Tottenham Thread

chonabot

10 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

No probs Bob, but probably means your be playing the qualifying round again :tongue:

I am sure that England's top 4 are straight into the group stage; new rules from next season. Pipe and slippers are in order. ☺

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, champers said:

I am sure that England's top 4 are straight into the group stage; new rules from next season. Pipe and slippers are in order. ☺

New UEFA rules: Announced end of Feb 2018

Group stage

For 2018/19 they will be ...
UEFA Champions League holders (1)
UEFA Europa League holders (1)
Top four from associations ranked 1st to 4th: Spain, Germany, England, Italy (16)
Top two from associations ranked 5th and 6th: France, Russia (4)
Champions of associations ranked 7th to 10th: Portugal, Ukraine, Belgium, Turkey (4)

• If the UEFA Champions League holders have qualified for the group stage via their domestic championship, the vacancy will be filled by the champions of the association ranked 11th (Czech Republic), who otherwise compete in the champions path
  • If the UEFA Europa League holders have qualified for the group stage via their domestic championship, the vacancy will be filled by the third-placed club from the association ranked fifth (France), who otherwise compete in the league path
  • An association may have a maximum of five teams in the group stage

Edited by wilai
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Unless the rules have changed again,

i'm not so sure how you come to that conclusion.

Yeah, just checking it. Definitely read about the issue not long ago (in L'pool Echo so as it's Mirror Group it could have been wrong!)....Looks like it was!

Edited by wilai

3 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Unless the rules have changed again,

i'm not so sure how you come to that conclusion.

The only way 4th could lose out on CL was if 2 EPL teams outside the top 4 won the. CL and Europa. Not possible now 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

Yes  but another early exit beckons

I wonder how many top players will be clamouring to join the roman empire in the summer with the prospect of Thursday or no European football.

Hilarious really.

7 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I wonder how many top players will be clamouring to join the roman empire in the summer with the prospect of Thursday or no European football.

Hilarious really.

C/sea have been in the same sitiuation before,and we know what happen there

C/sea always  pay their players above the going rate, which is any players goal so perhaps a further wage incentive will take of your nonsense

Hilarious no way ,you are the fluffing clown  BTW Spuds are not over the line yet for C/L qualification

12 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I tgink you've overdone the BeerLao today old chap. :post-4641-1156694572:

never ever over  Til The Fat Lady  Sings. 

One would have thought ,Spuds have won the Epl  title , looking at the celebrations etc etc.but a possible C/L place looks best

but you Spuds are such a deluded bunch of fluffers

3 hours ago, evenstevens said:

never ever over  Til The Fat Lady  Sings. 

One would have thought ,Spuds have won the Epl  title , looking at the celebrations etc etc.but a possible C/L place looks best

but you Spuds are such a deluded bunch of fluffers

You keep looking over your shoulder because the mad professor is gunning for your Thursday night adventure.

Small club small minds and how much do the club owe Roman now?

7 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You keep looking over your shoulder because the mad professor is gunning for your Thursday night adventure.

This is how thick you really  are

Since Roman took over the reins,C/sea have been the most sucessful club in England,     Loser Levy ,  Spuds  2 decade tenure  2 league cups

Spuds  EPL performances, are no better then the season before, if any a tad short, but here you are gloating about C/sea present  demise  simply on one nice win in 28 yrs at The Bridge and a possible C/L position, ,  its planks like you who have not the mental  courage to look at their own performances, before slagging off C/sea diabolical season, E/S could see this night mare coming back in Sept (approx)     Yes   C/sea are at cross roads for a multitude of very good reasons, but we have been there before during Romans Rule ,and if you had, any nounce, wait to see if we pile up at this present cross road,then fire away,  in summing up you are one big thick plank on C/sea,s  present demise , no sound  footbal knowledge whats so ever ,just a big mug of a comedian on the Footy Forum  and thats wearing thin

Interesting that the usual suspects are not mentioning anything about Kane since we won all our games without him and banged in a load of goals!!!  interesting that no ones commented on Davinson Sanchez's performance in relation to Toby's continued absence!!  If Pep had actually done his homework regards Kane injuries he wouldn't have sounded such a dick with his Harry Kane team comment

Probably about time to continue the "all your players will be leaving" chestnut.....

