Tottenham Thread

chonabot

20 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

No, no E/S. They're in safe hands don't you know!! 

Thats rich coming from a City fan,  i'm sure we all bow to the great integrity of your owners.

Anyway, aside of the escalating costs of our stadium, are you trying to say that we are not one of the best run clubs in the league?  Or are you disputing that a billionaire owner wouldn't look after such a significant asset as the club, keeping it in safe hands?  Really, is that what you are implying?

21 minutes ago, carmine said:

Thats rich coming from a City fan,  i'm sure we all bow to the great integrity of your owners.

Anyway, aside of the escalating costs of our stadium, are you trying to say that we are not one of the best run clubs in the league?  Or are you disputing that a billionaire owner wouldn't look after such a significant asset as the club, keeping it in safe hands?  Really, is that what you are implying?

you and the plank.still do not get it!!!                do youses???                                     spuds presently have a cash flow crisis   both of youses can sugar coat it      til the cows come home.  its there until  lewis/levy  find a solution!!!  very nice work lpool and  the best of luck in the final  e/s                        

Edited by evenstevens

2 hours ago, carmine said:

I'm implying that with the costs soaring, those repayments have to be met somehow. How do you think they are going to do that?

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I'm implying that with the costs soaring, those repayments have to be met somehow. How do you think they are going to do that?

We'd have to ask Joe Lewis how he intends to do that wouldn't we!  

Theres a much bigger picture here that neither myself, yourself or the usual suspects on here are privy to, but to be fair, i'm not concerned as to whether you or anybody else can't see how repayments can be made, my only concern would be if Mr Lewis didn't!  Within the build process of new stadiums there is nearly always a problem with soaring costs, its nothing new and i'd be utterly amazed if their were not measures in place to deal with a worst case scenario.  Its just common sense.    

Anyway, in reality, it would be entirely against his business interest not to keep the club on an even keel so all this talk is fairly irrelevant.    

47 minutes ago, carmine said:

Theres a much bigger picture here that neither myself, yourself or the usual suspects on here are privy to, but to be fair, i'm not concerned as to whether you or anybody else can't see how repayments can be made, my only concern would be if Mr Lewis didn't!  Within the build process of new stadiums there is nearly always a problem with soaring costs, its nothing new and i'd be utterly amazed if their were not measures in place to deal with a worst case scenario.  Its just common sense.    

Anyway, in reality, it would be entirely against his business interest not to keep the club on an even keel so all this talk is fairly irrelevant.    

I know it probably doesn't matter to you Carms (or you haven't taken it into consideration) but you are already the 2nd most expensive season ticket price in the prem. Even at the original cost of the project they were talking about putting some ticket prices up by 50% and the fans were furious. What will this increase mean to them even though ticket sales only generate about 15% of income?

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I know it probably doesn't matter to you Carms (or you haven't taken it into consideration) but you are already the 2nd most expensive season ticket price in the prem. Even at the original cost of the project they were talking about putting some ticket prices up by 50% and the fans were furious. What will this increase mean to them even though ticket sales only generate about 15% of income?

They are also charging a two and a half quid booking fee per tickets which won't go down well when you've just forked out 1200 for the season ticket.  Yes, fans are not happy with the increases and i'm presuming many will be priced out.

I am led to believe the NFL revenues from US cable networks are by far the most important but i don't know anything about this yet so can't comment.  All i know is the deal was described as ground breaking but that tells us nothing.  I also wouldn't mind knowing how much the retractable pitch is coasting for the games being hosted.  It must have cost a fortune.

3 hours ago, carmine said:

It's hardly irrelevant and I think you are not getting the point we're making so I'll simplify it for you. If stadium costs are soaring out of control, do you think Poch will be given lots of dosh to spend on the squad? 

