Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Rumour has it that Melbourne offered Dangerfield $10 million over 6 years

Woah!

That's a chunk of change.

Rumoured to be offered $800 000 per year for 5 years at Geelong.

Melbourne's only an hour away.

Adelaide said they will match the offer and play hardball for the best deal they can get...

Fair enough too. HUGE loss for Adelaide

After 256 AFL games and 16 seasons, Fremantle’s Luke McPharlin announced his retirement on Wednesday.

The Fremantle Life Member and All Australian told his team mates at a meeting this morning that he had played his final game.

‘Woosh’, as he is known around the club, will be remembered as one of Fremantle’s greatest players.

McPharlin, 33, said even before the season started, he expected it would be his last.

“At the end of last year I considered it (retiring) pretty strongly,” he said.

“There was always a scenario in the back of my mind that this would be my last season.

“Ultimately, it’s time to hang up the boots and move onto other things.

“When you get to my age and my time in the game, there are a lot of factors that need to be considered.

“That’s certainly my wife and family.

“The coach, strength and fitness staff and, of course, the way I feel about playing another year.”

There were moving scenes after Friday night’s Preliminary Final loss, when a visibly emotional McPharlin and his wife Kalinz, walked together around the ground where he plied his craft.

Respect for our McPharlin

“It surprised me, the emotional reaction I had, when I walked on the ground for the last time,” he said.

“A lot of memories came flooding back.”

McPharlin said his 18 games this season had exceeded his expectations but he was ready to forgo another gruelling pre-season.

“The will and desire to climb the mountain is too much for me, if you know that’s the case, it’s probably time to step away,” he said.

McPharlin has been a Fremantle Docker for more than half of the club’s existence, after he arrived in 2001.

His first two AFL seasons were spent at Hawthorn after he was taken at pick 10 in the 1999 National Draft.

McPharlin’s 2015 season ended in round 22 with a calf injury, which ruled him out of the final few rounds.

His last appearance in Fremantle colours was against Melbourne at Domain Stadium.

It was a textbook McPharlin outing with 21 disposals and 11 marks.

He took part in Fremantle’s inaugural Grand Final in 2013 and made the All Australian team in 2012.

McPharlin sits second on the club’s games record list with 244, behind Matthew Pavlich (335).

• Like 2

Rumour has it that Melbourne offered Dangerfield $10 million over 6 years

Must be just a rumour if true the press would have heard about it though in todays paper the Dees reportedly have stated there after a top midfielder along with a forward, they have got an offer on the table for some bomber midfileder.

Howe is reported to have put 500,000 a season on his head and a desire to play on with the Dees....of course the Demons have baulked with Todd Viney (the dad of hot new midfield sensation so the dees don't really need to go spend 10 million or anything like it) saying no way hose, but we shall see....we don't have enough decent players and he along with my man Watts could end up with a long awaited break out season any time soon now...tongue.png

All is quite with Garland, me thinks he's on the move....not much from him last 2 seasons due to injury then a so so return this year...but before easily the best defender and in my book in top 4 players at the club.

• Like 2

And talking about the paper this morning Bookie you alerted me to clearing my browser well i took you advice and its been working like a charm....untill recently....The Age is keeping tabs on my views even with clearing the browser after each view...this seems to have started after the IOS 9 update....i looked at the settings but I'm a humble builder so i can't see anything obvious...i tried blocking tracking etc but not allow me to open anything...anyway i can't ready about the footy i had to physically buy a paper today to get my footy fix....any ideas please?

Most unusual name for the AFL?

This guy is available for the Suns Academy in the upcoming draft

Gold Coast: Didymus Blanket (Southport Sharks),

I used to go to school with his brother Electrictongue.png

Oh gawd Nooo!!?

I’ve been sleeping with Electric for years,,

But always thought is was warm and female..

• Like 1

Wont matter jo....last time the hot Hawks played on a hot grand final day they lost to a fresher Blues.

Expected top of 31 GF day but you know Melbourne.

28C and cloudy forecast.

That may mean humidity is up.

Not good for the dry air boys from the West.

But I think they are travelling to MEL Thursday arvo so hopefully have time to get acclimatised.

Eagles sour higher than Hawkes, Go Eagles!!

• Like 1

Wont matter jo....last time the hot Hawks played on a hot grand final day they lost to a fresher Blues.

Expected top of 31 GF day but you know Melbourne.

28C and cloudy forecast.

That may mean humidity is up.

Not good for the dry air boys from the West.

But I think they are travelling to MEL Thursday arvo so hopefully have time to get acclimatised.

Eagles sour higher than Hawkes, Go Eagles!!

Obviously you don't know Melbourne weather, there better these days at forecasting it here but trying to predict it 3 days ahead well....we melbournienians know better.

Wont be humid on GF day, to early for that, Hawks would be in trouble if mid 30's like the GF i mentioned but since my finals picking has been crap I'm not pulling out my crystal ball and making any predictions.

Im happy if the weagles win there 3rd is it? Lot of Vics never thought they would see the day an interstate team would take our cup home, and I'm happy if the Hawks win maybe more due to the fact they were the laughing stock of the VFL for 40 or 50 years, they modelled themselves on the 2 powerhouse clubs of the 50,s and have never looked back, the most successful club of the modern era they just keep getting it right.

• Like 1

And talking about the paper this morning Bookie you alerted me to clearing my browser well i took you advice and its been working like a charm....untill recently....The Age is keeping tabs on my views even with clearing the browser after each view...this seems to have started after the IOS 9 update....i looked at the settings but I'm a humble builder so i can't see anything obvious...i tried blocking tracking etc but not allow me to open anything...anyway i can't ready about the footy i had to physically buy a paper today to get my footy fix....any ideas please?

You can browse incognito on Chrome...

or..use multiple broswers... Chrome,Internet explorer, Mozilla

Each browser will give u 30

What's the chances of that 'vaughanlive.tv' channel broadcasting the Grand Final Footy Show this evening? I guess it would start at 5:30pm Thai time

It's possible.

Check out the link at the time. Or the other link that had the Brownlow award...

Norm Smith Medal?

I think choking in finals is past for Mark LeCras.

He’s up, he’s hungry and his endeavour and talent is obvious .

He can tackle, he can run into position, he can hold a mark, and he can kick a sweet goal.

I wish him all the best.

At $21 on Sportsbet, I’m on.

I like fairytale outcomes.

Go Weagles!!!!!

• Like 2

Norm Smith.

To me it will be an outside mid this year.

Smith from Hawks or Gaff from the Eagles.

Depending on which team wins.

Agreed. Andrew Gaff is a good call for the Norm Smith, FJ.

I think accurate and inspirational kicking of team goals is going to decide it for the flag.

??? What do you mean ?? “Depending on which team wins”

Go Weagles!!!! Haha!

• Like 1

What do you guys do in the off-season?

Fall asleep on the couch watching cricket on the TV is one of my favourites.

What service provides cricket in LOS?

CRICKET? How can I get it? Which TV service provider?

What do you guys do in the off-season?

Fall asleep on the couch watching cricket on the TV is one of my favourites.

What service provides cricket in LOS?

I don't know.

When I am lucky enough to be in LOS,,, I don't need cricket to have an afternoon nap with a smile on my face.