Tottenham Thread

chonabot

14 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Son Kane Moura, what a combination they could be this season. Should be a good test for our back 4 today.  

Thankfully real football is back with a bang!  

As will it be for Dembele/Dier trying to deal with your attacking three.

Should be an extremely good game whatever the score.

its doubtful if Son will play, apparently another thats fatigued and needs rest.  And we wouldn't have lost Dele if Southgate had seen sense but there you go, such are these crap international breaks!

Edited by carmine

34 minutes ago, carmine said:

its doubtful if Son will play, apparently another thats fatigued and needs rest.  And we wouldn't have lost Dele if Southgate had seen sense but there you go, such are these crap international breaks!

I was fuming to see half of our first team playing in both of those pointless games when Southgate had nothing to gain from watching them play.

3 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I was fuming to see half of our first team playing in both of those pointless games when Southgate had nothing to gain from watching them play.

Quite.  All the managers really want is that, in the event that we continue to have to put up with crap international breaks is that the national coaches will be responsible when selecting and playing players.  Southgate, for one, was not.  And all very well saying Kane was too knackered to play in the second game, but he was also too knackered to play in the first

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, carmine said:

Nice win last night for our U23's beating Man City 2-0.  Luke Amos and Oliver Skipp both featuring and Pochettino present.

Well done. Reading the report, it seems you made the absolute most of your chances and we wasted all ours. Coupled with some fine saves from Austin

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Well done. Reading the report, it seems you made the absolute most of your chances and we wasted all ours. Coupled with some fine saves from Austin

Its played at a high level  too.  There was some stupid talk about Spurs letting go of a youngster called Rem Griffiths who was playing for the U18's and who some fans reckoned should have been given a chance as Kane's back up.  Fact is, he didn't manage to make the grade at U23 level which is a big step up in itself.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Quite.  All the managers really want is that, in the event that we continue to have to put up with crap international breaks is that the national coaches will be responsible when selecting and playing players.  Southgate, for one, was not.  And all very well saying Kane was too knackered to play in the second game, but he was also too knackered to play in the first

The International break was actually good for some of our players to get some game time. First time I've ever said that, depth is good. 

Edited by BangrakBob

2 hours ago, carmine said:

I'm wondering whether it will be a cagey or attacking match, an early goal would help I guess.

Yeah to be honest I'd rather see Dele Ali playing than Son, such an underrated talent.

23 minutes ago, carmine said:

Its played at a high level  too.

Absolutely. I honestly reckon the FA have got to do some thinking outside the box on helping develop these youngsters. And I'm talking about only English youngsters. I don't know what the attendance was last night but bet it was almost empty. Pep said it when he first came o England that these youngsters need exposure to playing in front of actual crowds. That's why we send so many out on loan to the likes of Girona. Thinking aloud, maybe something like a 4th tier English Development Youth Squad that teams can send their youth to

6 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I'm wondering whether it will be a cagey or attacking match, an early goal would help I guess.

Yeah to be honest I'd rather see Dele Ali playing than Son, such an underrated talent.

He's supposed to be a little jaded but i agree, when Son is fit and in form he's terrific.  I'm looking forward to see Son and Moura playing together either side of midfield.  They are going to rip some static defenses apart.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

So 5 at the back tonight ? Dier and Dembele in Mid with Eriksen in front and Lucas And Kane at top.

Interesting thought Alfredo....I can't see Poch conceding so much of the pitch however....I reckon he'll play a back four with two in def mid for sure however.

Our full backs are quick enough to cover provided they are not pushing forward too much.

They need to forget they are wing backs today! 

29 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Interesting thought Alfredo....I can't see Poch conceding so much of the pitch however....I reckon he'll play a back four with two in def mid for sure however.

Our full backs are quick enough to cover provided they are not pushing forward too much.

They need to forget they are wing backs today! 

I would go 4231 and what must not happen is the backs getting pulled inside by their attacking three which will expose us to Trent and Robertson.  Pochettino is going to have to be a lot more tactically savvy than he was at Watford, a game i'm still fuming about.  Mind you, it would not surprise me if he plays three at the back, its such a difficult call.

The team that played at OT three weeks ago should have been shown over and over again the first half performance and reminded that we were not such great winners that day, more a case of United being utterly dreadful in the second half.  A much better performance all round is needed today.

22 minutes ago, carmine said:

I would go 4231 and what must not happen is the backs getting pulled inside by their attacking three which will expose us to Trent and Robertson.  Pochettino is going to have to be a lot more tactically savvy than he was at Watford, a game i'm still fuming about.  Mind you, it would not surprise me if he plays three at the back, its such a difficult call.

The team that played at OT three weeks ago should have been shown over and over again the first half performance and reminded that we were not such great winners that day, more a case of United being utterly dreadful in the second half.  A much better performance all round is needed today.

There won't be any complacency today. Interesting you reckon Dier and Dembele to start as I think Winks will get the nod but we shall see!

2 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

The main reason i'm thinking he might go with 5 is that if Son is knackered and Lamela isn't fit who will replace Dele ?

Why would Son be knackered?

Hopefully they put him on an Emirates 1st Class flight....I slept like a baby on the A380. :biggrin:

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Absolutely. I honestly reckon the FA have got to do some thinking outside the box on helping develop these youngsters. And I'm talking about only English youngsters. I don't know what the attendance was last night but bet it was almost empty. Pep said it when he first came o England that these youngsters need exposure to playing in front of actual crowds. That's why we send so many out on loan to the likes of Girona. Thinking aloud, maybe something like a 4th tier English Development Youth Squad that teams can send their youth to

Still think my idea of prem/ wealthy clubs orgonising contracts for  lower lge clubs to take  x amount of players would work  ie u take ?? Players for a season or what ever and we'll pay you ?.. for the length of the contract..do crap no re newall but  do well and you can negotiate a new better deal. 

12 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

There won't be any complacency today. Interesting you reckon Dier and Dembele to start as I think Winks will get the nod but we shall see!

Tbh with city's attack  i'de prefer 5 xcros the bac AND dier AND dembele sitting..even better the b s h that is  Wanyama if  fit ?

14 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Dats my boy. Redeemed

I was going to say, <deleted> me, miss the chance to neck a bottle of Paul Jaboulet Aine, Hermitage and finishing yourself off with a Dalmore King Alexander III single malt! Sleep when you get there! :drunk:

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I was going to say, <deleted> me, miss the chance to neck a bottle of Paul Jaboulet Aine, Hermitage and finishing yourself off with a Dalmore King Alexander III single malt! Sleep when you get there! :drunk:

I rolled through Heathrow in no time. :coffee1:

• Haha 1