What's the average income for white-collar Thai in Bangkok?

LetsTryThis

A bit off topic - there is a high class hotel corner of Ploenchit & Ruam Rudee. that 2 servers in bar outside told my gf they earn 30,000/mo salary + 100/day for taxi home (not verified of course). One of the servers regularly posts copies of her monthly check for service charge disbursement on FB - it's always 12,000 - 15,000. Pretty substantial monthly income for server. It's all about who your employer is wherever you work.

The only high class hotel off the corner off ploenchit and ruam rudee would be novotel bkk ploenchit. The other high end hotel which isn't in a corner in case you didn't describe it properly would be conrad inside soi ruam rudee located inside all season's place.

This is one of the reasons why I am so scared bringing my gf to Canada. Her office job pays a lot more than she would get in a first world country after tax. I think she would hate me for destroying her career.

There was one Canadian idiot on immigration forum asking about his wife getting a job in finance in Canada (Quebec out of all places and she did not speak French). He thought just because she was working at a Thai bank which was bought by Canadian one (Bank of Nova Scotia) that it would be easy sailing for her... never mind that banking system is completely different in 2 countries. I think she was making almost 100k in Thailand. Anyway, the retard lost his cool when I told him it would take her at least 10 years to have the same career and earnings she had in Thailand. Frankly, No wonder some Thai women act the way they do when you have some not so smart people telling them fairy tales about the country they live in just to get some. I would be pd and take half of your house too.

My wife is hi-so Thai Chinese, her father a general in the army and the family has connection in government and has asked what is a job ?

Isn't that the thing poor people have to do if the family has no money, btw she has just taken the Aston to the shops so I will advise her of everyone's responses when she gets back

• Like 1

My Wife runs her own business clears +200 k a month dont know if you would call her white collar. works for herself in real estate

This months figures 310k baht clear profit, shes 38

I would make sure to stay clear of this girls business. With that kind of income, Im sure there's some hanky panky going on.

My Wife runs her own business clears +200 k a month dont know if you would call her white collar. works for herself in real estate

I would make sure to stay clear of this girls business. With that kind of income, Im sure there's some hanky panky going on.
Warning: Thai visa reader finds it impossible to understand that it is possible to legitimately make more than 30,000 baht per month in Thailand.

Nope not true statement....

A person running their own real estate business clearing 310000 baht (US $6200) a month is unbelievable.

Warning: Thai visa reader finds it impossible to understand that it is possible to legitimately make more than 30,000 baht per month in Thailand.

A person running their own real estate business clearing 310000 baht (US $6200) a month is unbelievable.

Why is it unbelievable ?

that's like 5% commission from the sale of 6 x 1 million baht condo's.....

Why? Few 100k lets is all it takes.

OB

Hope you don't run your own business ? Your books must be a mess !

Thb 310,000 = USD 6200 :blink:

Now that is unbelievable,

Let me guess your a day trader/ into forex ?

Edited by Soutpeel

$9,000 a month. Even Hanky Panky doesnt explain that level of earnings.

$9,000 a month. Even Hanky Panky doesnt explain that level of earnings.

Ill do some financial forensics-give us name of agency- i want to buy a condo from her.

Hope you don't run your own business ? Your books must be a mess !

Thb 310,000 = USD 6200 :blink:

Now that is unbelievable,

Let me guess your a day trader/ into forex ?

Actually the 6200 is from the average of 200000 a month she supposedly makes

Edited by 2fishin2

I'm 29, Thai native, working as accounting manager, get around Baht 70k a month, excluding bonus (should be small anyway). When i started working (2008), I got like 18k from Big 4 audit firm.

I believe average salary for well-educated Thai should be around 50k+, just my guess though.

The question was average income for white collar work

Apart from all these high earners that have been described above, there are the hordes of office ladies, sitting at an old rotten desk, doing all kinds of work in some non-descript company, no English spoken.

Few of them make more than 20000.

White collar staff at SB furniture (sales, accounting etc) 8000-15000.

Ask the girls in the office of your apartment, how much they make. Less than 15000.

Hotel receptionist in a boutique hotel, passable English: 10000

Same in average hotel in suburbs, no English: starting salary 12000

Same in a Japanese hotel: 13000

Same in 4-5 star hotel, 10 years work experience, trained in Singapore, good English: 23000

Same on Sukhumvit: 20000 + more than 30000 by shady dealings on the side (now forbidden)

Thai call center for true or AIS: about 15-20000 + 1200 ST

English call center: can get 30000

Staff in international shipping company, grown up and educated in the US, several years work experience: more than 80000

Edited by uhuh

The question was average income for white collar work

Apart from all these high earners that have been described above, there are the hordes of office ladies, sitting at an old rotten desk, doing all kinds of work in some non-descript company, no English spoken.

Few of them make more than 20000.

White collar staff at SB furniture (sales, accounting etc) 8000-15000.

Ask the girls in the office of your apartment, how much they make. Less than 15000.

Hotel receptionist in a boutique hotel, passable English: 10000

Same in average hotel in suburbs, no English: starting salary 12000

Same in a Japanese hotel: 13000

Same in 4-5 star hotel, 10 years work experience, trained in Singapore, good English: 23000

Same on Sukhumvit: 20000 + more than 30000 by shady dealings on the side (now forbidden)

Thai call center for true or AIS: about 15-20000 + 1200 ST

English call center: can get 30000

Staff in international shipping company, grown up and educated in the US, several years work experience: more than 80000

This is kinda irrelevant because op was quite specific. I also like all the guys coming out of nowhere saying how much their gf/wives make.

I just provided my example because it was relevant to the op.

Not really. She lets out say 5 places to expats per month at 60,000 baht per month and based on the fact that the real estate agent gets the first months rent as commission and she is over the line already. Not hard to believe at all in Bangkok.

Do a google for 'average salary bangkok' and you'll see reports from international HR companies that give a detailed breakdown.

From my experience (from what I have seen) 50-60k

Personally I'd consider that way too high.

I work in an office with accountants and marketing people in their mid 20's with degrees, and their salary is around 30k.

I know graduate architects typically work for 25k/month.

Graduate teachers, 15-20k/month.

Doctors, pilots, engineers, etc, earn more. But they're not the average.

Edited by razorramone

Upward pressure is huge in entry level administration jobs. Graduates are now making 30K+ per month once yearly bonuses are taken into consideration. This has double in the last 5 years, expect to continue to rise. Bangkok is really thriving.

"Comptitive" industries they know they can underpay, so it's not uncommon to see a receptionist or a waiter make more than a government worker, many of whom covet the latter because of fringe benefits such as tea money and free health care.

Some real figures from our office, a multinational company located in Bangkok:

The lowest paid employee is a graduate assistant, earning $25K a month (drivers and cleaners are probably on less but they are contractors). The average secretary earns 40-45K per month, while personal assistants are around the 60-70K figure. Everyone else in the building is semi-professional (account managers / designers / producers) and earn between 70-180K per month depending on experience. Senior executives are in the 200-400K range.

Do a google search.. Adecco salary guide Thailand

http://www.adecco.co.th/Uploads/Knowledge-Center-Thought-Leadership/Thailand-Salary-Guide/Adecco-Thailand-Salary-Guide-2015.pdf

Thais are not as low paid any many think...

Great stuff. Really useful link. Yes, I was surprised to see the abundance of positions in the 40,000 to 120,000 range. The middle class makes more here than I thought.