Tottenham Thread

chonabot

30 minutes ago, carmine said:

Just take it where it belongs and stop posting like a complete and utter d**k

Sorry chap you like to overlook any discussion and chat complete rubbish about commentators so I shall not be changing anything until you grow up and change that vile approach that only you adopt. These are football forums so if you want it nice and tidy I expect to see an immediate change. 

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

And they tried to to VvD as well, where would that leave the other 8 CB they have

City were chasing VvD as long Liverpool were but pulled out when the price got ridiculous. Pep really fancied him.

As for our 8 CBs:

1. Kompany is obviously our first choice but can't be relied on.

2. Stones was 2nd choice but got injured mid season and struggled.

3. Otamendi was seen as in the weakest link start of the season but had the best season of our CBs.

4. Laporte we've chased for a few seasons and finally got him - important as we have no other leftsided CB.

5. Mangala wouldn't leave so was eventually loaned out.

6. The kid Tosin is well done the pecking order.

7. & 8. Don't exist except in Bobs imagination. 

So we at the start of the season we had 3 first choice CBs and we picked up Laporte midseason.

vvd would have suited us nicely had the price been right.

Don't believe City ever buy players to stop other clubs getting them...ridiculous myth!

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

City were chasing VvD as long Liverpool were but pulled out when the price got ridiculous. Pep really fancied him.

As for our 8 CBs:

3. Otamendi was seen as in the weakest link start of the season but had the best season of our CBs.

4. Laporte we've chased for a few seasons and finally got him - important as we have no other leftsided CB.

So we at the start of the season we had 3 first choice CBs and we picked up Laporte midseason.

Don't believe City ever buy players to stop other clubs getting them...ridiculous myth!

Dude, I only read that amount of words for money. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Think those stats reflect who had the better of the game, don't you.

We were hardly "dreadful" as you stated.

You were chasing the game that's what those stats show. It also shows how dreadful you performed in front of goal and how clinical we were once we soaked up your pressure.

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

As for our 8 CBs:

You are mything the point! ?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

It's amazing how you read stats.

Thanks, no hard feelings from me anyway. The best team won that tie the same way the best performing most expensively assembled team won the prem this season. 

5 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Thanks, no hard feelings from me anyway. The best team won that tie the same way the best performing most expensively assembled team won the prem this season. 

The best two sides in the league this season.

Now piss off and discuss your cup final please.

And Citeh go and sign Messi over on your thread.

This thread is all about an Ajax player right now thanks.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Kadilo said:

and why England are bang average at best.

Kane is world class , and I expect the other Spurs players to do well.  It will be interesting to see , but a quarter final should be within reach . 

16 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Sorry chap you like to overlook any discussion and chat complete rubbish about commentators so I shall not be changing anything until you grow up and change that vile approach that only you adopt. These are football forums so if you want it nice and tidy I expect to see an immediate change. 

All we've actually asked is you keep non related stuff off our thread, that is the Spurs thread......its not rocker science.

Sorry chap, its not just the fact that you continue to discuss Liverpool issues on the Spurs thread, its the unpleasant and witless manner in which you post, so its highly amusing that you of all people would refer to anyone else vile approach baring in mind the rude and unpleasant nature of your own. Hope that clears that up "lad"....or is it "chap" now?  Humorless buffoon.

Edited by carmine

12 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

<deleted> sake we were robbed by five minutes or sloppy defending ourselves and haven't spent the last month brooding about it.

These things happen and we believe we played the better football over the two legs there as well...in fact we know we did.

All I have to say is best of luck to the scousers...go out and smash Madrid to bits!!

I have to say, on the balance of those two legs against Juve i think we had far greater cause to moan than City.  On the balance of play we were by far the better side basically undone by five minutes of inexperience.  Shit happens.  

Best of luck to Liverpool....i really hope Lovren has one of his better games because if i was Zidane, this guy is the weak link.  Thus far, Liverpool have played better than Madrid and would make worthy winners no matter what crap the Spanish papers say

• Like 1

2 hours ago, carmine said:

I have to say, on the balance of those two legs against Juve i think we had far greater cause to moan than City.  On the balance of play we were by far the better side basically undone by five minutes of inexperience.  Shit happens.  

Best of luck to Liverpool....i really hope Lovren has one of his better games because if i was Zidane, this guy is the weak link.  Thus far, Liverpool have played better than Madrid and would make worthy winners no matter what crap the Spanish papers say

Missed the point! The discussion between City and Liverpool posters hasn't been so much about which team was "by far the better side" but about the effect the wrong refereeing decisions had on the result. Liverpool fans, especially the brummie, seem reluctant to concede on that point and will only view the result through rose-tinted glasses.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Missed the point! The discussion between City and Liverpool posters hasn't been so much about which team was "by far the better side" but about the effect the wrong refereeing decisions had on the result. Liverpool fans, especially the brummie, seem reluctant to concede on that point and will only view the result through rose-tinted glasses.

Perhaps valid on the VAR thread but on here its just another whine.

Games change as goals are scored so you can't say that really.

Anyway find somewhere else to cry as we've transfers to discuss!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Games change as goals are scored so you can't say that really.

That's the bladdy point we're trying to make Ronnie. How can we even think about winning when 2 perfectly good GOALS were wrongly disallowed and one bad goal given. It's like a boxer having one hand tied behind his back

Hell fire you two lads REALLY need to have a good look at how you are coming across, so bitter and pathetic. You lost a quarter-final by 5 goals to 1, that's in the history books, have some <deleted> dignity for <deleted>. 

