Tottenham Thread

chonabot

10 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Where's your facts on that valuation? ? 

I'm just going on the basis that you'd offer some stupid figure to make sure you got him.  But then again you can do that if you are spending money that isn't legimately generated.?

And everybody knows thats the case whether one care to call for facts or not, because to spend what you do on purchases and wages you would have to generate one helluva lot more than Manchester City wouldn't you?  But what does everybody else know....keep trying to justify the expenditure.  

And was the intimation the other day i believe that you are the only rich club that i can think of ever that hasn't deliberately stiffed another club from buying their chosen player?  What a dreamworld you live in MrB!!  You're getting touched with the BB's.  

2 hours ago, carmine said:

I'm just going on the basis that you'd offer some stupid figure to make sure you got him.  But then again you can do that if you are spending money that isn't legimately generated.?

And everybody knows thats the case whether one care to call for facts or not, because to spend what you do on purchases and wages you would have to generate one helluva lot more than Manchester City wouldn't you?  But what does everybody else know....keep trying to justify the expenditure.  

And was the intimation the other day i believe that you are the only rich club that i can think of ever that hasn't deliberately stiffed another club from buying their chosen player?  What a dreamworld you live in MrB!!  You're getting touched with the BB's.  

It was tongue in cheek but just going off your posts the other day Carms. Insisting on facts and slagging off valuations, then you go and post an absurd one yourself. There is absolutely no way we would have him, especially for anywhere near half your "valuation".

As for the dream world bit!! I think it's you who lives in a world where you think such conspiracy exists. It must a bitter world where you think a club is so awash with money. Seriously, if we had that much money available to throw away, why have we not broken any transfer records or why doesn't Messi, Neymar etc play at City? You need to get a grip of that imagination mate

34 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

It was tongue in cheek but just going off your posts the other day Carms. Insisting on facts and slagging off valuations, then you go and post an absurd one yourself. There is absolutely no way we would have him, especially for anywhere near half your "valuation".

As for the dream world bit!! I think it's you who lives in a world where you think such conspiracy exists. It must a bitter world where you think a club is so awash with money. Seriously, if we had that much money available to throw away, why have we not broken any transfer records or why doesn't Messi, Neymar etc play at City? You need to get a grip of that imagination mate

Funny really, because i think you will go for Neymar, this summer.?

31 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Or Bale and his 500k quid a week.

No Ronnie, as MrB said, theres no way they'd pay ridiculous money...?

Actually, if you'd spend 50m on Walker and at his age they'd spend a ludicrous amount on the lad from Fulham.  But saying that, City already have so much talent why would they bother?     Well........

Edited by carmine

6 hours ago, carmine said:

No Ronnie, as MrB said, theres no way they'd pay ridiculous money...?

Actually, if you'd spend 50m on Walker and at his age they'd spend a ludicrous amount on the lad from Fulham.  But saying that, City already have so much talent why would they bother?     Well........

You do realize Walker was a key figure in winning a record breaking Prem Title don't you? You Spurs lot make me laugh. 

12 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

You do realize Walker was a key figure in winning a record breaking Prem Title don't you? You Spurs lot make me laugh. 

A key figure....don't think you're not game for a laugh too!!!! ? He was just made to look considerably better than he is, mostly because of the midfield infront of him.  And i'm pretty sure i've watched an awful lot more of his career than you City lads. In short, you paid massively over the odds for a right back that can't really defend very well because frankly theres no one else, and then label him a "key figure" to just the fact you got rinsed for Spurs' 2nd choice right back!  Granted he's improved a bit, but of course,  say what you like to justify the 50m mind.....

Edited by carmine

Of course he was a key figure in City winning the Carabao cup and Premier League, to say or think otherwise would be proof of lack of knowledge of how City play.

I would agree that our players probably made him look considerably better than he is, as he was playing with better players, we attack more than we defend, we have most of possession and because of the midfield infront of him.  

You may have watched an awful lot more of Spurs career than us City lads, but we've watched a lot more of his City career than you, and it's his City career we are discussing here.

I would agree with you that we probably paid over the odds for Walker - as inevitably City have to do for most players this past decade. Walker isn't a defender's defender but Pep doesn't go for that type of player does he (Otamendi is the exception but Pep didn't buy him), he wants fullbacks who are comfortable on the ball who can bomb forward and get involved in the attack and who can step in to central midfield when the ball is on the other side of the pitch.

So he's performing differently at City than he did at Spurs. He's been a big success at City. But if you want to consider based on his Spurs days that he's not much good and you stiffed us on the sale, well I'm happy for you , because we've picked up a player he has immediately fitted in and contributed greatly to our team that ran riot last season.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

4 hours ago, carmine said:

A key figure....don't think you're not game for a laugh too!!!! ? He was just made to look considerably better than he is, mostly because of the midfield infront of him.  And i'm pretty sure i've watched an awful lot more of his career than you City lads. In short, you paid massively over the odds for a right back that can't really defend very well because frankly theres no one else, and then label him a "key figure" to just the fact you got rinsed for Spurs' 2nd choice right back!  Granted he's improved a bit, but of course,  say what you like to justify the 50m mind.....

There is no hiding place on a pitch and no room to carry players when you want to win the league. Don't care what you thought about him at Spurs, it's what he's doing at City and Pep has improved him enormously. Probably says more about Poch's management than anything else. Did we pay over the odds? Probably, as every English player (coupled with City buying) carries a premium.

45 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

There is no hiding place on a pitch and no room to carry players when you want to win the league. Don't care what you thought about him at Spurs, it's what he's doing at City and Pep has improved him enormously. Probably says more about Poch's management than anything else. Did we pay over the odds? Probably, as every English player (coupled with City buying) carries a premium.

Could you explain that in detail and perhaps give us  a link from any neutral who agrees with you !

14 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Could you explain that in detail and perhaps give us  a link from any neutral who agrees with you !

How's about doing your own research to find out where he lies in the stats table. Clue:- I have

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

How's about doing your own research to find out where he lies in the stats table. Clue:- I have

Hey Alfie maybe you can does us a favour and post us a piccy of Kyle Walker with one of his Spurs WINNERS medals.

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

When i said "could you explain that in detail" ( things he has improved on etc ) i meant from your own observation rather than stat's !

46 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Ronnie does us a favour will you and post us a piccy of Kyle Walker with one of his Spurs WINNERS medals will ya ??

Its No Favours Friday.

Now bugger off there's a good chap and take that pesky mod wiv ya. :bah: