Tottenham Thread

chonabot

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Isn't he almost certain of it already?

I reckon so, but I ain't been keeping up with it.

I would think the chances of Vardy playing with his bad groin are likely nil. Leicester would be apoplectic.

2 minutes ago, jellydog said:

I reckon so, but I ain't been keeping up with it.

I would think the chances of Vardy playing with his bad groin are likely nil. Leicester would be apoplectic.

Anyway I meant a holiday after tomorrow....as capt I fully expect hi to lead out the team and play an hour.

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

With trips and eric  were gonna be truly scarey with  set ball deliveries this comin season

I wouldn't be surprised to see Trippier get a run out as a winger next season for a few games.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Trippier get a run out as a winger next season for a few games.

Well lets face it, when  friend and fellow poster BB informed us that apparently Tripps can play as a standard right back and as a wing back....what a revelation that was!!  ?

• Haha 1

Well Jack Grealish looks nailed on....can't say i'm particularly inspired.  Very much a Levy type signing is that.  Surely he must have promised to push the boat out for Poch more than that?  Lets hope were not going to have to wait till the dying moments of the window, i loathe that.  

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Well Jack Grealish looks nailed on....can't say i'm particularly inspired.  Very much a Levy type signing is that.  Surely he must have promised to push the boat out for Poch more than that?  Lets hope were not going to have to wait till the dying moments of the window, i loathe that.  

There is always a lull in transfers in World Cup years and kind of makes the English window change look a bit of a stupid decision.

Big problem for Poch is we don't yet know for sure who is leaving.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Well lets face it, when  friend and fellow poster BB informed us that apparently Tripps can play as a standard right back and as a wing back....what a revelation that was!!  ?

Still hurting i see about me correcting you saying Tripps was playing right back for England  when in fact he was playing right wingback.?:clap2:

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Still hurting i see about me correcting you saying Tripps was playing right back for England  when in fact he was playing right wingback.?:clap2:

Only you could post such a load of toss like that in the first place.  Go on please, keep applauding yourself!!!?

Looks like we will get a look at Oliver Skipp in some of the pre seasons.  Skipp and Sterling will be looking to make the first team squad possibly.  Winks now back to full fitness won't go a miss either.

5 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Talented that lad, but a bit Wilsherish ?

I'd agree with that....if we buy him its with one eye on the quotas.....no both eyes really perhaps with sell on value if he's cheap enough.

4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'd agree with that....if we buy him its with one eye on the quotas.....no both eyes really perhaps with sell on value if he's cheap enough.

Correct, and as i said, a real Levy signing and certainly not what Poch was referring to when he said the club needs to be brave.  They're all spending now, how does he expect us to keep up without spending a chunk of cash?

25 minutes ago, carmine said:

Correct, and as i said, a real Levy signing and certainly not what Poch was referring to when he said the club needs to be brave.  They're all spending now, how does he expect us to keep up without spending a chunk of cash?

Early days still....the merry go round will begin the coming week I'm sure.

Oh and to answer your question at us laughing at your latest squad player acquisition  is due to the purchase constituting on its own likely more than our entire season's budget.

The irony will however be lost through those blue tinted specs.

36 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

With Sarri it will utterly be dependent on how much cash he is allowed to spend.

A poor attempt at antagonising there by the way.

You say that but many non Spurs and Chelsea fans will be watching this. Poch is overdue winning something - he's  been there 4 years and been close (has the upswing of this group of players passed) - while Sarri is new to the Premier, trophies will be expected from him but he's  won nowt to date. A fair point.

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You say that but many non Spurs and Chelsea fans will be watching this. Poch is overdue winning something - he's  been there 4 years and been close (has the upswing of this group of players passed) - while Sarri is new to the Premier, trophies will be expected from him but he's  won nowt to date. A fair point.

Hazard will be off to Madrid in the next week or two leaving a gaping hole in their team. Not much chance of silverware this season I reckon.

44 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

With Sarri it will utterly be dependent on how much cash he is allowed to spend.

A poor attempt at antagonising there by the way.

Pochy with a leg up given the likely departure of Hazard.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Oh and to answer your question at us laughing at your latest squad player acquisition  is due to the purchase constituting on its own likely more than our entire season's budget.

The irony will however be lost through those blue tinted specs.

Will you be spending as much as 60m though now you're  saddled with that stadium cost overrun.

1 minute ago, jellydog said:

Pochy with a leg up given the likely departure of Hazard.

He's held that team together for the last two years and I can't see where they can find a cheap replacement with Roman closing his chequebook nowadays.

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Will you be spending as much as 60m though now you're  saddled with that stadium cost overrun.

No idea how much we will spend BB....the only people who will know that are Levy and Poch!!

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Hazard will be off to Madrid in the next week or two leaving a gaping hole in their team. Not much chance of silverware this season I reckon.

After last season's  performance  it is hard to see Chelsea winning something  but they do have  a  habit of winning  - most successful  club in England since 2005 i read recently.

Wasn't Hazard great to watch at the WC - looked to be enjoying himself.

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

...is Levy would be correct.

Tottenham don't operate under the here is your budget spend it as you like philosophy.

Poch and the scouts identify players we want and then Levy assesses the financial side of things and makes his move.

This summer is a little different however due to the Poch contract negotiations and new stadium first season.

I think we will surprise a few people with our buys this summer.