll need to earn his place back which could take until after Jan or Feb if he's

lucky.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sotsira said:

With the way Ben Davies has played during the later half of last season, and so far this season,

i would make him first choice ahead of Rose when he returns from injury, which could be next month.

When Rose does return, he'll need to earn his place back which could take until after Jan or Feb if he's

lucky.

It will interesting.  

Now the big question remains , when will we win our first league game at Wembley ?

It will happen on Saturday for sure.  :shock1:

Bournemouth  had a terrible start of the season  , I expect us to win 3-1. 

Didn't play great but a deserved win.  I think minds might have been on tuesday night.  Should have scored more and killed the game off.

We appear to have a very major problem at left back, with Rose and seemingly Davies both out.  I really don't fancy Kyle Walker-Peters up against Ronaldo, a good experience though it would be!!

4 hours ago, carmine said:

Didn't play great but a deserved win.  I think minds might have been on tuesday night.  Should have scored more and killed the game off.

We appear to have a very major problem at left back, with Rose and seemingly Davies both out.  I really don't fancy Kyle Walker-Peters up against Ronaldo, a good experience though it would be!!

Rose is very much back in training but I suspect Madrid is at least a week too early even though he will be desperate to play.

Whoever starts it will be one hell of a task!

19 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Rose is very much back in training but I suspect Madrid is at least a week too early even though he will be desperate to play.

Whoever starts it will be one hell of a task!

If Davies is out which is almost certain, Vertonghen will play left back and Forth/Dier  at center back pending on Wanyama's availability.  Thats my guess but i doubt also if Wanyama is ready, or lets say, match fit.  

This is also the type of game where we really need an in form Moussa Dembele.  Well actually, more like a fully fit best starting eleven!  

Next eight games.  We really need to get our injured players back to fitness!!!  Its going to be a tough.

Madrid        A

Liverpool    H

West Ham  H

Man Utd     A

Madrid       H

Palace       H

Arsenal     A

Dortmund A

5 hours ago, carmine said:

If Davies is out which is almost certain, Vertonghen will play left back and Forth/Dier  at center back pending on Wanyama's availability.  Thats my guess but i doubt also if Wanyama is ready, or lets say, match fit.  

This is also the type of game where we really need an in form Moussa Dembele.  Well actually, more like a fully fit best starting eleven!  

The Madrid game will be a matter of containing them for most of the match and try and 

catch them on the break, so for me, i would start with 4 2 3 1 and maybe change it if need

be as the match plans out.

This would be my starting 11:-

Lloris

Aurier                            Sanchez                                   Toby                          Vertonghen 

Dier                                         Winks

Sissoko                                              Eriksen                                       Son

Kane

NB: If Dembele is match fit then i would start him instead of Winks, but i don't think 

he would be considering he wasn't on the bench on Saturday.

The other concern is we won't have much option off the bench apart from Lorente.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sotsira said:

The Madrid game will be a matter of containing them for most of the match and try and 

catch them on the break, so for me, i would start with 4 2 3 1 and maybe change it if need

be as the match plans out.

This would be my starting 11:-

Lloris

Aurier                            Sanchez                                   Toby                          Vertonghen 

Dier                                         Winks

Sissoko                                              Eriksen                                       Son

Kane

NB: If Dembele is match fit then i would start him instead of Winks, but i don't think 

he would be considering he wasn't on the bench on Saturday.

The other concern is we won't have much option off the bench apart from Lorente.

Agree with all of that.  My team too and the one i think Poch will select.  Dembele won' t be fit which is a big big blow.

Well this could be a nice surprise, apparently Danny Rose and Mousa Dembele have flown 

out with the squad to Madrid.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/10/16/photo-mousa-dembele-and-danny-rose-in-tottenham-hotspur-squad-tr/

Rose will probably be on the bench, Dembele could start and play maybe 60mins.

So better options for Poch and a stronger bench.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Wembley sold out for the Liverpool game on sunday.  

Was speaking to a pal about this the other day.

The issue for many fans is the cost.

Going to a game now is likely to cost you a hundred quid when you factor in travel and refreshment pricing.

Given rising cost of living and stagnant wages it means a lot of fans are picking and choosing which games to attend rather than doing a full season.

Games like Stoke or Brighton can be had for twenty quid where its double that for the mickeys to sit in the same seat. This is annoying for fans and some are simply boycotting the big games as a result bearing in mind these will fill out anyway.

Just a few meanderings from the Sarf East mate....the bottom line is with Bronze membership I can pick and choose any game....we'll see if that's the case next season!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Games like Stoke or Brighton can be had for twenty quid where its double that for the mickeys to sit in the same seat. This is annoying for fans and some are simply boycotting the big games as a result bearing in mind these will fill out anyway.

I think that's been the case with most clubs for years hasn't it? Class A, B and C matches at different prices. The likes of United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal would be Class A, whereas Brighton, B'mouth, Watford would be Class C

• Like 1

Terrific team performance and brilliant tactics from the manager.  This team was very under strength too, Dembele, Wanyama and Dele would all have started if at full strength, added with injury and absence of Davies and the bench looked very wanting, offering Poch little options.

I think playing two upfront fooled everyone and so clever it was too.  Rest of the team all stuck to their guns, so its not right to single anyone out (other than young Winks having a higher pass accuracy than Modric and not looking in anyway overawed by the occasion, and a continually improving Sissoko who seems to be towing the Pochettino line)

A very satisfying point, and if he's happy to stay long term as he says give Poch a new, very long contract.

• Like 1

Well we've passed the first big test of the week in proving that we could mix it with Real Madrid at the Bernabeu.  Next is making sure we can put that aside and beat a dangerous Liverpool side on sunday. This eight game period will quite possibly define our season although i expect to media to still be barking on about the "Wembley effect" in may regardless of how well we've performed there.  Its their new "thing" until the season ends when they can start on about us losing all our players again, the manager being poached and all the other <deleted>.

Regards the weekend, we should have Dembele and Rose available,  hopefully Davies too.  Still no Wanyama unless anyones heard different.

• Like 1

I have to admit I was off my barstool and celebrating as Kane hit a sweet shot past Navas....I couldn't believe it had gone wide and only realised what a fantastic save it was on the replay.

Two superb goalkeepers out there last night.

27 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I have to admit I was off my barstool and celebrating as Kane hit a sweet shot past Navas....I couldn't believe it had gone wide and only realised what a fantastic save it was on the replay.

Two superb goalkeepers out there last night.

Kane should have scored.  Lovely ball by Llorente.  Winks is really starting to impress me showing much more attacking flair this season than i've seen before, but then again he's very young.

Once Poch gets Aurier's defensive discipline sorted which he will that lads going to be very good indeed.

Most satisfying thing about the game for me was the performance based on a weakened side and Eriksen and Kane far from their best.  It shows we have real depth and four players back soon from injury.

Can't wait for sunday.

• Like 1