6 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Who was talking about it ? Levy, Joe Lewis ? no neither of them because Spurs don't talk about things do they ?  and anyway why are you talking about seaon ticket prices in past tense when the prices have been out for months, for your info renewals of season ticket's was 96% with many upgrading to a Premium membership so furious or not it didn't deter people from renewing.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Won't make any difference to our transfer budget but might to the length of loan repayments on the stadium.

Redneck what planet are you on?

Get a grip and see it for what it is. Your going down the <deleted> route minus any silverware

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

Who was talking about it ? Levy, Joe Lewis ? no neither of them because Spurs don't talk about things do they ?  and anyway why are you talking about seaon ticket prices in past tense when the prices have been out for months, for your info renewals of season ticket's was 96% with many upgrading to a Premium membership so furious or not it didn't deter people from renewing.

Still on the waiting list for a season ticket and heard nothing.

There are over 40000 still waiting btw.

Can't see the club being too worried.

Shame and embarrassment for the Citeh lot there!

8 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Won't make any difference to our transfer budget but might to the length of loan repayments on the stadium.

Plank you have not mentioned up grading currrent squad  player contracts to the going rate,in line with the big paying EPL clubs, , Kane is presently on 110 k a week absoulately peanuts for a player of his calibre, and pro rata for many other players and Loser Levy is the highest paid on their staff roster at around 120k a week,shows anyone the sheer lunacy or Spuds  set up , so Spuds besides their 1 bil  debt (approx) to be serviced, players contracts to be up graded where is the CASH for the warchest  to buy players for the coming T/F windows, my only guess is to sell present players on the roster ,to fund such a exercise and Loser Levy will not be in a position to call all the shots , all clubs would know about Spuds demise they will be holding all the aces if they enter any t/f deals either IN or OUT   my view is that  Spuds presently are in Crash Conrol Mode make no mistake about that , only time will tell how bad the Crash is going to be,  a fender repair job or a total wreck write off, suspect the latter or somewhere in between 

9 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Is the sum of it. But they ain't interested in whats actually happening.   Of course no one like increases but the "ever so interested seemingly more than any other fans" from City:shock1: will be disappointed to know they selling at a rate of knots.......obviously trying to deflect from how their "shady owners" are flagrantly flouting FFP with their "sponsorship payments".  

Well guess what, everyone knows about it, i suppose its just handy football is so corrupt!!

7 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes the City lads and somehow R2D2 seems to have gotten lost along the way.  

Of course the club are worried mate, we're going bust, we had a lousy season (even though we bettered anyones forecast that i can think of) our manager and all our players are leaving because we are owned by Lewis and his organization that doesn't have a pot to piss in.

Come on mate, its the usual bores getting in on this and MrB trying to give it a little more credibility.  Well wait a little longer, BB will be in shortly to ruin that too.  BB, E/S, R2D2,  there are nearly all on here!!!:sad:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Who was talking about it ? Levy, Joe Lewis ? 

How embarrassing. You didn't even know that your own Fans Trust were up in arms over it. Do you even know who Martin Cloake is?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/03/13/tottenham-fans-group-hits-pricing-structure-new-stadium/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5495865/Tottenham-supporters-group-hit-ticket-prices-new-stadium.html

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/mar/26/time-for-spurs-repair-relationship-fans-tickets

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-record-3063m-revenue-sees-supporters-trust-call-for-lower-season-ticket-prices-at-new-a3804356.html

Talk about all these escalating stadium costs is only an observation, so I don't know why you Spurs fans are getting all protective and tetchy. Let's make one thing absolutely clear though, I don't care one jot if Spurs go down the pan or your owners carry on ripping you off and pricing people out on ticket prices and yet not delivering silverware, you carry on .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Why shame and embarrassment on the City lot? I'm lost on that one Ronnie

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Yes the City lads and somehow R2D2 seems to have gotten lost along the way.  

Of course the club are worried mate, we're going bust, we had a lousy season (even though we bettered anyones forecast that i can think of) our manager and all our players are leaving because we are owned by Lewis and his organization that doesn't have a pot to piss in.