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

Interesting that the usual suspects are not mentioning anything about Kane since we won all our games without him and banged in a load of goals!!!  interesting that no ones commented on Davinson Sanchez's performance in relation to Toby's continued absence!!  If Pep had actually done his homework regards Kane injuries he wouldn't have sounded such a dick with his Harry Kane team comment

Probably about time to continue the "all your players will be leaving" chestnut.....

Sanchez with a great game save for that one whiff.:smile: Seriously.

Why don't you give it up about Pep Carms. You're starting to look as bad as some of the posters you criticize.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Sanchez with a great game save for that one whiff.:smile: Seriously.

Why don't you give it up about Pep Carms. You're starting to look as bad as some of the posters you criticize.

Alright i will, just thought i'd given him too much praise recently!!:smile:

Sanchez is eight years younger than Toby, not as good as him yet but will be a seriously good player.  His seamless adjustment to the EPL at such a young age and his maturity is very impressive.  Its also given Poch the option to offload Toby in the summer for a bundle of cash which wouldn't have been an option six months ago.  Thing with Toby is his age compared to Sanchez.  Still think a match fit Alderweiraldis possibly the best center back in the league mind but at the end of the day he hasn't played a league game since last october and we can do without him.

Vertonghen so far is my Spurs player of the season.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Yeah, Sanchez is a big talent, no question about it.

The thing that gets me going about Toby is that there is clearly something going on other than his injury issues. And I agree that he wants a big contract, and Spurs don't want to pay up to keep him when they are set with Sanchez and Vertonghen. Fair play to both sides, but if there wasn't some sort of off pitch dispute/issue Toby would certainly be on the bench.

And with that I will end my what the <deleted> is going on with Toby posts.:smile:

3 minutes ago, jellydog said:

The thing that gets me going about Toby is that there is clearly something going on other than his injury issues. And I agree that he wants a big contract, and Spurs don't want to pay up to keep him when they are set with Sanchez and Vertonghen. Fair play to both sides, but if there wasn't some sort of off pitch dispute/issue Toby would certainly be on the bench.

And with that I will end my what the <deleted> is going on with Toby posts.:smile:

I don't think Poch feels Toby would currently be a positive influence in the dressing room.  I don't think Poch wants Rose either.  And its an open secret were trying to sign young Sessignon from Fulham.

2 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Crikey jd you must be getting a bit dense in your old age and bb must be rubbing off on you, you've already asked a similar question on saturday and Sots gave the following answer : 

Poch doesn't want to replace Toby for Sanchez in that formation 

cos Sanchez is the future & Toby is likely to be leaving at the end of the season.

If you were in Sanchez's shoes how would you feel being replaced

by someone who isn't committed to the long term? 

6 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Crikey jd you must be getting a bit dense in your old age and bb must be rubbing off on you, you've already asked a similar question on saturday and Sots gave the following answer : 

Poch doesn't want to replace Toby for Sanchez in that formation 

cos Sanchez is the future & Toby is likely to be leaving at the end of the season.

If you were in Sanchez's shoes how would you feel being replaced

by someone who isn't committed to the long term? 

Simples Alf. If I was Pochy and I thought having Toby available would help the team I wouldn't give a shit what Sanchez thought. I think Sots got that wrong, and I would wager that Carmine got it right in his opinion that Pochy might see Toby as a distraction in the dressing room.

Pochy has made it his business to instill a "one for all and all for one mentality" in the squad and it seems Toby is no longer in that group. Same same for Rose it seems. Can't say that I blame Pochy. His philosophy has worked wonders so far.

3 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Simples Alf. If I was Pochy and I thought having Toby available would help the team I wouldn't give a shit what Sanchez thought. I think Sots got that wrong, and I would wager that Carmine got it right in his opinion that Pochy might see Toby as a distraction in the dressing room.

Pochy has made it his business to instill a "one for all and all for one mentality" in the squad and it seems Toby is no longer in that group. Same same for Rose it seems. Can't say that I blame Pochy. His philosophy has worked wonders so far.

But your not are you ? and far from it :biggrin: