Dual Gas Fuel Options

thaigerd

If you want to add LPG, the cheapest cost about 18K baht with a fix mixer, tank and italian vaparozor. The cost go up to 50K baht for a six cylinder injection type LPG kit(not using mixer).

The lost of power is about 10%, which is hardly noticable in a 3000cc car.

But be prepare for rough/unstable idling if using a fixed mixer type.

The saving is more than 50% at current price of 9.6baht/liter of LPG. huge saving.

If you want to add LPG, the cheapest cost about 18K baht with a fix mixer, tank and italian vaparozor. The cost go up to 50K baht for a six cylinder injection type LPG kit(not using mixer).

The lost of power is about 10%, which is hardly noticable in a 3000cc car.

But be prepare for rough/unstable idling if using a fixed mixer type.

The saving is more than 50% at current price of 9.6baht/liter of LPG. huge saving.

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, one more question: Can I switch from LP to gasoline in case one of the fuels is going to be empty???

Gerd

can switch as much as you like, while driving no problems...

When idling you just need to give a tad of throttle to keep your engine from stalling...

With the old style system you'll lose 10% power, with the new injection systems hardly any powerloss at all...

can switch as much as you like, while driving no problems...

When idling you just need to give a tad of throttle to keep your engine from stalling...

With the old style system you'll lose 10% power, with the new injection systems hardly any powerloss at all...

We fitted an italian injection system into our 9 year old Mazda Lantis. On a run (300Kms round trip we got 0.84Baht/Km driving 100/110 Kms/Hr. Its something over 1Baht/Km in BK.

Yes--the idle is not as smooth as it could be. Reason..old engine 170000Kms and the injectors are not as accurate as they could be at low injection rates.

There is a loss of power at low revs..below about 2800. Maybe tuning is out. Maybe just as its a Mazda. When we went to the Mazda shop to sort out another small problem..he said something like 'o god not another conversion..its not really suitable for this engine..I can make it idle smoother but will take a while. He had just had a simular car in a couple of weeks ago.

If I had my time around again I would have looked at http://www.lo-gas.com/Company.html I e-mailed them and Chrysler Bangkok stock the system. Take my advise.. buy the best conversion that you can afford. We paid 34000Baht and it wasen't trouble free at first..but as I say main problem was an old engine.

The installation was first class though..I was very impressd with the quality of the installation.