Heavy rainshower in Pattaya today

balo

You think you're safe when the calendar reads January 31 , but right now we have flooding in my soi caused by heavy rainfal lfor the last hour. I like it but it but it can stop now . I need to go out.

Had nothing in Central Pattaya for weeks now.

Really ? I live in Jomtien. Must have been a very local shower then . It stopped now , but still was heavy enough to cause some flooding here.

Coming back from Samet this morning, I was struck by how the trees on either side of the road look more like Australia than tropical Thailand - brown and lifeless in many cases. I know there is a distinct dry season in central Thailand, but a few clouds here and there wouldnt hurt the few tourists currently in town .....

the problem with flooding stems mainly with the run offs being cluttered with all sorts of debris of course heavy rain will cause flooding because the run offs were constructed on a budget less than half than was allocated ( if you get my drift )

Eastern outskirts of BKK had torrential rainfall too early in the morning. When I looked out of the window, the entire parking area downstairs was already heavily flooded. Rain lasted for maybe two hours, and in the afternoon the flooding was gone. It didn't hurt to get some rain, though. the nature environment likes it.....

Had nothing in Central Pattaya for weeks now.

Really ? I live in Jomtien. Must have been a very local shower then . It stopped now , but still was heavy enough to cause some flooding here.

For some reason most showers in Thailand are (seem to be) very local.

I tell you what, this weather is great at the moment. Bit of rain?. We are in the northern hemisphere and it's winter.!

I'm not suggesting the OP is on holiday but I bet you those who come here for the winter months don't realise how uncomfortable this place can get in April/May when that humidity hits the roof.

No, I'll settle for a bit of rain and fresh weather.

• Like 1