Come on mate, its the usual bores getting in on this and MrB trying to give it a little more credibility.  Well wait a little longer, BB will be in shortly to ruin that too.  BB, E/S, R2D2,  there are nearly all on here!!!:sad:

Your above views are from The Land Of  The Fairys,        

AGAIN  i will repeat that Spuds have a Cash Flow  crisis , not a few mil or tens of mil , we are talking about hundreds of mil ,and perhaps a billion or more     , your Lewis/Levy  swindlers piss pot  has no cash available, to cover the present debts payments, ,perhaps they may have a way out, but it will be at the expenses of the rank and file Spud supporters, not out of their  OWN kick   you  (Waffler) and Plank  are still cheering them on , poor lost fools                                                                                                                                                                        

Edited by evenstevens

33 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

See above

Better still, see this....

How do you explain the 96% renewals and the massive waiting list that remains for season tickets then?

People don't like paying more for something but if its quality they generally do....which is a better explanation of why we are getting 96% renewals despite the doom and gloom i hear from you lot! 

And as for the huge waiting list.......don't seem to have put them off either does it!!!!!!!

Edited by carmine

30 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Why shame and embarrassment on the City lot? I'm lost on that one Ronnie

Just Ronnie's way of saying you stepped in a big one over our prices without checking the status of the renewals i suppose!!

38 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

How embarrassing. You didn't even know that your own Fans Trust were up in arms over it. Do you even know who Martin Cloake is?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/03/13/tottenham-fans-group-hits-pricing-structure-new-stadium/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5495865/Tottenham-supporters-group-hit-ticket-prices-new-stadium.html

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/mar/26/time-for-spurs-repair-relationship-fans-tickets

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-record-3063m-revenue-sees-supporters-trust-call-for-lower-season-ticket-prices-at-new-a3804356.html

Talk about all these escalating stadium costs is only an observation, so I don't know why you Spurs fans are getting all protective and tetchy. Let's make one thing absolutely clear though, I don't care one jot if Spurs go down the pan or your owners carry on ripping you off and pricing people out on ticket prices and yet not delivering silverware, you carry on .

Now who's sounding vitriolic!!  

5 minutes ago, carmine said:

Better still, see this....

How do you explain the 96% renewals and the massive waiting list that remains for season tickets then?

People don't like paying more for something but if its quality they generally do....which is a better explanation of why we are getting 96% renewals despite the doom and gloom i hear from you lot! 

And as for the huge waiting list.......don't seem to have put them off either does it!!!!!!!

I know about the renewals. And if you're happy at already being the 2nd highest prices (prior to increases) and the fact that some of your supporters are being priced out to make way for richer fans on the waiting list, then it really is no skin off my nose

6 minutes ago, carmine said:

Just Ronnie's way of saying you stepped in a big one over our prices without checking the status of the renewals i suppose!!

As I say above, doesn't seem to me that you care about your fans who are struggling financially. I find it strange really.

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I know about the renewals. And if you're happy at already being the 2nd highest prices (prior to increases) and the fact that some of your supporters are being priced out to make way for richer fans on the waiting list, then it really is no skin off my nose

No you didn't but now you do.  Its better to know the facts.

Fans have been priced out for a few years now and its getting worse.  Its not right, its not fair but a sad reality.  

If only these mega rich owners hadn't turned up creating a ridiculous unsustainable market.

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

As I say above, doesn't seem to me that you care about your fans who are struggling financially. I find it strange really.

I've already answered that and its clear i do.

If only the sheiks and oligarchs would <deleted> off then things might improve, you think?

7 minutes ago, carmine said:

If only the sheiks and oligarchs would <deleted> off then things might improve, you think?

No. I think you are just trying to get some comfort by shifting the blame onto those pesky Sheikhs and Russians.

Man United smashed transfer records for years and the current top 3 most expensive Prem players are Pogba, Lukaku and Di Maria. That ain't the fault of the oil men. Would you rather we all just left Man United to rule the roost