3 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Hell fire you two lads REALLY need to have a good look at how you are coming across, so bitter and pathetic. You lost a quarter-final by 5 goals to 1, that's in the history books, have some <deleted> dignity for <deleted>. 

Mmmmm. Every time we post about it, it is in response to someone else mentioning the result/game. It's reactionary.

Whereas you lot (as far as I've seen) have not acknowledged a single time that you were lucky with the decisions. Of course we are aggrieved, especially when you keep on throwing (expletive) at us. You lot have shown absolutely zero class in your win and if you had we probably wouldn't be so niggly about it.

I'll make a deal with you. You don't mention it again and I won't

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Mmmmm. Every time we post about it, it is in response to someone else mentioning the result/game. It's reactionary.

Whereas you lot (as far as I've seen) have not acknowledged a single time that you were lucky with the decisions. Of course we are aggrieved, especially when you keep on throwing (expletive) at us. You lot have shown absolutely zero class in your win and if you had we probably wouldn't be so niggly about it.

You think dem mickey mousers are bad now; if they win on Saturday they'll be unbearable.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

giphy.gif

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

According to KPMG our club value has risen by 277m to 1.16bn.  

what with this a news of a happy manager and players signing new contracts and United possibly having to stump up 55m for Toby, wheres it all gone wrong?  The CL qualification is also going to be a nightmare!!

I'm really keen to see how our endless problems play out?

36 minutes ago, carmine said:

According to KPMG our club value has risen by 277m to 1.16bn.  

what with this a news of a happy manager and players signing new contracts and United possibly having to stump up 55m for Toby, wheres it all gone wrong?  The CL qualification is also going to be a nightmare!!

I'm really keen to see how our endless problems play out?

Spurs fans on here like to cry poverty, how can we compete with you big rich clubs. But as we non-spurs fans have been arguing, Spurs are one of the wealthiest clubs IN THE WORLD (10th actually) and not exactly poor! 

Top 10 European clubs by 'enterprise value'

Manchester United - €3.255bn

Real Madrid - €2.92bn

Barcelona - €2.78bn

Bayern Munich - €2.55bn

Manchester City - €2.16bn

Arsenal - €2.10bn

Chelsea - €1.76bn

Liverpool - €1.58bn

Juventus - €1.30bn

Tottenham - €1.29bn

Source: KPMG

One of the problems you seem loathe to acknowledge is that you have heavily underbudgetted for your expensive new ground development which inevitably will affect spending on the team.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

28 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Spurs fans on here like to cry poverty, how can we compete with you big rich clubs. But as we non-spurs fans have been arguing, Spurs are one of the wealthiest clubs IN THE WORLD (10th actually) and not exactly poor! 

Real Madrid - €2.92bn

Barcelona - €2.78bn

Bayern Munich - €2.55bn

Arsenal - €2.10bn

Chelsea - €1.76bn

Liverpool - €1.58bn

Juventus - €1.30bn

Tottenham - €1.29bn

One of the problems you seem loathe to acknowledge is that you have heavily underbudgetted for your expensive new ground development which inevitably will affect spending on the team.

You took a right beating in the CL semis.?  Don't be such a pussycat and get over it!!

#sorelosers#  ?

Seriously, how many goals did you concede of both legs......and you have the audacity to suggest you were hard done by!!!  ?

Edited by carmine
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, carmine said:

You took a right beating in the CL semis.?  Don't be such a pussycat and get over it!!

#sorelosers#  ?

Mmmmm losers. The Premier League Title and League Cup Trophy's suggest otherwise and give us huge consolation. What have you got to console yourself with after this season? Always next year eh?  #havetobegoodlosersasneverwinanything 

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Mmmmm losers. The Premier League Title and League Cup Trophy's suggest otherwise and give us huge consolation. What have you got to console yourself with after this season? Always next year eh?  #havetobegoodlosersasneverwinanything 

Nah, BB in his rose tinted specs thinks you were robbed.  Funny.  Seeing as he likes to spend his days having a pop at us why does he leave himself open to ridicule.......

if you lot are pissed off with anyone it should be Pep Guardiola, not the ref.  Threw his toys out the pram about a decision he was not in a position to judge and gets himself sent to the stands......toys out of the pram when knocked out by the mighty Wigan too.

Liverpool played better and deserved to go through.  Could you let BB know that because i don't think he saw either of the two legs.

We totally outplayed Juve over two legs didn't go through but you don't hear us whining about it. 

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Real Madrid - €2.92bn

Barcelona - €2.78bn

Bayern Munich - €2.55bn

Arsenal - €2.10bn

Chelsea - €1.76bn

Liverpool - €1.58bn

Juventus - €1.30bn

Tottenham - €1.29bn

Yes Levy has been sent to sit in the corner after taking Uncle Joe's credit card and withdrawing 400m quid without asking him.

He's a very very naughty boy!

Honestly if you believe this you really are thick.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes Levy has been sent to sit in the corner after taking Uncle Joe's credit card and withdrawing 400m quid without asking him.

He's a very very naughty boy!

Honestly if you believe this you really are thick.

I don't know why he bothers, he always ends up making a fool of himself.

Neither does he accept apparently that City, for years have been driving up transfer fees to stop competitors getting players they don't want them to have.  So, all is as per normal in BB world.....